Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Disney Quest

Just booked a trip for March 2013 and I noticed part of the package is two admissions to Disney Quest. We've never been but my DS18 is pretty jazzed about it. Can anyone tell me how long we should schedule to spend there? Maybe a little insight as to what to expect? Maybe I'll send DH and DS over while Mama sneaks in a spa visit. Now that would be magic!
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

My DS16 and DS11 love disney quest. We usually go once or twice each trip (& been going since oldest DS was 3). We don't like the crowds it gets (& I can't imagine standing in line to play GAMES!!!), so we go at opening and stay until it's "too busy" or we've had enough, that's usually for about 4 hours.

For my DH and I, 1 hour is "too much". DQ is loud, lights are flashing, and, did I mention, LOUD? We get into playing some of the games, but overall could completely skip it. Sometimes my DH takes pity on me and lets me shop while he hangs out in the quietest DQ spot (center ring by food area).

My boys would probably play the race car game and shooting games for hours on end (which they do if there's no line). They enjoy going to DQ, so we do (and our vacations are 10-14 days, so it's easy to do a DTD/DQ day).

I don't know how busy they'll be in March, but your DS will get a lot more playing time in early in the day vs. later/evening!!! The 3D pirate game and a few "headliners" can have long waits when DQ is busy, so they could add quite a bit of time to your stay.

Did I mention that it's LOUD with LOTS of flashing lights everywhere. Kind of like it's huge arcade!

Upcoming: AKV, Dec '14
Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
nuzmom is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Thank you NuzMom. I thought it might be kind of a Gameworks that we used to have here. I think I'll let the boys do that one on their own while I get the souveniers bought or something. And we can do it on a non park day when we have time. I'll go shopping and they can be blinded by the blinking lights that just don't do much for me.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzmom View Post
For my DH and I, 1 hour is "too much". DQ is loud, lights are flashing, and, did I mention, LOUD?...Did I mention that it's LOUD with LOTS of flashing lights everywhere. Kind of like it's huge arcade!

I completely and totally agree...it is very LOUD inside DQ! I saw lots of teenager/early-20's having lots of fun in there and lots of "long-suffering" looking adults hanging out in the food court area (the quietest area I could find).

I agree, that it completely depends on your family. If they love video games, then they could probably spend hours inside DQ. For my family (I like video games, but it was just to loud in there for me), 30 minutes was more than enough.

To the OP, I think it sounds like a great idea to send DH and DS to DQ while you do something else. Given your son's age, I would just have him call/text you when he's done and then plan to meet up somewhere. That way he can have as much time at DQ as he wants and you can go do something you want (that might be in a quieter location).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraMeansDawn View Post
Just booked a trip for March 2013 and I noticed part of the package is two admissions to Disney Quest. We've never been but my DS18 is pretty jazzed about it. Can anyone tell me how long we should schedule to spend there? Maybe a little insight as to what to expect? Maybe I'll send DH and DS over while Mama sneaks in a spa visit. Now that would be magic!
It's a giant arcade. They have lots of video games and a few that are activity based. You can spend an hour to a full day. it really will depend on your family and what you are comfortable with. I would say at least 3 hours minimum for us.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
Vemnox
The Mayor

"Disney Quest is awesome!!!!"

-Vemnox, circa 1999
Fall 2007 to December 2009 - Guest Relations / VIP Tour Guide
June 2006 to December 2009 - Finance (Cross-U)

...now happily back home after over 3 great years with the Mouse!

Trips since:
December 2011
December 2012

Future:
TBD 2014
Vemnox is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: