Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #31
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Animal Kingdom is an amazing park that is really under-rated (a topic I plan to write about soon). Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here.
I completely agree. I've said this for a long time. I think too many people expect another Magic Kingdom. They need to look at it for what it is. An AMAZING display of imagineering talent. The park itself is themed, at least IMHO, better than any park out there. You truly feel as though you are no longer in Florida. The attention to detail is simply astounding.

I could spend days just taking in the scenery, and of course, enjoying the attractions, food, shows and well, everything. Our family is probably in the minority, but it is our favorite park, followed by MK, then Epcot and then MGM.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

rotlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #32
Tarheel girl 1975
Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

I'm glad to see Animal Kingdom getting some love. DH and I think that it is probably the best themed park at WDW. There are so many amazing details to see.
Previous Trips: 1990 Disneyland Hotel, 1991 Magic Music Days, 1996 Magic Music Days, Oct 2008 POP, May 2009 Poly, Sept. 2009 BWI, January 2011 CBR, Sept/Oct 2012 POR, Sept/Oct 2013 Beach Club Upcoming Trips: Sept/Oct 2014 POFQ and YC
Tarheel girl 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #33
kcb1dizbksfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge Jr View Post

This is the original photo. Like I said right place right time. I was in the first seat of the coaster and just happen to have the camera out to take pics from the front and this was one.
That really is an amazing photo.

DR NYKCB (Ken)
kcb1dizbksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #34
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
I completely agree. I've said this for a long time. I think too many people expect another Magic Kingdom. They need to look at it for what it is. An AMAZING display of imagineering talent. The park itself is themed, at least IMHO, better than any park out there. You truly feel as though you are no longer in Florida. The attention to detail is simply astounding.

I could spend days just taking in the scenery, and of course, enjoying the attractions, food, shows and well, everything. Our family is probably in the minority, but it is our favorite park, followed by MK, then Epcot and then MGM.
I agree, Dh and I love AK. It is my favorite park, followed by Epcot then Hollywood Studio's, then Magic Kingdom.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #35
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

Tha last time we were at AK we were in the vet center in Rafiki's Planet Watch and the vets were giving a huge tiger a root canal. It was SO cool. You just never know what surprises can happen at AK

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
[/FONT]
8lovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: