Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

at Harrods now!

We've just sat down in the Disney cafe in Harrods for lunch it looks lovely a real good Disney fix!
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
We've just sat down in the Disney cafe in Harrods for lunch it looks lovely a real good Disney fix!

I pop into London quite frequently and had absolutely no idea that there was a Disney Cafe in Harrods. Just googled it and think the menu looks good.
Hope you had a great lunch. Was going to pop into the V&A museum in January (down the road from Harrods) so think I'd better go and have lunch in Harrods as it would be rude not too..

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

The food was lovely. It was really busy I asked the waitress if they'll keep e cafe there after Christmas and she said they are goin to see how busy it is once the grotto closes. The kids got free ears after the meal, Minnie ears for the girls and sorcerer Mickey for the boys. If you get a chance do go xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

Old 12-01-2012, 04:38 AM   #4
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The food was lovely. It was really busy I asked the waitress if they'll keep e cafe there after Christmas and she said they are goin to see how busy it is once the grotto closes. The kids got free ears after the meal, Minnie ears for the girls and sorcerer Mickey for the boys. If you get a chance do go xx

oh no....didn't realise it was a just a Christmas thing I hope they do keep it as I really want to go now and was definately avoiding going into London this side of Christmas.

Glad a good time was had by all.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
sharon78
DIS Veteran

Sounds and looks really lovely, it would be great if they did keep it there after christmas, it would be a lovely bit of Disney magic for my DD's 18th b'day in february

DLP~1993 DLP~2002 WDW~2004 WDW~2007 DLP~2009 DLP~2009 DLC~2010
sharon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

It really was disney magic. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table so if it stays busy hopefully they'll keep it there. It wasn't very well 'signposted' so I just hope that people will still be able to find it once the grotto closes. It would be great if disney realised what a great market there is for disney cafes in UK, hope you get to go xx

Old 12-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It really was disney magic. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table so if it stays busy hopefully they'll keep it there. It wasn't very well 'signposted' so I just hope that people will still be able to find it once the grotto closes. It would be great if disney realised what a great market there is for disney cafes in UK, hope you get to go xx
At a Euro Disney SCA shareholders meeting a few years ago it was mentioned that they were looking into expanding into Europe with Disney Stores with themed resturants next door which would feature Disney Character dining experiances. A kind of mini Disney Village / Downtown Disney shopping, experiance. Then the financial crisis hit and the plans were shelved.

I visted the Harrods store a few weeks ago, for a pop-up store it is very well themed. The cafe was not open then but I'm in London again next week so might be poping in again to visit the cafe.
Jonjo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

I really have to go and see it! Hopefully Sunday will be a bit quieter than Saturday. Saturdays at Harrods are

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: