Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #871
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
I had emailed them my time from my turkeytrot and this is part of the reply I got today:

So it looks like they are busy working on making us happy soon.

I ended up going home from work early today with siatic pain in my right leg. The mantra at this house is "NO injuries" my back and leg had better listen.
I hope so! Hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I know some people prefer the stadium run, but I think I would prefer the downtown Anaheim running vs the industrial areas.
I liked the Tink run better too! I'm a huge baseball fan and love running through the stadium, but Tink was so much better in my opinion. Definitely more residential and the downtown part was neat to see. There's some industrial, but thankfully only a mile/mile 1/2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post
Really well. 2 weeks ago I ran 9 miles in 2:06. It felt great. I actually RAN the first 7 miles and the last 2 I walked because they were uphill. In my mind, I'm training and I don't want injuries... SO... 7 miles run/2 mile walk in 2:06.

I can live with that!

This weekend, I will do 15 miles. If not, I will do 13.

I'm getting so excited.
Congrats!! That's awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarion42 View Post
My brother-in-law and I are registered for the Neverland 5K. This is his first run in years, and my first ever. We've been doing a Couch-to-5K training program, and in just a couple of months I've gone from being able to run a few hundred feet for less than a minute to running about 2.5 miles for 30 minutes. My goal was to be able to hit a 14 - 15minute mile pace, but I'm actually at about 12.5 minutes/mile. My revised goal is a 10-minute mile pace. 3 or4 months ago I would have thought that was impossible, but now I really think I can do it!

I know this is just a "fun run", but it's still a pretty big milestone for me.
You're going to love it! I had so much fun w/ this 5k last year. There were a ton of Pirates along the course along w/ the characters and the mile markers were themed better than any other disney I've ran before. And being in the dark in the parks added a whole level of ambience that you don't get w/ the DL 5k in Sept. And w/ the race starting so early this year, hoping it stays dark the whole time.

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #872
Belgarion42
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the cheering on!

Speaking of cheering, can anyone tell me from previous years how it works for spectators with the 5K? My wife and parents-in-law want to come watch & cheer!
Belgarion42 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #873
Jeffreelancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarion42 View Post
Thanks for the cheering on!

Speaking of cheering, can anyone tell me from previous years how it works for spectators with the 5K? My wife and parents-in-law want to come watch & cheer!
The 5k was mostly in the parks and the only place a spectator could see the runners was in the esplanade between the parks. It ended on Paradise Pier and only runners were allowed in the parks so you had to wait until you exited to Downtown Disney to see your family.

The end of the race is kinda funny because there is not finish arch or timing mats. There is just a line on the ground so I did not know we even finished until I saw everyone stopping in front of me. The race goes by really fast because there is so much to see.
Jeffreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #874
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how close it is getting!!!!! Despite sick kids and sick me I've gotten in my training runs this week and did my 1 hour run on Sunday. One of my shins is acting up again. Can't decide if i"m going to rest it or push through and see if it gets worse. I feel like I"m running out of training time!
I'm so excited though! I can't wait!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #875
Leskash75
Mouseketeer

It's been a while since I posted. In getting very nervous that I won't make cut off. I'm about 20 min behind.

I have a Charlie horse problem every single half from.5 to 2 miles then its fine. Definitely slowing me down. Any ideas.
Leskash75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #876
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leskash75 View Post
It's been a while since I posted. In getting very nervous that I won't make cut off. I'm about 20 min behind.

I have a Charlie horse problem every single half from.5 to 2 miles then its fine. Definitely slowing me down. Any ideas.
No ideas on your Charlie horse - just hope it works itself out for you.

I slacked like crazy this week. I've done absolutely nothing. Last Saturday I went out for my 11.5 mile run and hit the wall at 8.5. I ate a cheese stick and a banana about an hour before going out, was eating the Shot Bloks every 30 minutes the whole run, drinking water spiked with one of those NUUN electrolyte tabs, and STILL had nothing in the tank. I stopped at 9 miles. I felt fine physically, no pain or anything. Just could not keep moving. The good news is that I bettered my 10k time by 8 minutes and was on a decent pace before I crashed. I'll have to figure out something to keep me going.

I'm toying with the idea of registering for a 10k next weekend. Its a hilly course so I don't know that I'll get a good time out of it, but its worth a shot, right?

Indygirl - keep on going - you are STILL inspiring me!!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #877
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leskash75 View Post

Maybe try KT tape on the back of your calves. Also maybe more calf-centric streches or foam roll it before your runs. And don't worry about the time! We still have a month and a half and you'll have adreneline race day to keep you going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
Last Saturday I went out for my 11.5 mile run and hit the wall at 8.5. I ate a cheese stick and a banana about an hour before going out, was eating the Shot Bloks every 30 minutes the whole run, drinking water spiked with one of those NUUN electrolyte tabs, and STILL had nothing in the tank. I stopped at 9 miles. I felt fine physically, no pain or anything. Just could not keep moving. The good news is that I bettered my 10k time by 8 minutes and was on a decent pace before I crashed. I'll have to figure out something to keep me going.
Did you eat enough carbs? That could be 1 of the problems. Make sure you eat them 2 days before and not the day before, they say it's not enough time the day before to stock up. And eating the night before it'll just sit in your stomach. Maybe a slice of bread or bagel w/ the banana, that might help. Congrats on the PR though. How did that pace feel? Not too fast, maybe that was the added to the wall. I know how that feels though, hit it once during a race around 10 1/2 and those last 2 1/2 miles just dragged on.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #878
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Did you eat enough carbs? That could be 1 of the problems. Make sure you eat them 2 days before and not the day before, they say it's not enough time the day before to stock up. And eating the night before it'll just sit in your stomach. Maybe a slice of bread or bagel w/ the banana, that might help. Congrats on the PR though. How did that pace feel? Not too fast, maybe that was the added to the wall. I know how that feels though, hit it once during a race around 10 1/2 and those last 2 1/2 miles just dragged on.
AHA! That would be part of the explanation, then. I had some chicken and pasta the night before, but I don't think I ate any dinner at all 2 days prior. Man, I have a lot to learn about how to fuel my body!

The pace felt pretty good. I was actually really happy to see how much time I had shaved off. I ended the 9 miles at an average 15:06 pace, but considering I walked most of the last 1/2 mile I feel pretty good about how I am doing.

I'm gonna try to hit 5 miles this weekend rather than the 3 the training calls for. I need to start logging some serious miles.

7 WEEKS TO GO!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #879
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited!

Haven't done a long run in about 3 weeks but so don't care - I'd show up right now and do it if I had to! LOL!

Got a great solo trip planned that just keeps getting better and better....

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #880
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

I'm at DLR now and have logged 8 miles so far today, in the rain, does that count as a long run?

DH has been soooo verry supportive of me running this race but is starting to give me the evil stare. I just handed him the map from last year and told him I was going to run/walk part of it tomorrow, I want to walk the park part and maybe run some of the out of park part just so I have something to visualize for the next 7 weeks.

My back/leg was giving me a little grief but nothing a little jolt from TOT dildn't take care of. That ride is better than my chiro.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #881
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2
I'm so excited!

Haven't done a long run in about 3 weeks but so don't care - I'd show up right now and do it if I had to! LOL!

I am really getting excited for both races now! When are you leaving DL?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #882
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

And do we want to try to plan a meet up??? Anyone interested? I'm going with a friend, no family so pretty flexible.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #883
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Sarah- sent you 2 PMs the other day--- dont mean to be a nudge, but did you get them? Just wanted to check! They aren't showing in my "sent" file folder.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #884
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I'm so excited!

Are you doing Timk or Princess solo? I'm doing Tink solo this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99 View Post
I'm at DLR now and have logged 8 miles so far today, in the rain, does that count as a long run?

DH has been soooo verry supportive of me running this race but is starting to give me the evil stare. I just handed him the map from last year and told him I was going to run/walk part of it tomorrow, I want to walk the park part and maybe run some of the out of park part just so I have something to visualize for the next 7 weeks.
That so counts! When you come back, you have give a quick report about how this wknd was in the parks - I'm headed down next Sat and Sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
And do we want to try to plan a meet up??? Anyone interested? I'm going with a friend, no family so pretty flexible.
Yes!! There's usually a meet Sat. afternoon sometime in DTD and a while back on the Wish thread someone threw out dinner Fri. night if people are there already. Don't know if that's still on, but if I hear anything I'll let you know. That thread's been a lot quieter this year.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #885
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

That thread is way slow this year. The Princess is hoppin' but Tink on the WISH thread is way slow! Sad. But easier to keep up with one thread vs 2. LOL

Did 10.5 today. It was REALLY GOOD until mile 6ish. Bottoms of my feet started to hurt. I was in new shoes (ran about 15 miles total in them so far) so it could have been this- it could have been the socks. I usually run in feetures but switched for some dumb reason this morning to the balegas. I knew they were not a good option from previous long runs.

Hoping it's the socks and not the shoes because the shoes are pretty expensive. LOL And they are really pretty and I love them.

But the GREAT news is--- KT tape worked and I had NO PAIN in my ITB. Only issue was my foot (and a little bit of bonking at mile 7+... need to learn to fuel correctly) I stopped at the car, changed into my old shoes (something told me to bring them as back up!) and finished my last 3 miles pain free. But a lot slower because my feet were still mad at me.

Overall, it was a 14:04 min mile--- and in theory that should be 1-2 min slower than what happens on race day. If that's the case, then I am going to be sitting on a BIG FAT PR during my celebration meal! (yes, I am that slow! lol)

OHHHHH--- and the IMPORTANT news. ha ha ha. My mom came over and we started working on the Isabella campfire girl costume. I think it's going to be really cute. First real costume race for me. Hope it's not something I regret!

Happy Saturday everyone!

My No-Guilt Life

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: