Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #3691
katallo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
The owner we rented from also put in a request for us but it wasn't even close to being granted. I have to say that the owner I rented from was absolutely fantastic about the whole process and I would recommend him highly to anyone looking to rent at WBC or any other Wyndham property!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I had the same experience. Our renters also put in our request. I just tend to think its luck.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #3692
jamzmama
Earning My Ears

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already but do they allow boxes to be mailed to the resort prior to arrival? I've been reading a lot of good ideas here on the boards that I thought it would be a good idea to get it mailed there before we arrive instead of having to pay for the luggage. Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #3693
Kerlynne
DIS Veteran

:bday:

Hello! I have family staying at the Bonnet Creek Resort this weekend. It will be my nieces 8th birthday and was wondering if anyone could give me any help with anything I could arrange to be delivered for her. Does Bonnet Creek do anything magical as the Disney Resorts are able to arrange. Is there something that is exclusive to the resort that the concierge can help me with. Or has others used offsite companies? I tried to get ahold of concierge few min ago but was hold a long time, so I hung up and thought I ask you guys, and prob get faster answers! lol
thank you!
Old 11-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #3694
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamzmama View Post
I'm sorry if this question has been answered already but do they allow boxes to be mailed to the resort prior to arrival? I've been reading a lot of good ideas here on the boards that I thought it would be a good idea to get it mailed there before we arrive instead of having to pay for the luggage. Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!
I dont know but logistically this seems ambitious, especially if it is something you want to take back ( which means you will either have to pay the luggage fee or go back to a post office to mail it back to yourself). Unless you have free use of a courrier it seems like a lot more work.

If you want to buy something to consume at the resort, it might be worth buying it in FLA as opposed to buying it and shipping it. The only way I can see this working is if you had a specific bottle of wine that you wanted to consume in FLA, but even then there are restrictions on shipping alcohol.

I keep envisioning Kramer and Newman in the post office truck full of empties driving up to Michigan.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #3695
aseyrick
DIS Veteran

First of all, I just want to mention that there is a Part 3 now to this thread. I just didn't want you all to miss out on the great info ...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951974

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamzmama View Post
Yes, you can definitely have boxes mailed to hte resort prior to arrival. Just contact the resort and they'll provide you with specific instructions as to how to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerlynne View Post
Hello! I have family staying at the Bonnet Creek Resort this weekend. It will be my nieces 8th birthday and was wondering if anyone could give me any help with anything I could arrange to be delivered for her. Does Bonnet Creek do anything magical as the Disney Resorts are able to arrange. Is there something that is exclusive to the resort that the concierge can help me with. Or has others used offsite companies? I tried to get ahold of concierge few min ago but was hold a long time, so I hung up and thought I ask you guys, and prob get faster answers! lol
thank you!
You can have an offsite company (i.e., florists, food, etc.) delivered to the resort; however, depending on the vendor, some are allowed through the security gate, some are not. If you're thinking about a special arrangement or birthday cake delivered, you will need to contact concierge for specifics. They do not have those facilities onsite. Also, you might want to call them after hours as check in on Fri, Sat & Sun is a zoo.

DL 1983
WDW 1990/1994/1999/2004/2012/2013
DCL Magic 2010/2012
DCL Wonder Nov 2013!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #3696
pershing
DIS Veteran

subscribing

On page 4 of the thread, so have a long way to go! Thinking about renting through Flipkey.

Sue
01/02/14-01/05/14 Disney Magic 04/13/13 - 04/20/13 Disney Fantasy 04/19/12 - 04/22/12 Disney Dream 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 Disney Dream 05/10/09 - 05/14/09 Disney Wonder 04/14/07 - 04/21/07 Disney Magic 01/15/05 - 01/22/05 Disney Magic 11/13/03 - 11/16/03 Disney Wonder
Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #3697
stamptails
Earning My Ears

I'd like to take LYNX buses from the Orlando airport to Bonnet Creek resort. Is there a way to get to the resort by LYNX bus? Or what would the cheapest way to get there be?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #3698
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptails View Post
I'd like to take LYNX buses from the Orlando airport to Bonnet Creek resort. Is there a way to get to the resort by LYNX bus? Or what would the cheapest way to get there be?
Closest LYNX stop that I'm aware of would probably be over by DTD. I'm not familiar enough with the LYNX system though to be able to tell you how long a trip, and how many transfers it would require to get from MCO to DTD. I can tell you however it likely would be quite complicated, time consuming, and annoying as it is highly unlikely to be a direct single-bus trip.

I also don't know how often the shuttle from the resort to DTD would run, as that can vary between the time of year and time of day.

As for cheapest way? I'd say maybe a shared shuttle? or sometimes, honestly, you can get a great deal on a rental car. Some towncar services will also include a grocery stop so that you can stock up the pantry in your resort room. If you don't think you'll need a car during your stay, AVIS has a pick-up/drop off by DTD, and National/Alamo are at the WDW Car Care Center and Swalphin, so you could look into quick one-way rentals from MCO to a drop off at one of those locations where the WBC shuttle would be easier to get to/from.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #3699
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamptails View Post
I saw another thread about the LYNX bus that said it was about 90 minutes from the airport to WDW property. If there's traffic it could take longer. The drive by car is only about 25 minutes. I would rent a car or take a cab.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #3700
disneymarathoner07
Mouseketeer

What are the differences in a 3 bedroom deluxe and a 3 bedroom presidential---is it worth the almost $400 difference in price? (I know that is probably an opinionated question, but just curious)....I know 3 bedroom presidentials are only in building 6....Right now I have booked a deluxe but they had a presidential available.....
POP Aug 29th-Sept 6th 2008 Free dining round 3!!!
CSR June 2009 Baby's first trip
All Star Sports Dec 2009 first Christmas trip!
BWV October 2010 Food and Wine
VWL January 2011 Marathon
POP September 2011 MNSSHP
Grand Gathering!
POR May 2013
Undecided for October 2013
Me (35) DH (38) DD (13) DD (10) DS (4)
Old 01-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #3701
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarathoner07
What are the differences in a 3 bedroom deluxe and a 3 bedroom presidential---is it worth the almost $400 difference in price? (I know that is probably an opinionated question, but just curious)....I know 3 bedroom presidentials are only in building 6....Right now I have booked a deluxe but they had a presidential available.....
I initially reserved a two bedroom deluxe. After going on you tube to look at videos to compare both the deluxe and presidential I changed my reservation to Presidential. I found them to be way nicer.

I suggest you look on You Tube and then decide for yourself.
DIS Dad #749
Old 01-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #3702
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarathoner07 View Post
I can't say if it is worth it but one difference is occupancy, the presidential is 8 the deluxe is 10 because of the pull out couch.

We have 9 so it was either 3 bedroom deluxe or 4 room presidential. We went with the former.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #3703
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Dont want to lose this thread. We'llbe there in Nov 2013!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #3704
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
Dont want to lose this thread. We'llbe there in Nov 2013!
I started this thread after the 1'st one ran it's coarse.But now I got Dis'ers saying that part 2 is knoll and void 'cuase they did not get on the bandwagon
before me!!

If I was a mod,all three would be linked in the sticky.Way too much info posted over the years to let get buried in the dust..

Also as a mod.I would link the hotel-resort reaviews with this forum to keep it cuaght all up to date.But thats me!!!

Someone needs to do it..
Old 01-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #3705
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

I booked a 3 bedroom deluxe. I thought I read somewhere that the 3 bdrms are only in tower 6? That's where i want to be for fireworks?
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Closed Thread