Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #31
Tiggerish
DIS Veteran

If you think you are going to get many photo pass pictures, you can save a bit by buying a photo pass cd in advance. It is slightly less expensive but they will charge your credit card immediately. If you pre buy the cd and afterwards do not have enough pictures to justify the costs, they will refund your money.

Here is a link to the pre buy information http://www.disneyphotopass.com/speci...rs/default.htm
Tiggerish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #32
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakitty View Post
Buy or make autograph books at home. Big expense at the park because they will want their own and only will get a few signatures in each. They will be stuck in a drawer a few weeks after the trip.
Lol not always true. My son still has his and has used it on multiple trips. He's going on a band trip for Spring Break ( Marching right before the Electrical Parade) and is planning on bringing it along ( he's a senior in high school).
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #33
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

A good souvenir - Disney coloring books are only $5. Good for the plane ride home. Bring your own crayons.

Also you can make a "car/plane" pacjage for each girl. I just bought Disney coloring books at the Dollar Tree near me, plus crayons and markers. these are a fun and very inexpensive way to entertain them on a long plane or car ride.

Make sure to explain and understand the security process at the air port. They will end up patting down your daughter and you can be with her but not touch her during this. I cant post links but there is a lot of info on the TSA website.

They don't advertise it but a oerson with a disability can have a "helper" come through security with you. You may be able to have someone help you get to your gate.

Definitely bring the wheelchair with you - it may be more difficult to get past TSA with her in a stroller if she cannot get out. Also the airline will almost certainly let you preboard.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
KPeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #34
bopper
Which way to the Hundred Acre Woods?
I have been in VMK since day 1 and am still playing!

Also remember that YOU know all the awesome stuff that you COULD do at Disneyworld...but your kids probably don't. They will be happy with just about whatever you do. So if you are there for two days, like others said, do two days at Magic Kingdom. That is what your kids will think Disney is, anyway. They won't think "Geez my parents didn't even take us to Epcot". If you try to pack too much in, everyone will get overwhelmed. But if you take it easy and enjoy yourself, your kids will be elated.

Also, like others mentioned, tailor it to what your kids like. So if one kid likes Star Wars alot, it might be worth it to go to Hollywood Studios.

Also have a plan if one kid needs to rest. Which parent will take the child to first aid/hotel and which one will continue on.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #35
Hej2222
Mouseketeer

I wanted to add couple of my suggestions as I have an 8-year-old daughter with multiple medical issues (chronic respiratory illness, G-tube, mild developmental delays), and we have gone to Disney with her 7 times, first time when she was 3 years old and still had open tracheostomy and was on continuously on oxygen. She is off oxygen now most of the time but we still always travel with oxygen tanks and portable oxygen concentrator for her. We would always drive, but this year we decided to try flying for the first time. We did need to put her on oxygen once cabin pressure dropped - you may want to have that in mind if your daughter has respiratory issues. Also, if you need to do any respiratory treatment or feeding while on the plane you may not have access to electrical outlet, so you would need battery operated portable equipment to travel. It is good your family is driving because they will be able to take all the equipment you will need in Florida with them, and you don't have to worry about getting it all on the plane. In Orlando most of the times we stayed either in a vacation home or condo because of the space we needed with all our stuff and the need for a full kitchen. We did feel quite cramped up in a studio room on property one time, and a hotel room was out of the question for us. I also get a lot of Hilton points so in the past I looked up several Hilton hotels in the area (including Hilton Lake Buena Vista), and I think the best deal for points and the best accommodations space-wise would be Homewood Suites at Lake Buena Vista. You can get one bedroom suite for 6 with full kitchen, full breakfast and light dinner for less points than Hilton LBV. You don't get "on property benefits" - for us it was never an issue as we could not use EMH (too early or too late for DD), and we always had our car. In the park we always took it easy with DD; we would get GAC the first day and FP for Mickey/Princesses. Then we would do couple rides that she wanted to do and take rests while watching few shows or at the First Aid. We always tried to watch 3 PM parade from the special viewing area for wheelchairs - it is slightly less crowded there, but you have to get in there about 30 min before the parade. We would usually head out shortly after the parade to rest, swim and have dinner in our condo. Only last year we started going back to see fireworks; DD would get too tired before to go back to the parks. We did Wishes Desert Party this year, and I think this is the most relaxing way to see fireworks and EP.
You will have a good time as long as you try not to pack too many things in your day, take frequent rests, use GAC and FP, and enjoy the Magic!

November 2014-ASMuR/AoA; June 2014-OKW/GF Villas and cruise on Disney Dream; Nov 2013-AoA/off site; July 2013-off site (GKTW) and cruise on Disney Dream; November 2012-off site; Aug 2012-Disney Magic NYC; July 2012-AoA; Nov 2011-BLT; June 2011, April 2010, Jan 2009, March 2008-off site; Oct 1996-Disneyland Honeymoon; Sept 1994-off site (adult only)
Hej2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #36
terratalking
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababear_50 View Post
Hi Hon
Mel here from the DIS Disign forum
If you do make any dining reservations please let me know and I will make the girls an invitation. In my signature is a link to my photobucket,
Have a look around and let me know if there is anything I can make for you.
parents often ask for 'coupons" which the kids use to get treats,balloons, souvenirs etc,,the parent still does have to pay the cashier but it just a
fun way of sprinkling a bit of magic on the holiday.

Here is an example of small "guess who's going" tickets

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Have fun planning and
Hugs Mel
(sorry i had to remove all the links because i don't have enough posts yet???)

Mel - these are insanely AWESOME!!! Can you send me a message to let me know if I need to actually purchase these somewhere? They are perfect! I love them!

To everyone else - Thank You SO MUCH for all the great info! I had a busy last couple of weeks but have never NOT had WDW on my mind! Still so ridiculously excited as we are getting closer! I need to sit and make some more plans based on all of this great info! This board is the bestest!!!

To read more about Kendall's story - check out her Facebook Page
Hope for Kendall
Or read more on my blog: Terra Talking

Kendall's MAW trip PTR - "Part of Her World"
terratalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #37
pampam
DIS Veteran

Since you are staying at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista, you will be right across the road from Downtown Disney. There is a lot of good dining in DTD, but since money is tight, I recomend going to restaurants .com for coupons for the hotels in the Lake buena Vista area. Last year at the end of the year, I bought $25 coupons for $2.00. That was $25 off a great meal. We got a coupon for the hotel you are staying at, I think it was called Andiamos, a coupon for the Giraffe restaurant at the Royal Plaza hotel, and a coupon for Kooks at Buena Vista Palace. All 3 hotels with these 3 restaurants were just a few minutes walk from the Hilton. We ate very well, for very little money. If you do this, make sure you check it after Christmas, because thats when the coupons go on sale. You print out the coupon and take it to the restaurant.
pampam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: