Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #721
Neelloc
I'm still 716, I'm still Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsbgoofy
I asked a few months ago and was told that all the rooms at Pop now have sound machine alarm clocks. Is this not true?
I'm here now and they are regular am/fm alarm clocks. No sound machine. It does have an mp3 plug though.

Wife & Mommy
to 2 little girls and a baby boy

==========
3/95 AS-Sports 3/01 offsite 9/04 POFQ 4th Anniversary,
9/06 POFQ, 3/07: One Magical Day at MK! 9/07 POP Century 7th Anniversary
9/11 POFQ Parents and the Princesses Trip!
11/12 POP Century Celebrating my 40th birthday at WDW!!!

Neelloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #722
Neelloc

We arrived yesterday and am happy to report we got assigned to a king room in the 80's section! We are happy to be at Pop!!!

Wife & Mommy

==========

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #723
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

Quote:
I'm here now and they are regular am/fm alarm clocks. No sound machine. It does have an mp3 plug though
That is so odd because I know that someone replied that there were new sound machine alarm clocks. Oh well, thank you very much for the information - now I know to pack mine!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #724
aagee
Mouseketeer

Checked in last night. The pop Warner overflow is here. I thought they didn't use pop? Oh well,
HOpefully it won't be too bad.
aagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #725
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
I asked a few months ago and was told that all the rooms at Pop now have sound machine alarm clocks. Is this not true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

My recollection from our April and August trips is that the alarm clock is a basic AM-FM radio. When we stayed at BWV, the clocks were also Ipod docking stations; not so at Pop.

Maybe someone who is there now can confirm. Phoenix?
Nope, just regular clock radio still.

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #726
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

Just got an email from my friend who was at Pop this spring and had a sound machine on her clock radio at Pop which she used. Either someone left their personal clock there, or some rooms at Pop have sound machines. Since I'm meeting her at WDW in a week, I told her to bring her sound machine just in case.

She did text me on that trip and tell me Pop now had fridges and sound machines (and that she used both), so I know she wasn't imagining it. Very strange...
Old 11-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #727
neverlandfamily
Earning My Ears

first post

I have been a longtime DIS board lurker but this is my first post. I have learned so much from the boards and the info was SO useful in planning our August 2012 trip. We booked a bounceback trip for August 2013 - free dining and already started planning. I have so many questions about room location and ticket options. I can't wait for fellow POP fans to help us plan our trip!

Next trip: Pop August 2014
POP 8/13, POP 8/12, POP 8/11, ASM 9/10
neverlandfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #728
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aagee
Checked in last night. The pop Warner overflow is here. I thought they didn't use pop? Oh well,
That is definitely not the norm...
At least for the kids to stay there. Sometimes parents that are coming along to watch will stay there but without their kids.
Yes, Hopefully it will not be bad! Good Luck!!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #729
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aagee
They were there! haha I saw them too. We only spent 1 night at POP and moved to our next hotel but the beginning has arrived!

Places checked off the hotel list : Poly, Poly CL, SSR, BC, DI, AKL, OKW, GF, WL, CBR, POR, POP
Karabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #730
mejo
Mouseketeer

How long are they there, we check in next friday?

mejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #731
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'm here! My room was ready, so I am unpacked too. Got all of my requests met (Lakeview, 4th floor and 50/60s building.) I'm in building 5, the Jungle book building
We love the lakeview, 4th floor rooms ... and love the 60s too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeleyd View Post
Hello- my "10 day out" date for online check in if I choose to is coming right up. I made my preferences known when I made my reservations through my TA, which have been noted on my reservation. My question is, if I take advantage of online check in, will those requests remain known or will no one ever see them? Our reservations include 3 linked ressies. Two rooms requested as connected with the third as adjoining. We will be arriving at approx. 10 am. I didn't want our original requests to be ignored in favor of being assigned room(s) that may be available at our check-in just because they are available. I've read some other posts stating that some resorts top priority is to fill the 1st available rooms and possibly not honor your original requests. I'm willing to wait until arrival if it will prevent a problem. I'm assuming that maybe 10am on a Monday morning might not be quite as hectic for regular check-in and more of a chance of getting our requests. Anyone have thoughts on this?
First, your room requests will not be overlooked because you use the on-line system, it should mesh the TA requests with your on-line preferences.

With the fact that you have requested connecting and adjoining rooms, suggest you should consider by-passing the on-line system in favor of the traditional check in at the resort. Are your parties arriving and checking in together? I believe this would be the best scenario for you all. You can discuss your rooms with the Cast member if your requests are not met, and they will do their best to accomodate you (CMs can also handle this thru the on-line check in line, however, Disney usually prefers this line to be for guests with fewer or no requests. )

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #732
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverlandfamily View Post
I have been a longtime DIS board lurker but this is my first post. I have learned so much from the boards and the info was SO useful in planning our August 2012 trip. We booked a bounceback trip for August 2013 - free dining and already started planning. I have so many questions about room location and ticket options. I can't wait for fellow POP fans to help us plan our trip!
to the DIS and the POP Century thread!! Many, many great POPers here, who are very knowlegeable about POP and Disney in general... so when you are ready, we'll be here to help!

BTW, we were there in August as well and booked the BB ... but not sure if we can take advantage of it.. yet).

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #733
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="Janet B"]

Originally Posted by neeleyd
Hello- my "10 day out" date for online check in if I choose to is coming right up. I made my preferences known when I made my reservations through my TA, which have been noted on my reservation. My question is, if I take advantage of online check in, will those requests remain known or will no one ever see them? Our reservations include 3 linked ressies. Two rooms requested as connected with the third as adjoining. We will be arriving at approx. 10 am. I didn't want our original requests to be ignored in favor of being assigned room(s) that may be available at our check-in just because they are available. I've read some other posts stating that some resorts top priority is to fill the 1st available rooms and possibly not honor your original requests. I'm willing to wait until arrival if it will prevent a problem. I'm assuming that maybe 10am on a Monday morning might not be quite as hectic for regular check-in and more of a chance of getting our requests. Anyone have thoughts on this?

First, your room requests will not be overlooked because you use the on-line system, it should mesh the TA requests with your on-line preferences.

With the fact that you have requested connecting and adjoining rooms, suggest you should consider by-passing the on-line system in favor of the traditional check in at the resort. Are your parties arriving and checking in together? I believe this would be the best scenario for you all. You can discuss your rooms with the Cast member if your requests are not met, and they will do their best to accomodate you (CMs can also handle this thru the on-line check in line, however, Disney usually prefers this line to be for guests with fewer or no requests. )

Thanks Janet B. One of the three reservations will be arriving a little later, so I will take your advice and do a traditional check in. I sort of thought that might be best, but its always nice to get others with more experience to give their recommendations. Thanks again. PS: This will be our first visit to Pop, first time during Christmas season and our 3 yo grandson and DIL's first ever Disney visit.
neeleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #734
Neelloc

Quote:
Just got an email from my friend who was at Pop this spring and had a sound machine on her clock radio at Pop which she used. Either someone left their personal clock there, or some rooms at Pop have sound machines. Since I'm meeting her at WDW in a week, I told her to bring her sound machine just in case.

She did text me on that trip and tell me Pop now had fridges and sound machines (and that she used both), so I know she wasn't imagining it. Very strange...
Okay. You are not nuts . I just checked the clock again and looked at the other side. On the right side of the clock are the volume controls, tuner, and mp3 plug. On the left side is the alarm setting and WHITE NOISE MACHINE function. You can listen to wind chime, ocean, and brook. I turned it on and the sound of the ocean is drowning out the sounds of the screaming kids in the pool

I'll take some pictures and post them when we return from our trip. I can't figure our how to post pics from the app.

Wife & Mommy

==========

Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #735
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

In 33 days, we will be at Pop for the first time and for our first on-site visit! So excited for this infamous tie-dye cheesecake!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: