Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #676
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
LOVE the photos, Karin - especially your sweatshirt - very cool! Vera Bradley is nice too! The snow people placed with the Castle in back are just too cute!

Weather looks so raw and cold. Some friends lived in Paris for about 15 mos and they said it was usually cloudy and often cold and raw. Although you don't look cold at all (everyone else appears to be bundled up) - must be that wonderful Austrian blood!

I always wondered what, if any, smoking restrictions might be at DLPR. I well remember the days when WDW allowed smoking everywhere...it was not fun in those close lines, especially when adult hands were level with little faces. So happy those days are over!

Counting down to December 2nd!!
I am glad you enjoyed the photos so far .... lots more to come. The snowmen in front of the castle looked really fun and the castle was a cute background.
As for the weather - that's the usual weather for that time of year for the region. And since you mentioned not being bundled up ... you can tell where people come from. It was pretty mild for us, but seemed to be PRETTY cold for others.
Well, they have the same smoking restrictions as they have at WDW, but no one seems to care here. People just smoke in line and whereever and CM can not be bothered. Plus the only people who really can line up are the Brits - everyone else just uses "their elbows".

The calendar opens tomorrow, on Dec 1, Christine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieHowie View Post
I love all the Christmas decorations, especially the snowman characters...sooo cute. Very nice sweatshirt.
It was so nice to see all the decorations up, felt so much like Christmas.
Can you believe that we got that sweatshirt from our stateroom host on the DREAM? Last summer we went to look for him, as we have grown very close to him and he said he had presents for us. Turns out he had gotten both of us an inaugural sweater and some sweets from Thailand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
Love the cute Disney "snowman" couples. You got some great shots of them with the castle in the background. I would have done the same thing you did and skip the rides - I don't mind cigarette smoke as long as I'm not right next to the smoker but it sounds like I wouldn't have been able to avoid it and pushing and shoving - ugh no! I often enjoy just walking around the parks and soaking up the atmosphere.
The character snowmen were new to us. They looked so cute!
We go to DLRP enough to not be bothered by not riding anything. And the AP had already paid for itself with the room discount and you can get a 20% merchandise discount.
I hate cigarette smoke and they smoke about everywhere in the parks. So annoying!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Boo to crowds and smoking in line, jumping line, etc.

But do LOVE those decorations in front of the castle.
Smoking and line jumping are a VERY European thing. They did great work with the decorations!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Last edited by dizneeat; 11-30-2012 at 03:43 PM.
dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #677
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What wonderful holiday pictures! I love Disney Christmas decorations! I think they are the best!!!
Disney is wonderful when it comes to Christmas decorations. We were so happy to see that it was the same with DLRP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Those are great decorations Karin The snowmen are cute!!

Sorry about the smoking..and shoving...
I loved seeing the park all decked out for Christmas. Just right to get you into that Christmas mood.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #678
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Disneyland Paris November 2012

Day 2, November 17

Plans? What plans? - Part 4

We walked all round the hub to take pictures of them before we headed over to the castle. And when we turned around we noticed the garlands over Main Street.

It reminded me a lot of Walt Disney World and added a lot to the atmosphere. Then it was time to head over to the castle.

We walked through the Christmas store that is inside the castle and then over to the little art shop on the other side.
And after browsing through we walked downstairs to the lair to visit the dragon. There were several visitors there and the dragon seemed to be annoyed with some of them as he blew smoke and was wiggling its claws.

Click here to see a video of the dragon!

We watched for a while before we walked out of the lair and over to Fantasyland.

It was packed. Why not try to get on Itís a small world. 25 minute wait, no thank you. Peter Pan? More than an hourís wait. Thanks, but NO thanks. Even the line to meet Mickey was LONG!!

And after checking out the stores we walked over to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Only a 10 minute wait and we got in line.

It was really a 10 minute wait, but they only used two of four lines.

We got on and watched them fight and when we got off they had opened up all four lines and the line had gone and it was no a walk on.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #679
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
The calendar opens tomorrow, on Dec 1, Christine.
Guess I've been Catholic too long! My brain is set to the 1st Sunday of Advent!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #680
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 2, November 17

Plans? What plans? - Part 5

We got on and watched them fight and when we got off they had opened up all four lines and the line had gone and it was no a walk on.
Once we had gotten off we walked towards the Adventure Isle

and over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Even the fastpass line was long and we didnít fancy the 75 minute wait in the standby line. Over to the Haunted Mansion and another 30 minute wait, which we did not want to join. So we walked around a bit and then decided to just leave and do some shopping. So we slowly made our way towards Main Street again

and decided to check out the stores on the other side of it.

It took a while until we had made our way down

and when we left the stores we were caught behind the rope they had put up for ďsome kind ofĒ a parade, which we were not sure about. I was guessing it would just be the Character caravan, but instead they opened up the gates and they had a cute little Christmas Parade.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #681
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Guess I've been Catholic too long! My brain is set to the 1st Sunday of Advent!
That's what I thought, Christine, you wanted to start with the first Sunday of Advent, but I did not want you to miss out on a day's fun!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #682
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 2, November 17

Plans? What plans? - Part 6

I was guessing it would just be the Character caravan, but instead they opened up the gates and they had a cute little Christmas Parade.

We were so stunned as we had never seen anything like it and were happy we had been caught and stopped. It only lasted for about five minutes and then we fought the crowds and walked towards the exit. Since it was nearly midday we decided to stop at Earl of Sandwich for lunch.

Last edited by dizneeat; 12-02-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #683
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

I can't wait for tomorrow for the advent calender to start! What a nice little Christmas parade, so glad you caught it. Is Disneyland Paris similar in size to Disneyland in California? The dragon in the castle basement is really neat!

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #684
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I loved seeing the park all decked out for Christmas. Just right to get you into that Christmas mood.
It really is perfect! When I got back I was definitely bitten by the holiday bug

YAY December 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to open up 2 calendars!!!!!!!!!!!! And that Princess Pasta!! Too cool!
Old 12-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #685
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
I can't wait for tomorrow for the advent calender to start! What a nice little Christmas parade, so glad you caught it. Is Disneyland Paris similar in size to Disneyland in California? The dragon in the castle basement is really neat!
Yeah! It's the first of December, time to open the calendars!
We were so surprised to see that kind of parade and since we were a bit back we vowed to see it again ... and we did.
I tried to find information on how large the park really is, but was unsuccessful so far. Tom and I haven't been to DL in a few years, so I don't want to compare the two parks.
The dragon is super fun! It looks pretty real too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
It really is perfect! When I got back I was definitely bitten by the holiday bug

YAY December 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to open up 2 calendars!!!!!!!!!!!! And that Princess Pasta!! Too cool!
Hope you enjoyed the calendars. I thought about HRH when I saw the princess pasta - would have been perfect for the pas girls.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #686
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

The dragon in the castle is the coolest thing! He does look real & fun. The parade was pretty good looking as was Pere Noel! Loove the luxe look of his sled!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #687
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

The Parade looked really great !! I love the Christmassy Floats !! Yes I have checked out the calendars !!Great job Tom !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #688
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - those are some major crowds and everyone looks cold and bundled up. Oh well. I guess that's live in DLP! I'm glad you got to ride Pirates.

The Christmas Parade looks really cool. I agree - those floats are really neat!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #689
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Great update! I don't know why I'm so shocked that smoking is allowed right in line?! I would not like that at all!!

Loved the first calendar(s) day!
WDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #690
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The dragon in the castle is the coolest thing! He does look real & fun. The parade was pretty good looking as was Pere Noel! Loove the luxe look of his sled!
The dragon is pretty cool. It adds so much to the story to have it there. And since it is pretty dark down there it looks very real.
The parade was really fun and so special to see something different than the afternoon parade they have done for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
The Parade looked really great !! I love the Christmassy Floats !! Yes I have checked out the calendars !!Great job Tom !!!
It was so fun to see this additional little parade! I was VERY happy.
Glad you enjoyed the calendars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - those are some major crowds and everyone looks cold and bundled up. Oh well. I guess that's live in DLP! I'm glad you got to ride Pirates.

The Christmas Parade looks really cool. I agree - those floats are really neat!
We were definitely stunned by the crowds. But that's the good thing about having an AP .... you can always "flee" if the crowds are too much without having to worry about wasting a ticket.

Yip, it was damp, but not really all that cold. We have been to DLRP when we had lots of snow, the real stuff, on Main Street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
Great update! I don't know why I'm so shocked that smoking is allowed right in line?! I would not like that at all!!

Loved the first calendar(s) day!
Well, actually smoking is NOT allowed in the park and/or lines, but people usually just don't care and don't stick to those rules. CM can't be bothered to interfere with smokers, so it just goes on. I am NOT happy about it.

Glad you like the calendars.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: