Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #31
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears

Port Adventures

Hey everyone! I am getting so excited!!! We just reserved our port adventure - we are going to do the dolphin experience at Chankanaab Park. Anyone else here signed up for that or been to Chankanaab before?

We have never done anything with dolphins before so we decided this one might be good - we will not be doing an actual swim or push but if we enjoy this then maybe next time we can try the swim thing next time. I have heard that Chankanaab is a good place to spend the day. I am just worried - will it be warm enough for us to be in the water all day in February?

83 more days and counting

Jana
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
bcdavi
Earning My Ears

We are also considering the dolphin excursion and park as well. We are booking directly with the park and taking a taxi over. My thoughts are that if it is very chilly, it won't matter too much because the time in water with the dolphins isn't terribly long. From the website it appears to have many things to do and see besides just the typical swimming and beach laying about.

For the FE exchange it looks like I should have posted our names:

Brenda (Disney fanatic!) (43)
Tim (husband) (40)

Kelly (DS) (36)
Jeramie (BIL) (37)

Can't wait to meet everyone!!

Brenda ºOº
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #33
rhollis
disneymom

Going on Feb, Cruise

Hello, my husband, two children and I will be taking our first Disney Cruise. We would like to participate in the Fish Extender exchange. We are in adjoing stateroom with our bestfriend and her son. They would also like to participate. What do I need to do to formally join the group and start planning the fun??
Robin

Robin-mom
Bobby-dad
Bailey-son 9
Jazz-daughter 5

Adjoining stateroom mates-
Rachel-Mom
Rhett-son 8
rhollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #34
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhollis View Post
Hello, my husband, two children and I will be taking our first Disney Cruise. We would like to participate in the Fish Extender exchange. We are in adjoing stateroom with our bestfriend and her son. They would also like to participate. What do I need to do to formally join the group and start planning the fun??
Robin

Robin-mom
Bobby-dad
Bailey-son 9
Jazz-daughter 5

Adjoining stateroom mates-
Rachel-Mom
Rhett-son 8

So glad you are joining us for the cruise and the FE. Start your planning and if you have any question on it let me know, there is a lot of good stuff on the Dis. As soon as you know your stateroom you can let me know. We will probably use Jan 1 as a cutoff date to join the FE list. If anyone wants to join after that it will be up to the group or individuals if they can or want to add anymore to their list.

I am keeping a spreadsheet that is similar to the rollcall and as everyone gives me their staterooms I will add them to the list and close to the cutoff date, I will send a copy to everyone. You can PM me your room if you don't want to post it. At this time, and to the best of my memory everyone on the roll call has asked to be on the FE list so that will give everyone a general idea.

My kids are all excited and really counting down the days. Hope everyone is getting their turkey ready for Thursday. Have a good weekend!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #35
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Hey Guys - just wanted to wish everyone a really great Thanksgiving! Hope your turkey is really awesome - and just think.... only 71 more days until the magic begins!!

Jana
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #36
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears

Kids Sail Free

Hey Guys - just got an email from my travel agent - a Kids Sail Free promotion was just released for our cruise. I was already booked and she was able to redo everything and adjust our reservation - and she is now crediting my account $350. YEAH!!!!

If you booked with a travel agent - ask them about it - if you didn't and would like to visit with my travel agent - maybe she can help you out - I would be happy to get you her contact information.

Only 63 more days!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #37
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Hello! I just booked this cruise with the KFO promotion. We was originally booked on the March 15 cruise out of Galveston. However, when I saw this deal, I couldn't pass it up. We live in Houston so this will be perfect. Will have to take the kids out of school for 3 days (that's the only drawback). Love to hear from you guys!
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #38
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerra11 View Post
Hello! I just booked this cruise with the KFO promotion. We was originally booked on the March 15 cruise out of Galveston. However, when I saw this deal, I couldn't pass it up. We live in Houston so this will be perfect. Will have to take the kids out of school for 3 days (that's the only drawback). Love to hear from you guys!
Welcome!! Glad you are joining us.

Do you know if you want to join the FE list? It is still open for at least another month.

We are really getting close!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. Now on to Christmas and then to Cozumel!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #39
deltapilotwife
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the update on KSF. I just e-mailed my TA so hopefully she can do something. every little bit helps!

deltapilotwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #40
calebmama
Earning My Ears

We would like to participate!

We will also be sailing on the Magic Feb. 1 thru 5. I have never participated in an FE exchange before, but would love to do so! I have two kiddos, so can they both participate? If so, I would like two spots in the exchange.

I tried to submit the link for our cruise, but I cannot get it to send the message with the link.

Heather
calebmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #41
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebmama View Post
We will also be sailing on the Magic Feb. 1 thru 5. I have never participated in an FE exchange before, but would love to do so! I have two kiddos, so can they both participate? If so, I would like two spots in the exchange.

I tried to submit the link for our cruise, but I cannot get it to send the message with the link.

Heather
We are so glad you are joining us. For the FE you basically join as a cabin. So you and the kids would be one group. Usually cabins that have kids get a little extra just for the kids, but if you read back to my post #12, it tells a little about it. There are a lot of threads on the DISboards that tell about the FE itself how some do it, things that are made and received. Sometimes more information than one can process. Since you just joined the DIS, you need to talk to us for at least 10 posts for you to be able to do some of the extras, like PM and posting pics and such.

Looking forward to getting to know you and feel free to ask us any questions.

Hope the rest of the group is also getting excited with the date fast approaching.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #42
SnarkyHouston
Earning My Ears

First time on a DCL!!!

My family will be going on our first DCL Feb 1st!! We are new to all of this but the FE looks like lots of fun and we would like to join.

Stateroom 6560
DW-Heather
DH-Jon
DD-Sabrina 8
DD-Mady 3

My parents and sister will also be on the same cruise
Stateroom 7128
DH-Dick
DW-Kathy
my sister - Kristin - she is an Adult Single!!

The cruise is a Christmas present from my parents - my daughters will find out on Christmas! I can't wait to see their reaction.
SnarkyHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #43
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

If anyone's interested....I have a boy's pirate outfit that my son outgrew. He only wore it once on the Disney Dream. I would be happy to bring it on the ship if anyone wants it. (size 7) The entire outfit with accessories!

jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #44
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarkyHouston View Post
My family will be going on our first DCL Feb 1st!! We are new to all of this but the FE looks like lots of fun and we would like to join.

Stateroom 6560
DW-Heather
DH-Jon
DD-Sabrina 8
DD-Mady 3

My parents and sister will also be on the same cruise
Stateroom 7128
DH-Dick
DW-Kathy
my sister - Kristin - she is an Adult Single!!

The cruise is a Christmas present from my parents - my daughters will find out on Christmas! I can't wait to see their reaction.
So glad y'all will be joining us for the cruise and the FE. I have done the FE on each of my three cruises and it is so much fun. If you have any questions please ask away. There are many threads on the DIS about the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerra11 View Post
If anyone's interested....I have a boy's pirate outfit that my son outgrew. He only wore it once on the Disney Dream. I would be happy to bring it on the ship if anyone wants it. (size 7) The entire outfit with accessories!

Good looking boy. Makes me wish my boy's were still that small. (Kinda!!)

Old 12-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #45
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Disney Wonder

We are getting on the Disney Wonder tomorrow. We leave from LA and go through the Panama Canal to Miami. So excited. I am hoping to book this cruise when I get on board. We will be bring my two granddaughters age 6 and 4. So excited. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: