Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #856
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
It's hard to believe this trip was almost a year ago! You were at 50's just a few days before me! Mmmmm that chicken. So freakin good.
I can't believe it either! This year has flown by even faster than usual. It's crazy. I feel like this trip just happened a few months ago.

I wish I could have that chicken right now! AHH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
I had no idea that the Tune-In Lounge even existed! This is why I love Disney... you can think you know a lot and then BOOM! you learn something new.

What are those gold things though? I feel like some elderly relatives of mine have them hanging on their walls, but I don't know why. I always thought that they were cake pans, but then why would you hang a cake pan on the wall?

I love that message on the sugar packets! I'll have to pay more attention to the sugar packets in the future.
Exactly! Just when ya think you know it all... you find out something new.

I think you're right about them being cake pans. IDK I think people probably just hung them on the wall bc they ran out of storage. Like when people have frying pans hanging above the stove or something. Just a guess.

haha I definitely pay more attention to sugar packets now!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #857
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

The 50s is one of my all time favorite Disney restaurants. I just love the theming, the atmosphere, the CMs, and of course, THE FOOD.

And I basically cry every time Walt comes on the TV.

I need a red velvet cupcake right now. I am having withdrawals.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #858
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
The 50s is one of my all time favorite Disney restaurants. I just love the theming, the atmosphere, the CMs, and of course, THE FOOD.

And I basically cry every time Walt comes on the TV.

I need a red velvet cupcake right now. I am having withdrawals.
Agreed on ALL accounts
Old 12-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #859
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 13, 2011
Day 9, Part 4 In Which This Is ALL THAT!

Happy December everybody!!

This trip was officially almost a year ago exactly. I really can't believe it. I feel like it was just a few months ago. Hey life, STOP DISAPPEARING BEFORE MY VERY EYES!!! SHEESH.

Do you think I can finish this TR by Dec 14, 2012? That will be a year to the day that we came home from this amazing trip! I'm gonna try!

After our relaxing time in Hollywood, we high tailed it over to Epcot! Which is the only appropriate way to go there, as per Stacey.

In actuality, we just went to go wait for the Epcot bus, which took really long to arrive. I can't remember why we didn't take the Friendship boats... it may have been because I wanted to walk into the park and see Spaceship Earth in front of me one last time before we went home. At the end of our trips, everything is about dramatically seeing/doing something "one last time". LOL.

Oh, what a beautiful sight.

I really wanted to go on Mission: Sinise, say it with me now.... one last time, so that's where we headed. Mom didn't feel like riding, so she waited on a bench nearby while I went on. Not a lot to report there - usually I get teamed with amazing/crazy/hilarious people, but this time it was just your average Mission to Mars.

After I said goodbye to Sinise, it was time to visit Ellen, who we hadn't seen in YEARS!

I used to love - LOVE this attraction. I was seriously the biggest Ellen fan. I still am. But I remember the whole thing with her coming out on TV and how amazing and brave she was, even though I was only 7 or 8 at the time. My aunt was gay so it was extremely relevant and powerful to me, even at that age. I used to watch her sitcom with my mom every single week, and so when I realized she was in a ride at my favorite place in the world, I was so thrilled.

On one trip, we actually went on this ride twice, and my dad was so mad because he wanted to spend more time in the World Showcase, and here I was forcing my parents to go on the longest ride ever a second time in one trip. What can I say, I love me some Ellen.

I also just loved how there were so many different elements to this attraction, so many different ways they presented all this information to you, so many different sections of the attraction, making it so much fun to learn all these facts about energy. Yeah, it's a little long but it is well done and Jamie Lee Curtis is there too with Einstein! It's just a quality attraction.

ANYWAY my point is... a lot of people skip it, and we hadn't been on it in awhile, but I love and appreciate EEE very much! I mean, it's no trip to Mars with Sinise, but it's still awesome.

I used to love these dinosaurs when I was a kid. I was seriously fascinated by this.

Also, I don't have a pic, but this attraction is home to the worst audio animatronic ever. It's Ellen, except that it looks nothing like her. It's truly remarkable how lifelike the Hall of Presidents animatronics are, so I really don't know why Ellen's looks so awful!

Here's a (bad) pic I found on Google:

LOL.

Our brains chock full of energy facts (Stupid Judy!!!!), we headed over to the World Showcase.

The main thing I wanted to do was the Kim Possible mission, which I had never done before but REALLY wanted to cause of all the great reviews I heard.

People on the DIS have always put disclaimers when writing about it in their TRs, saying not to read on if you haven't done it because it would spoil the surprises, so that only made me want to do it more. I needed to know what these surprises were!!!

We signed up for a mission and got a pass telling us to go check in at a certain time, so before helping Kim save the world, we killed some time hanging out in the UK.

I did what I always do while at the World Showcase, take pictures of candy that amuses me and flirt with boys. Duh.

I LOVED this Alice in Wonderland tea set:

Especially the rocking horse fly at the top!

I was actually going to buy it, but I was really concerned about getting it home safely so I decided to mull it over for awhile. I still haven't purchased it! I decided moving to Disney is the only option, that way I can just drive it on back to the apartment with no problem. :D

The flirting went OK, didn't pick up any husbands but I did have a convo with one of those super uppercrust types. I could tell by his accent, because in the UK the sharper and more perfect your accent, the higher status you are considered. Or something. I don't know, I've never been there but I read a lot so I know random things like this. He was VERY PROPER and I just knew he was Prince William's 14th cousin or something. We spoke about tea and I asked if American tea is generally as horrible as English people claim it is. He said he didn't know, he never tried it and probably never would, he brought his own tea over and makes it himself. LOL. OF COURSE. WHY HE EVEN TRY OUR SWILL? Honestly.

I wanted to see British Invasion, but they weren't there that night. Instead, there was a really good band playing songs by the Who, and they definitely had the rock and roll hair down too. Haha.

Loved them!

After the band finished, I went into the shop that has all the insanely amazing rock and roll merchandise... and I proceeded to have some kind of seizure. OMG.

I live for the Beatles, and they had so many fantastic Beatlethings. I was dying! It wasn't just your standard black and white shirts that say "the Beatles" or have the photo of them walking across Abbey Road. There was so much unique and beautiful merchandise, I was honestly in Heaven! Not to mention all the great Rolling Stones, Who, Led Zeppelin, Elton John, etc etc stuff they had. I really freaked out because I wanted to buy EVERYTHING and here it was almost the end of the trip, so I was kind of feeling like I had spent enough money. So I was like WHAT DO I BUY, WHAT DO I NOT BUY, WHAT DO I DO, WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE, IS THERE A GOD, etc.

It was quite the existential crisis.

I took like 30 pictures of various things I loved and wanted to buy, but I have some sad news. Most of my pictures from this part of the trip on are GONE.

My old laptop just decided to totally die one day and the place I backed up my files on only uploaded a random selection of photos instead of all the ones I added. So I lost a lot of stuff. When I get my old laptop fixed, whenever that is, hopefully I will be able to recover and share them in a future TR! Until then, you will just have to rely on my fabulous descriptions, because I have only a handful of pictures left to show you for our last two days. BOO.

I bought an I heart UK shirt... I liked it cause it was in a different style than most shirts like this that you see. Like I said, everything was pretty unique! I also bought a a Beatles change purse and a John Lennon shirt. I seriously could not wait to get back to this shop, but on my most recent trip I noticed that the merchandise is not as great as it was last year! Still awesome, just not as varied.

I posted on Twitter:
Just lost my mind in the UK shop that sells all the Beatles, Who, and Stones merch. Want to spend every dime I have.

I'm not a very materialistic person, but when you connect rock and roll with shopping... I go a little mad. AHH.

So it was at this point that we got to the time we were supposed to check in for our Kim Possible mission, and my mom was really not feeling it. She thought it was going to be super kiddie and didn't want to do it.

I got a little annoyed b/c I wanted to do it so bad and I was so excited and she was kind of putting a damper on that. She was all for me doing it and was like "Go ahead, have fun!" But I wanted to do it together. And she was just against it. I tried to explain how awesome I had heard it was, but she had made up her mind, apparently? I hate when people don't trust me about how amazing something Disney-related is going to be. It's like, IF I KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING IN THE WHOLE WORLD, it's Disney. Just trust me!!

I was just going to drop it but I really thought it would be fun to do together and NOT just for kids (I mean hello, there is a lot of stuff we do in Disney that could be considered more for children and we enjoy it just as much as a kid would). So after arguing for a bit, I just convinced her to at least follow along with me.

We got our Kimmunicator and found out our mission was in Germany. Now, you all know how I feel about Germany so I was very excited about that! So off to the land o'beer and pretzels we went!!

Ok so, even though the mission is no longer Kim Possible themed, I'm pretty sure it's the same concept so I don't want to give anything away. BUT GOOD LORD, this is pure Disney magic!

I'm so happy I didn't read any spoilers, because I was seriously shocked by what happened. I thought it was so cool, and I can not even imagine how blown away kids must be by this. If the Kim Possible mission had been around when I was a child, I would have FREAKED. It's just that next level kind of magic that only Disney can provide.

Even my mom was amazed by it. The first time something happened (again don't wanna give too much away) she froze and said, "You didn't just... make that happen, right?" And I was like YEAH I PRETTY MUCH DID AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO DO THIS. So after that point, she was into it, which made me very happy! She said that she thought we were going to have to be on some kind of timed schedule and rushing around the entire World Showcase, and that's why she didn't want to do it originally. I was like GIRL, no. You need to make a Disboards username so you can be up on all the information! Sheesh, Mom. Sheesh.

I couldn't wait to get to the next part of the mission each time. It was so fun running around Germany, solving mysteries, crushing evil villains, and saving the world! The new theme is Phineas and Ferb, which I've never even seen, but I will still definitely be participating. It was so fun!

Our mission complete, I got one of my favorite Disney snacks: a Bavarian pretzel. You can actually get these exact same ones at Whole Foods, but it's way better when you're around the German CMs. Trust me.

While ordering, I almost knocked over one of the drinks they had on display during my attempt to to flirt with the German CM. I apologized and he said it was fine but was laughing at me. Another flirting mishap courtesy of Lia. You're welcome. (Don't worry, in my next TR, you'll learn that the whole flirting w/Germans thing went a lot smoother. :D)

Also... I noticed his name was STEFAN. I looked around for Damon, but he was nowhere to be found. Le sigh. Speaking of which, GO DELENA! Who saw the latest TVD episode in all its shirt-ripping glory? I did. Hales yes!

OK so, I then heard something amazing, and cracked up laughing.

I posted on Twitter:
A GROUP OF GIRLS ARE SINGING THE ALL THAT THEME SONG IN GERMANY RIGHT NOW.

OH it was so awesome.

Sit still cause we're comin' right atcha!!! OHHHHHHH UHHH OHHHHHHHHH THIS IS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THAT! THIS IS ALLLLLLLL THAAAAAT!!! YEAH YEAH!!

Ahhh, I was so happy. That was just the perfect thing to happen in that moment. And it wasn't even the last time I would hear a song from my childhood be randomly sung aloud in Disney... stay tuned during STUCK IN DISNEY for that one!

Up next: Loving Japan & our last TS meal of the trip! BOO!!!! (to. you. AHHHH!!!)
Old 12-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #860
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That's hilarious how your mom instantly thought that the mission was awesome!!! I am determined to do one next year, I swear! DF always thinks it'll be silly, but they look fun!

Hahahahahahahaha that's amazing that they were randomly singing the All That theme song!!! You should have joined in with some other old-school TV theme songs...Legends of the Hidden Temple or Clarissa Explains It All, perhaps??
Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #861
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay Epcot! You're absolutely right, high tailing it on over to Epcot is really the only way to get there!

(BTW...have you heard that they are showing the new Stacey Fantasyland footage now? I've been stalking youtube to see if anyone put anything up, but so far nothing...I have to see it!!! )

Can you believe I've still never been on the Ellen ride? I don't know why, when we were there, we never even went to that side of Future World...I think I was subconsciously angry at Test Track for being closed so long, so I stayed away! I would really like to try the Ellen ride someday, maybe in Feb. when I'm there with my sister!

I love that your mom loved the Kim Possible mission! Isn't it so much fun? I finally tried them on this past trip, now that they are Phineas and Ferb, and they are adorable! Oh, and you must watch Phineas and Ferb, it's SO good! I'm obsessed with Perry the Platypus...and I want to be Vanessa Doofenshmirtz for Halloween someday...just watch it!

It's so weird that your trip was almost an entire year ago...I was there at the same time and it really does not seem like it was a year ago, and now that December is here again, I want to go again!!! Like right now! Ughhh...I'm trying to get myself to Disneyland next year, but I feel like it's never going to happen because I'm going to keep dropping Disneyland for WDW! I just can't imagine the holidays without a Disney trip!

(ps-I started my November TR, if you want to stop by! )

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #862
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That's hilarious how your mom instantly thought that the mission was awesome!!! I am determined to do one next year, I swear! DF always thinks it'll be silly, but they look fun!

Hahahahahahahaha that's amazing that they were randomly singing the All That theme song!!! You should have joined in with some other old-school TV theme songs...Legends of the Hidden Temple or Clarissa Explains It All, perhaps??
It's really fun and entertaining! What happens is so unexpected. You gotta check it out.

Oh my God, you're so right. Na na na na... na na na na na na ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!!! Those shows are the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay Epcot! You're absolutely right, high tailing it on over to Epcot is really the only way to get there!

(BTW...have you heard that they are showing the new Stacey Fantasyland footage now? I've been stalking youtube to see if anyone put anything up, but so far nothing...I have to see it!!! )

Can you believe I've still never been on the Ellen ride? I don't know why, when we were there, we never even went to that side of Future World...I think I was subconsciously angry at Test Track for being closed so long, so I stayed away! I would really like to try the Ellen ride someday, maybe in Feb. when I'm there with my sister!

I love that your mom loved the Kim Possible mission! Isn't it so much fun? I finally tried them on this past trip, now that they are Phineas and Ferb, and they are adorable! Oh, and you must watch Phineas and Ferb, it's SO good! I'm obsessed with Perry the Platypus...and I want to be Vanessa Doofenshmirtz for Halloween someday...just watch it!

It's so weird that your trip was almost an entire year ago...I was there at the same time and it really does not seem like it was a year ago, and now that December is here again, I want to go again!!! Like right now! Ughhh...I'm trying to get myself to Disneyland next year, but I feel like it's never going to happen because I'm going to keep dropping Disneyland for WDW! I just can't imagine the holidays without a Disney trip!

(ps-I started my November TR, if you want to stop by! )
Yeah, they are playing the new Stacey footage! I kinda want to wait to see it person next time I'm in Disney though. Sadly I hear the part with her saying TEST TRACK BABY is gone.

Definitely check out Ellen's ride!

It sounds really cute. I know a lot of people love it. Glad you finally got to do the mission!! I can't wait to try it again. (:

Oh man I want to go right now so bad! If I had the money I would seriously just go. I don't even care. I want to do Christmas at Disney again so bad! Next year I feel like I have to do 2 trips, one in Oct & one in Dec. I just don't see any other way. Unless I move there. HAH.

I AM DYING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND. I can't even describe how badly. I need to make it out to LA sometime next year so I am really hoping I can go for AT LEAST one day.

Yay! I'll check it out!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #863
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Wow, I can't believe it has been a year since this trip. Last December was seriously one of my favorite months of my life. It was such an exciting time because I had a new school to look forward to, a Disney audition to go to, a family Disney trip, and I was in great shape. Ahh I wish I could go back!

I bet you can finish it! OMG ON DECEMBER 14TH I WILL ONLY HAVE 2 DAYS OF THE SEMESTER LEFT. Ahh this is so freaking exciting.

I'm so excited for my DCP just so I can go on every attraction without having to fit in all of the "important" stuff. Like... I want to take the time to ride ellen or do all of the frumpy world showcase movies or the hall of presidents. No one ever wants to see them because we're on such a strict time schedule, but now I will have time! YAY! I haven't seen Ellen in YEARS.

LOL HE BROUGHT HIS OWN TEA OVER. Definitely a higher class brit. You were right.

I'm glad you just did the mission even if your Mom didn't want to. Because then she got into it and then you were both happy and AHH I LOVE THAT DISNEY CAN DO THAT TO PEOPLE.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #864
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Don't forget Alex Trebek. He's there too.

The way you felt about your mom not wanting to do the Kim Possible mission is how I feel about the Contempo cupcakes! So far (that I know) only one person has taken my advice. SOMEDAY everyone will understand.

Oh man, they really need to start showing All That reruns. (They should NEVER make a new version because it would definitely be terrible.)

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 12-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #865
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Look at you, breaking the rules at 50's and not getting busted for it!

Ooohhhh, good choice going with a Red Velvet cupcake at Starring Rolls! I did exactly the same thing (lunch at 50's, dessert at Starring Rolls), in November! I want one right now.

Hahaha, cupcake on your eyebrow. Listen, I know. They're that good. There's no shame in it.

I can't believe your trip was almost a year ago already. Where does the time go anymore? Seriously.

Who doesn't love Ellen? And Universe of Energy (sorry, I'm so old school, it will always be that to me). "Stupid Judy!"

Hahahahahaha. Man. All That was classic!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #866
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Wow, I can't believe it has been a year since this trip. Last December was seriously one of my favorite months of my life. It was such an exciting time because I had a new school to look forward to, a Disney audition to go to, a family Disney trip, and I was in great shape. Ahh I wish I could go back!

I bet you can finish it! OMG ON DECEMBER 14TH I WILL ONLY HAVE 2 DAYS OF THE SEMESTER LEFT. Ahh this is so freaking exciting.

I'm so excited for my DCP just so I can go on every attraction without having to fit in all of the "important" stuff. Like... I want to take the time to ride ellen or do all of the frumpy world showcase movies or the hall of presidents. No one ever wants to see them because we're on such a strict time schedule, but now I will have time! YAY! I haven't seen Ellen in YEARS.

LOL HE BROUGHT HIS OWN TEA OVER. Definitely a higher class brit. You were right.

I'm glad you just did the mission even if your Mom didn't want to. Because then she got into it and then you were both happy and AHH I LOVE THAT DISNEY CAN DO THAT TO PEOPLE.
Last December was great, but this one is way better because YOU ARE MOVING TO DISNEY WORLD NEXT MONTH. Seriously, how do you get anything done? I would just be sitting there constantly screaming with joy and jumping up and down. I don't even know. I would just pass out.

Yeah I agree. I had a lot of extra time being stuck in Disney and I still haven't seen the France and China movies in Epcot. I just never feel like doing it.

hahaha I can totally imagine this dude buying tea in bulk to make sure he'd never have to drink the rubbish we have here.

I know! It all worked out. I knew she would love the mission... she's a kid at heart. It just took some Disney magic to make her see how awesome it really is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Don't forget Alex Trebek. He's there too.

The way you felt about your mom not wanting to do the Kim Possible mission is how I feel about the Contempo cupcakes! So far (that I know) only one person has taken my advice. SOMEDAY everyone will understand.

Oh man, they really need to start showing All That reruns. (They should NEVER make a new version because it would definitely be terrible.)
OH RIGHT! Poor Trebek. Always getting made fun of by Sean Connery and now I forget him.

I tried to get a Contempo cupcake, but they didn't have the one I wanted at the time Ah well, I will try again next trip.

They show All That re-runs on Teen Nick and have been since last summer! They call it "The 90's Are All That" and it's a block of 90's nick programming that starts airing at midnight every night. YEAH IT'S AMAZING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Look at you, breaking the rules at 50's and not getting busted for it!

Ooohhhh, good choice going with a Red Velvet cupcake at Starring Rolls! I did exactly the same thing (lunch at 50's, dessert at Starring Rolls), in November! I want one right now.

Hahaha, cupcake on your eyebrow. Listen, I know. They're that good. There's no shame in it.

I can't believe your trip was almost a year ago already. Where does the time go anymore? Seriously.

Who doesn't love Ellen? And Universe of Energy (sorry, I'm so old school, it will always be that to me). "Stupid Judy!"

Hahahahahaha. Man. All That was classic!
I know, right! They didn't say anything. They must know not to yell at the Queen of the Polynesian. :D

Yup. It's my fave. I know the desserts at 50's are supposed to be epic, but I needed my beloved cupcake!

I think it's understandable and even acceptable to get cupcake on various places of your body when eating at Starring Rolls hahaha

I just don't know! Le sigh.

Really, the way I feel is like, if you don't love Ellen... go back to whatever weird planet you came from bc we don't want you here. LOL.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #867
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

LOVE Ellen!!! That ride is a classic!

We did the Kim Possible mission in 2010- LOVED it! We were in China most of the time.
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
Old 12-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #868
__disneygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
LOVE Ellen!!! That ride is a classic!

We did the Kim Possible mission in 2010- LOVED it! We were in China most of the time.
I agree! I'll be sad when the inevitably change/close it!

I've heard the China one is especially cool for some reason. I eventually would like to experience it in all the countries!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #869
__disneygirl

DECEMBER 13, 2011
Day 9, Part 5 In Which I Am A Repetitive Depressive Eater

So much for finishing this thing before Dec 14!!! I'm just so busy. It's lame.

A year ago today... I WAS IN DISNEY! Hopefully I will be back next year for Disney Halloween AND Disney Christmas so I don't have to go through these awful holiday withdrawals. Once you experience Disney Holidays, non-Disney Holidays just seem... meh. I mean, if Mickey Mouse isn't involved, what's the point?

Ahem.

Anyway.

After joining in to the All That sing along outside of Germany, my mom and I made our way around the WS and hung out in Japan.

In a World Showcase of lovely pavilions, Japan has to be one of the loveliest.

Not that my camera fully captured that... but you get the idea

Can you see SSE and the Christmas tree in that one? Ahh I love it! I miss that beautiful tree. I wish I was standing under it right now!

After enjoying the outdoor areas of the pavilion, we headed into Mitsukoshi. Of course, we wanted to buy everything. My mom had a mini-meltdown in here the same way I did in the UK shop. There were just so many things that she was interested in that it was hard to even focus on one thing because then she'd see something else and run over there. It's a fun shop!

It just keeps going back and back and back too. That place swallows you up. The most fun area though, is of course the Pick A Pearl!

For those not familiar, let me explain. They have live oysters here and you can choose one. The Japanese Cast Member then (VERY EXCITEDLY) opens the oyster and out comes the pearl. You choose a setting and they make a piece of jewelery for you right there. It's pretty awesome.

The CM in the picture above was so good at her job, I just wanted to hug her. This girl was born to work for Disney. She was just so happy. She was so bouncy. SHE WAS SO EXCITED. You would think that she was getting paid one million dollars an hour to pick these pearls. She got the whole crowd into it, not just the person picking the pearl. It was so fun to even be there watching. I don't know where she is or what she's doing now, but I hope she works with the public, because it would be a crime for her jolliness to be kept from the world. Seriously. She was a ray of sunshine!

My mom thought it was extremely cool and asked if I wanted to do it. I told her that I thought we should plan to definitely do it next time, since I really wanted to find the perfect setting. A lot of Dissers recommend buying a setting of your choice before arriving at Disney, to save money and have a larger selection. They will set your pearl in anything you want, it doesn't have to be purchased there. So we decided to pick out settings before our next trip and do it then! Yet another thing to look forward to.

That's the guy who places the pearl in the setting for you. He was extremely jolly as well. It was just lovely to see. I love Disney. Everything is made into an experience. You don't just buy jewelry like everywhere else, you have it picked out of a live mollusk right before your eyes. SIGH.

After lingering in Mitsukoshi for awhile, we were getting quite hungry. Originally, I believe I had planned for us to finally try Paradiso 37, but we changed our minds yet again!

We had been talking about how much we loved the food at T-Rex, and so we decided we'd go back. It seems kind of silly to me now, because there are just so many restaurants in Disney that I want to try that doing the same one twice in one trip seems a bit unnecessary.

But dude. We LOVED T-Rex. When we first went it just hit the spot so perfectly. My mom was craving the steak we had and I wanted to try one of the million other things on the menu that sounded awesome. SO we (slowly) journeyed back in time 65 million years to dine with pterodactyls.

We walked through the International Gateway to the Beach Club as Illuminations exploded in the sky above us, and sat down on the beach to soak in the atmosphere for awhile. I took my Crocs off, dug my feet in the sand, and took a load off.

It was a perfect moment. You know... just one of those "We're in Disney, and I feel at peace, and my feet are in the sand, and I'm staring at the Boardwalk, and fireworks are going off, and I'm about to eat more awesome food, and I never want to leave, and this is the best place in the world, and this is where I belong, and I love everything" kind of moments.

Before long, we headed into the lobby because I really wanted to show Mom the Christmas decorations, especially the gingerbread carrousel and house. I took a lot more pictures of them than I had the other day, but as I explained, I don't have them.

Here's a picture I stole from Google though!

Just so you can get an idea.

My favorite thing is the nautical theme on the trees. I would like to do a tree like this someday.

Eventually, we headed out to the bus stop to catch a bus to Downtown Disney. At this point I started to get really super overtired and really bummed out that we were leaving. The whole thing was very womp womp.

Once we got to T-Rex, it was pretty late and almost empty. We were seated in the middle of the restaurant and had a pretty solid view of the Ice Age room changing colors.

(These are from Google too!)

SO PRETTY. I really want to sit in there and eat but I feel like it would be too distracting and I would just look around saying "ooOOoOoOoOOOooOOh" in the Toy Story green alien voice the whole time. And then I'd have to start doing "You have saved our lives! We are eternally grateful!" too, and it would just never end.

So instead, we dined under a pterodactyl. Which is normal for us, but I mean, it was still cool.

My mom ordered the same thing as we both got the other night: The Triceratop Filet - Charbroiled center cut aged tenderloin filet, topped with a stack of butter and served with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. She said it was not as delicious as the time before, but still good. Also... I recently checked out the T-Rex menu and they have REMOVED THIS. No no no no no NO. Don't you hate when that happens?

I got the Triassic Tortellini - Tri-coloured cheese tortellini with sun-dried tomatoes, peas and mushrooms tossed in an Alfredo cream sauce. YUUUUUUUUM. Omg, I loved this. Oh so much. I asked for it without mushrooms though because I am not a fan of eating fungus (????????) I actually (sort of) have a photo of it I can show you:

I say "sort" of because that is not my food. I got this on Google. Sorry if you are one of the people who's photos I am mercilessly stealing. Anyway, there were LARGE shavings of parmesano reggiano on top of mine which made it all the more perfect. SO GOOD. The Alfredo sauce wasn't as flavorful as it could be though, but I never really expect much when I order pasta at a non-Italian restaurant, so I wasn't really surprised and it didn't bother me.

Anyway... the experience wasn't as good our second round at T-Rex, but it was never going to be. I was super depressed about leaving. Really, I think I sighed a total of 100 times.

My mom doesn't really get why this happens to me. Even though she loves Disney, it can't compare to my overwhelming Disney obsession, so she doesn't become depressed about leaving. She's a normal non-obsessed person that can just go, enjoy it, and then go home without falling into an endless pit of sorrow. I mean, it's not like she wants to leave or anything (let's not get crazy) but you know, she accepts that vacations end. I don't. I just become delusional and try to figure out a way to get back to Disney in like... a week.

I posted on Twitter:
I honestly think I'd be okay with leaving if I could stay like just another 3 weeks.

I remember saying this to my mom and I think I got a pretty big eye roll. LOL. She's always reminding me that I get to go to Disney so often compared to so many people who have never even been there, and that I am so lucky. And I know that, and I appreciate that. But... you have to be a true Disney devotee like myself to understand. There will never be enough time in Disney, and when you have to leave, it's just painful! So yeah... womp womp.

I remember at one point, we started talking about real life things back home and about our coming week and work and blah blah and I was like NOPE. NOPE. Still in Disney. When you're in a restaurant called "T-Rex", you can't discuss your work schedule. You just can't.

After leaving T-Rex in a depressive fog, a little angel in the form of a human boy appeared and cheered me up sooo much. This was one of the cutest little boys I had ever seen. He was one of those kids who is only like four, but somehow seems like an adult... just a mini adult.

He was sitting next to me on the bus back to Pop Century and was staring at me for a while, very intently. I smiled at him and he smiled back and said hi. He then rested his head on my arm, like we had known each other for more than two minutes or something.

IT WAS THE SWEETEST THING EVER, IT NEARLY MADE ME CRY. His mother immediately apologized for him resting on me and I told her I didn't mind. She apologized again and told him to move but I repeated that it was fine and he didn't move anyway. LOL.

He had a really Christmassy red and green shirt on, and a whole lanyard full of pins, so I told him how much I loved them. He seemed very proud and pointed out a new Simba one he had just traded a Cast Member for. He had traded an Incredibles pin that he really liked, but not more than The Lion King, which was his favorite, so he was happy with the trade. SO PRECIOUS.

He was so thoughtful and well spoken, I swear he couldn't have been more than six but he was like a little grown up! My heart was melting! And it was so cute how he was comfortable enough to rest on me. Maybe he was my son in another life. LOL. My heart broke a little bit when I had to say goodbye to him, I seriously wanted to adopt this kid.

Once back at Pop, I suddenly got a burst of energy and so I decided to shower, pack and get everything together. This way, I didn't have to worry about doing it the next day and could spend more time enjoying the last moments of Disney (or at least trying to!).

I was pretty sad while scouring the room and packing everything away. At the time, I thought I probably wouldn't be able to go to Disney in 2012, so I was extra upset since I figured I wouldn't be back for over a year.

HAH! I ended up having a smaller gap between trips than ever before, returning 10 months later and then being STUCK IN DISNEY!!! Isn't life funny?

Up Next: How many parks can I pack into my last Disney hours? You shall soon find out!
Old 12-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #870
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up on this one and I had a million things I wanted to say, but then I kept reading instead of writing them all down so I've forgotten everything and I'm just gonna say excellent stuff, Lia! Also you had a line about bears singing about their regrets and it made me laugh really hard. Oh, CBJ...

Also, this
Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
It was a perfect moment. You know... just one of those "We're in Disney, and I feel at peace, and my feet are in the sand, and I'm staring at the Boardwalk, and fireworks are going off, and I'm about to eat more awesome food, and I never want to leave, and this is the best place in the world, and this is where I belong, and I love everything" kind of moments.
is perfect. I live for those moments. People always wonder why I go to Disney so often/obsess over it/whine about how I'm not there all the time, but I go back for those moments. Which is impossible to explain unless you've had one so they just look at me like I'm nuts. But like so much of my life makes absolutely no sense at all, so going back somewhere where my mind's clear and everything does make sense is a necessity. At this point, it's more than just a fun vacation, it's kinda like therapy. Which is probably indicative of an even bigger problem, but whatever. This is how I deal with things. Don't judge me, world.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: