Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #1546
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Ok thanks. I went ahead and booked the $206 rate last night for June 2-8.
Congrats on making the reservation! Now keep checking periodically. Should you ever find a lower rate for your dates, all you need to do is call the 888# and they will first confirm that rate exists (could be on their website, SPG website, AAA website, or one of the discounters like travelocity), then they will adjust your reservation to the lower rate!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #1547
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Will the Dolphin (and/or Swan), ship a box home like the WDW resorts do? I plan to do a little holiday shopping when we are down over Thanksgiving next year and we fly, so I just want to ship a box home to myself once I've finished all that shopping.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #1548
Dan Murphy
We are family.

The business center in either resort should be able to take care of that, for a fee.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #1549
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Congrats on making the reservation! Now keep checking periodically. Should you ever find a lower rate for your dates, all you need to do is call the 888# and they will first confirm that rate exists (could be on their website, SPG website, AAA website, or one of the discounters like travelocity), then they will adjust your reservation to the lower rate!
Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #1550
2disneycruzrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

If a restaurant has a children's menu, then it intends to welcome children. AllEars.net doesn't list a children's menu for Shula's, so perhaps that is less child-friendly.
Shula's is an excellent, high-end restaurant. I couldn't imagine taking my DD there. Bluezoo seemed frou frou to me but that was about five years ago though it was good. Can't really see taking a child to a Todd English restaurant.

Wonder 10/14 * Reimagined Magic 12/13 * Swan/Dream/Animation: 12/12 * Beach Club: 1/12 - work * AKL/Dream: 9/11 - my daughter's and nieces' first cruise! * Beach Club/Wonder: 11/08 - work * Beach Club/Wonder: 8/08 - work (I get paid to go?!) * Dolphin/Wonder: 12/05 * RCCL - Jewel inaugural season (Western) 4/05-work * RCCL - Serenade inaugural season (Alaska) 8/04 - work * Swan/Magic: 11/03 Eastern * Dolphin/Wonder 10/02 - our honeymoon * WDW '83
Old 12-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #1551
Zooteach1@yahoo.com
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for the report! Question - what kind of view did you have from your room? I put in a request for an EP view on a high floor, but I may change that to "quiet room" after reading your review. I've had many a noisy room on Disney property and would love to get a good night's sleep at the Dolphin!

Thank you for the restaurant and internet tips as well - super helpful review!
We didn't have much view to speak of, we had only reserved the cheapest room category. We looked down on the convention center roof and could just barely see MK way off in the distance. I think the key for a quiet room is to avoid being on the big long main hallways. Our room was in this little alcove that was a left turn off the end of the main hall and there were only three rooms total in that section. And as I said, only one wall adjoined another room. Now if we had noisy neighbors in that one room next door, I guess we still could have had problems. But since it was only a very short hall off by itself, there was no space for kids to be inspired to run the distance of the hall (as I have seen mention of by previous posters) and no real reason for anyone to come down that far.

I'm sure if you tell them that quiet is more important to you than nearness of the elevators or ice machines they will find you a nice isolated nook like they did for us. The hotel is so huge I'm sure there are plenty of arrangements on each floor like what we had.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #1552
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Leaving soon for an overnight in Milwaukee and a morning flight out to Orlando, and the Swan, and WDW too. Looking forward to it. It was 70º here in Chicago today, so a bit of a prelude to the Florida weather.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Old 12-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #1553
ahutton
WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996

Hooray Dan! Your trip being here means ours is right behind you!

Proud Second Generation SwanDolphin Cheerleader
Old 12-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #1554
peepsmama
Earning My Ears

We will be arriving at the Swan Sunday for our first stay there and we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary (with the kids though). Is it too late to do a room request and how would you go about doing that...through the VIP Conceirge page?

We are booked for a standard room, so I figure a nice view is probably out, but wondered if we should request shorter walk (as we usually have done at other resorts) or maybe a quiet room. Any advice for this S/D newbie as to what request would make the week's stay more special? TIA!

*UPCOMING* Dec 2012-SD
Nov 2011- CONT
Jan 2005- BC
Jan 2004-BC
Jan 2003-YC
Jan 2002-BC

1990,1988,1987,1986,1982,1978 - all LBV or offsite

Last edited by peepsmama; 12-04-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 AM   #1555
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
The business center in either resort should be able to take care of that, for a fee.
Thank you.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #1556
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepsmama View Post
We will be arriving at the Swan Sunday for our first stay there and we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary (with the kids though). Is it too late to do a room request and how would you go about doing that...through the VIP Conceirge page?

We are booked for a standard room, so I figure a nice view is probably out, but wondered if we should request shorter walk (as we usually have done at other resorts) or maybe a quiet room. Any advice for this S/D newbie as to what request would make the week's stay more special? TIA!
If you haven't done so already, you may want to consider becoming a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG). It's Starwood's frequent stay program. It's free and, I believe, just by being a member they will offer you a free upgrade if available (Swan/Dolphin vets, please correct me if I'm wrong). All you would need to do is join, get your SPG number and then have it added to your reservation. Here is a link to join:

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...oll/index.html

As far as requests, I would request what you would like in order of importance and then hope for the best! If you want a nice view, it doesn't hurt to ask!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #1557
peepsmama
Earning My Ears

Thanks, Marthasor! Can I do that through the concierge link or do I need to call?

*UPCOMING* Dec 2012-SD
Nov 2011- CONT
Jan 2005- BC
Jan 2004-BC
Jan 2003-YC
Jan 2002-BC

1990,1988,1987,1986,1982,1978 - all LBV or offsite
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #1558
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepsmama View Post
Thanks, Marthasor! Can I do that through the concierge link or do I need to call?
After you join SPG and get your membership number, I would call the reservations line and ask them to add your SPG number to the reservation. Maybe bring your membership number and mention your membership when you check in as well. Hope it helps!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #1559
Mrs.Milo
DIS Veteran

Hello all! I just found this thread thanks to my daughter ahutton. She is there at the Dolphin now with her hubby, while Mr.Milo is home babysitting our adorable grandkids. This is my favorite time of year to visit, and we were there last year, so really miss it. So nice to "see" all the familiar names here.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #1560
cindym
Mouseketeer

I'm sure the answers to my questions are somewhere in this long thread but I can't read it all now. I need to know if I can make ADRS for Epcot restaurants if I stay at the Swan/Dolphin? Also we have a king room booked with a rollaway bed at the Dolphin. Will this be really crowded? I can book 2 queens at the Swan. Which would give us the most room? We are two adults and a 5 year old. There are no sofa beds. I've stayed at all of the Epcot hotels except the Swan/Dolphin. The rates for our trip are just too good to pass up! 11/30/13 -12/07/13

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: