Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #3586
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMasterNerd View Post
Yup, ociana has a party of 9 and I have a party of 7 for the 3:15 tour on Christmas Eve We'll see you out there!

J.
Yep, I believe you all were the ones I saw for Christmas Eve. But we're doing the tour Christmas Day. (You all have fun getting to go a day before us!!) But does anyone have it scheduled for Christmas Day with us?
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

Old 11-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #3587
Rayray650
Earning My Ears

First time posting but just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the tips and photos, especially Sherry.

I will be at Disneyland for the first time over both Christmas and New Years and can't wait. This thread has provided so much info.

Holidays tour, J I too have a place on the Christmas Eve afternoon tour.

Thanks again everyone :-)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #3588
JediMasterNerd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
Yep, I believe you all were the ones I saw for Christmas Eve. But we're doing the tour Christmas Day. (You all have fun getting to go a day before us!!) But does anyone have it scheduled for Christmas Day with us?

oops, missed that LOL Enjoy your tour!

J.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #3589
Riniel
Mouseketeer

Just want to chime in that I booked the 3:15 Holiday Tour for NYE bright & early this morning! So excited!! Hopefully our tour guide has some Moses-like crowd parting skills!

Has anyone been on the tour this year with a mini review to share? I'm most interested in what (if anything) they do at DCA.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #3590
disneymum58
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riniel View Post
Just want to chime in that I booked the 3:15 Holiday Tour for NYE bright & early this morning! So excited!! Hopefully our tour guide has some Moses-like crowd parting skills!
Hi! Our group of 5 will be on that tour as well.
I just noticed you're going the same dates as us from Canada too.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #3591
extrap99
Earning My Ears

If all goes well with flights and getting there, my family will be on the 3:15 on NYE as well. Very excited!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #3592
JediMasterNerd
Earning My Ears

Talking

Ordered the PhotoPass Plus last night... Wasn't sure if I should --- if the weather doesn't cooperate I may not get the bang for the buck but we're also doing a character dining dinner at Goofy's Kitchen and a character dining breakfast at PCH Grill so I'm thinking it'll pay for itself in the end even if the weather doesn't cooperate...

3 weeks from tomorrow we leave!!!

J.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #3593
RedRosie
Mouseketeer

Just got back from 5 days in DLR. thank you all for the great info. We had an amazing time. I loved Jingle Jangle Jamboree. It really is a secret gem. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto were there in the special Christmas attire. No lines to talk with them. In fact, they wandered around for someone to talk to! Billy Hill and crew were great and they had special surprise guests (I will keep the secret!). Santa and mrs. Claus were there too of course. Woody and Jessie were at the entrance and there was a line to see them. No reindeer but there were a few lambs. My DD loved them! The barbeque area was closed, but there was still plenty to do and lots of picnic tables open. I loved that area!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #3594
pbbecker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfish96 View Post
Also where can we find Duffy bear ?
We saw Duffy across from Ariel's Grotto this past week. He was wearing a santa suit.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:45 AM   #3595
Riniel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymum58 View Post
Hi! Our group of 5 will be on that tour as well.
I just noticed you're going the same dates as us from Canada too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrap99 View Post
If all goes well with flights and getting there, my family will be on the 3:15 on NYE as well. Very excited!
Very cool! It's just me and my mum, but it's great to know most of our group will be DISers! See you there!!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #3596
dalstitch45
DIS Veteran

Did the first Holiday Tour today. It was awesome. Right before the parade started, it looked like it was going to rain. It didn't start raining until about an hour after the 1:00 parade. By the way, the marshmallow treats at Trolley Treats were yummy. Going to go back and get some more of those. Getting ready to go back to the park, and take some more pictures of the decorations at DCA.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #3597
ociana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray650 View Post
First time posting but just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the tips and photos, especially Sherry.

I will be at Disneyland for the first time over both Christmas and New Years and can't wait. This thread has provided so much info.

Holidays tour, J I too have a place on the Christmas Eve afternoon tour.

Thanks again everyone :-)
Hi RayRay! Sounds like our tour is basically filled with DIS boards people. We were all the educated ones who knew to call right away and get this booked. It should be a great tour!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #3598
ociana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMasterNerd View Post
Ordered the PhotoPass Plus last night... Wasn't sure if I should --- if the weather doesn't cooperate I may not get the bang for the buck but we're also doing a character dining dinner at Goofy's Kitchen and a character dining breakfast at PCH Grill so I'm thinking it'll pay for itself in the end even if the weather doesn't cooperate...

3 weeks from tomorrow we leave!!!

J.
I keep wavering back and forth on the PhotoPass Plus order. Right now I am at a "no" but that could change. I just don't typically do many typical pictures on our trip and the idea of standing in line after rides at the ride photo booth sounds like no fun at all. I have only ever once bought a ride photo and that's cause my guys all made funny faces at once and it was just too perfect to pass up.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #3599
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Just out of interest, when did the parade times etc information come out this year? I know that people were waiting weeks for the Halloween time calendar to show up. Was it the same with the Christmas one?
Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #3600
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiMouseGirl
Just out of interest, when did the parade times etc information come out this year? I know that people were waiting weeks for the Halloween time calendar to show up. Was it the same with the Christmas one?
The basic hours came out 6 weeks before, but we didn't have any entertainment info until after Halloween... Which was 4 weeks til my December dates.

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. Dec '12, 6 days @ PPH, dh, dd &I. Can't stand it anymore--DLH here we come Oct 25-29, 2015!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: