Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
SonomaCountyDad
Earning My Ears

Tipping at cabins

We arrived on Sunday and checked into our cabin. There were some half eaten bags of food and trash, so we were not overly pleased. Since we had to rush off to dinner, I simply ignored this. Since then, we have been unlucky, in that every time housekeeping has come around, our son has been taking a nap, so I have politely declined service. No one from housekeeping has been in our cabin sine we arrived. We are leaving tomorrow, and though I would normally be leaving a tip, I am not so sure this time. Yes, the cabin still needs to be cleaned after we leave, but I normally tip for services already rendered, not services that may come after I am gone. Any thoughts?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
owl0306
Mouseketeer

I never tip housekeeping even when a great job is done as it is NOT a tipped position. I would have never ignored what you did. That is filth and the money you pay to stay at disney that is unacceptable
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
veraletta
DIS Veteran

We had trouble with our maid this pass fall, once we left a tip the maid would come back in the morning and keep coming back every 30 minutes until we told her no service for the day. We ended up getting no rest while at the fort. we were so happy to leave and move on to another resort.
We love the Fort and enjoy our stay until this last time.
We did report her as we told her many times to come back later which to me means afternoon. I worked as a maid and the rule is if someone is sleeping you come back after lunch...
To this maid it meant to keep coming back until you to get to clean the room or get them so mad they say no service.
My daughter did report it to the front desk before leaving to go to our new resort. And I followed with a call to Disney as soon as I got home. Disney agreed with me, and said she should have came back in the afternoon after being told once to come back later. She came back 5 times until my daughter said no service... and believe me when my daughter gets mad everyone listens..lol
I don't know if I will tip this time, as I would love to tip as I know this is a hard job but I don't want to repeat of what happen last time.... I want to rest after staying at the park until 3 am.. Well late night stay.. lol no 3 am in the winter months.
veraletta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
massmickeypal
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at the cabins multiple times. We have always had great maid service and even gotten to know the maids by name and a little about them. Isabelle was our favorite and she was with us for more than a week. We tipped her $3 per day.
Your circumstances were different and I think you should feel comfortable that with the service you recieved no gratuity would have been needed. I hope your trip was fun even with the challenges you shared.
massmickeypal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: