Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #1831
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Oh, your cousin needs lots of help and lots she will get from a seasoned WDW traveler like you - she's lucky to have you around to avoid all those pitfalls of not planning out your first trip.

I'm afraid I might scare her with my plethora of useless Disney info!!!

On a good note - I got picked to do the Fast Pass Plus trial while down there. Unfortunately my cousin & her family aren't staying onsite, so they're not eligible for the trial program, but I managed to get FP for TSM, TOT & GMR in DHS, and Jungle Cruise, Space Mtn, HM & preferred viewing for Wishes at MK! Can't wait to see how it works out!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 11-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #1832
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

Quote:
On a good note - I got picked to do the Fast Pass Plus trial while down there. Unfortunately my cousin & her family aren't staying onsite, so they're not eligible for the trial program, but I managed to get FP for TSM, TOT & GMR in DHS, and Jungle Cruise, Space Mtn, HM & preferred viewing for Wishes at MK! Can't wait to see how it works out!
Ugh, so jealous! We arrive Dec 8, so we are missing this trial by two measly days. Wishes preferred viewing is the ONE thing I really wanted, too. My older son is on the autism spectrum. Last year, he did amazing and we didn't need to use the GAC we got once. The only thing I am really concerned about, though, is Wishes. I am dying to see the fireworks in the park, but I worry that the crowds are going to freak him out.

Enjoy! Come back and tell us what you thought of FP+!
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #1833
WellingtonR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424

We brought ours at Goodings

Sadly we are leaving in the morning its been a GREAT Thanksgiving vacation here at WL! LOVED LOVED the Old Faithful Club we are already planning next years trip!!
We are also leaving in the morning although my DD, 3, has said she doesn't like disney.....she's missed Quigley, our cat!!! Lol we have loved WL!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #1834
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Yeah, FP might be a better option for TT!

I did FLE last month when we were there, they had a dress rehearsal twice while we were in MK, it's awesome! The theming is just simply amazing. Ate as Gaston's Tavern, rode Under the Sea & Enchanted Tales with Belle. I've been looking every day for an opening at BOG but it's booked solid. I'm thinking I might just avoid that area in 2 weeks, it's going to be a madhouse with the official opening on the 6th. This is a super short 3-nt trip tp surprise my cousin, who will be there with her daughter & the school band. My cousin didn't know there were other parks besides MK - so I felt I HAD to go down & help her navigate LOL!! Family duty, right?!?!?!?
I am always surprised by how many people still think that the MK is all there is to Disney World! I tend to overwhelm them with a long recitation of just how much there is to do there.
Please don't miss the pre-show of TT. I read that it really sets up the ride and that it has completely changed. The ride is pretty much the same, but the effects and post-show have changed. I am planning to ride it on the last day of our summer trip (with my back cushion strapped on!) just in case it makes my back issues worse. The only part I am worried about is the brake testing. Hope you get to experience the entire attraction. And I can't wait to hear about the new FP system. Very excited for you!

KOOK - thanks for posting the allears slide show. It has inspired me to look through my photos from our December 2009 trip and post a few. 'Tis the season!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #1835
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

A few seasonal photos from 2009

'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #1836
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I believe you don't have to fold up the stroller on the MK (Red Flag) boat (it's the yellow colored boat), but you do on the blue flag boat. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
It all depends on which boat they use...for example the blue flag boat is usually the smaller boat (you have to fold the stroller). But the same boats are also used for the Red flag route. Busier times of day, like early morning, and MK closing, they use the bigger boats (which you can roll right on). I guess how many depend on volume, we did see more of the larger boats on our last trip.

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #1837
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

One more

This was the view I mentioned that we discovered on our check out day when the bellman turned right from our room instead of left. Stopped to take a quick picture and learned a valuable lesson-next trip, do more exploring! I love the WL!!!

Old 12-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #1838
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

CLub Level Dietary Accomodations?

Will the cast members assist in club level food items for gluten free guests?
How would I go about making the request?
Thank you.
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

Old 12-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #1839
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Ahhhh!! I leave for a long weekend at WL this Friday and forgot to all to request a specific area for my room. We booked a courtyard view room. We would love to be able to see the water parade from our room and be not too far from the lobby. Which area do you think I should request? Is it too late since we will be there so soon?

I am so not prepared for this trip - we took a spontaneous (like we had 3 hours to pack!) trip to Key West last weekend and I haven't even finished unpacking from that! My kids still don't know we are going to Disney though so I think they will be SO excited.

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 12-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #1840
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

We're here!

It's wonderful--everything is decorated and festive, just the way I like

We went to the Campfire sing-a-long tonight. It was cute, but I think once was enough--more travel time than event time on that one.

My kids swam--too cold for me!

Tomorrow night is MVMCP !!!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #1841
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKT View Post
Ugh, so jealous! We arrive Dec 8, so we are missing this trial by two measly days. Wishes preferred viewing is the ONE thing I really wanted, too. My older son is on the autism spectrum. Last year, he did amazing and we didn't need to use the GAC we got once. The only thing I am really concerned about, though, is Wishes. I am dying to see the fireworks in the park, but I worry that the crowds are going to freak him out.

Enjoy! Come back and tell us what you thought of FP+!
Oh darn that you didn't get into the FP+ trial!!! If you're not concerned about seeing Wishes from in front of the castle, I found an amazing spot to watch them from, off the beaten path. Go to the little grandstand at Tommorowland Speedway...where you ca sit & watch people ride, at the exit of the ride. The fireworks are set off behind there (but look like they're coming from the castle if you're in front of it) - it was amazing to watch them from there! It might be a quieter spot for your son, but you may be disappointed in the anlge of the fireworks, if you really love to watch them head on in front of the castle.

bluecastle -AMAZING pics - thanks for sharing!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #1842
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tip, Tara!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #1843
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Maintenance planned for Disney reservation systems

By Leah Zanolla
Nov 28, 2012

Disney's reservation system will go down for maintenance December 3 at 5:00pm until sometime Tuesday afternoon, December 4. This is for Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Aulani. If you need to make a payment, you should do so before these dates to ensure you will not be late. You will also not be able to make reservations for dining, dinner shows, tours, recreation and children's activity centers as well as Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney. You will also be unable to access Disney's online check-in service.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #1844
Mom loves Disney
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know when Santa will be at the Lodge this year? We have decided last minute to go with my family and the little ones would love to see him. We will be there Dec. 18-21.
Wilderness Lodge Dec. 2007 Boardwalk March 2014
All Star Music June 2008
Wilderness Lodge Dec. 2008
CSR Dec. 2009
CSR Dec. 2011
Pop Century April 2012
Old 12-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #1845
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonR

We are also leaving in the morning although my DD, 3, has said she doesn't like disney.....she's missed Quigley, our cat!!! Lol we have loved WL!!!
Lol! You were waiting out front of the lodge Saturday morning around 9 telling a CM this story while we were waiting for our (un)Magical Express return. Wish I had known you were a Dis-er and I would have introduced myself. Small world!!

We had an amazing stay at WL, our first (and forever?) deluxe. Thanks to Kook and all for the advice. Got Woods Wishes view room request with open deck railings, Room 5032. Right at the top of the elevator - so convenient to Roaring Forks, the laundry, the boat dock. We got to be flag family on our departing morning ( with a peak at Club Level...so tempting!). What a great way to end our trip. Did the Hidden Mickey hunt and got free pins for it! Enjoyed WCC immensely. The boat transportation option was wonderful, especially to have meals on the resort loop.

Our only complaints were the bed was positioned to block all outlets by the bed (tough to have the clock across the room), Duffy the Bear channel didn't work for goodnight stories (front desk said it was resort wide), and worst of all my own fault that I didn't check for the new bounce back offer that supposedly was available the day we checked out for 35% off deluxe. We were so busy doing flag family and airline check in that the thought didn't cross my mind that the offer could be different than it was when we checked in. Totally bummed there.

Otherwise, it was 9 days of Disney heaven at WL. I'd say we wouldn't hesitate to go back...if I had nabbed that bounce back offer! Actually, I think we will consider renting points next trip because the dining plan is just too much food for us and we enjoy quite a bit of resort down time over the course of 9 days. The VWL look very relaxing!

Again, thanks for all the info that made such a memorable WL trip.

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: