Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #31
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PRINCESSMOM View Post
In a word... Yes! Any December or January trip has meant at least some very cool weather. My older DD likes to tell the story of our first January trip when she had to wear the same sweatsuit everyday cuz mommy packed only shorts and sundresses, but temps never went above 68*....
I had a pair of jeans that could have walked themselves home!!! They were the only pair I brought for my first early Dec trip!!! I had no idea how cold it can get in Orlando!!! Wore them constantly!!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #32
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
65 in FL still feels like summer, to us. Shorts and t's for DH and the kids, capris and t's for me. Hoodies after dark if we get chilly.

I would kill for 65 right now...so sick of grey and 25...
We're here now, and with the wind 15-20 mph and gusting to 25mph, I'll bet even you would find it quite chilly. Have been wearing long sleeves, plus using a windbreaker a large part of the A M and evenings.

We are seeing some people in attire like it was summer, but believe me, they are looking chilled Yes, a few hours during the day, if it was sun with wind lulled, they would be comfortable.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #33
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
We're here now, and with the wind 15-20 mph and gusting to 25mph, I'll bet even you would find it quite chilly. Have been wearing long sleeves, plus using a windbreaker a large part of the A M and evenings.

We are seeing some people in attire like it was summer, but believe me, they are looking chilled Yes, a few hours during the day, if it was sun with wind lulled, they would be comfortable.
Have to agree. Two years ago, it was freezing in Orlando. I wore jeans, socks, and longsleeved shirts all day!!! At night I added a sweatshirt, windbreaker and gloves!!! There was a 2/3 hr period, right after lunch, that allowed you to be warm with short sleeves!!!
Much better to have warmer clothing with you and not need it vs having to buy stuff at WDW!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #34
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Anyone who lives in the south will tell you the same thing every winter and summer, it't not the temperature, it's the humidity.

It makes 90 feel like 110 and 65 feel like 50. Look at the humidity and wind chill (or "feels like") and that will be your best determing factor, but regardless of what the forecast says, pack to wear layers, expect to carry some if you get warm, never leave the bathing suit at home, nor the gloves and sjull caps.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #35
BoardWalkBelle
DIS Veteran

65 degress in FL is the same as 65 in MD, or VA, or CA..no difference.
BoardWalkBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #36
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn View Post
65* with or without humidity is shorts, t-shirt and sandals weather. Also swimming weather. So is 55*! I'm not exaggerating, this is what I would be wearing all the way down to around 45-50. But then, I'm from Winnipeg, so we're a bit more tolerant of cooler weather.
Agreed! We went in Feb 2010 and it was in the 20's at night, high 40's, low 50's during the day, pretty windy. Capris, t's and sandals. Hoodies at night. We wear sandals here until there is snow on the ground. Last year, that didn't happen, so I wore my sandals the majority of the winter!

The only time I have gotten chilled at WDW was on the last day of our trip in 2008, I believe...early December. It was pouring rain, and we were tired. Threw on my hoodie and a poncho and was good to go.

Now, take what I say with a grain of salt. I don't own a winter jacket, mittens, hat, boot, or the like. I rarely get cold.

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #37
DisWishes720
Mouseketeer

So when we leave it is calling for an average of 75 degrees during the day and low 60's at night. I'm packing for myself, my husband and my 18 month old. I've basically planned shorts every day for all of us during the day with layers, fleeces and so on in the early mornings. Then at night we are all in pants with long sleeve shirts, sweaters and I will be bringing jackets. Do you think we are pretty well prepared??

I didn't pack any jeans during the day or long pants but we do have lots of layers on top...now I'm thinking I need to get more pants!

DisWishes720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #38
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Reading this thread with interest, I think I'm going to pack a couple of pairs of capris, some t-shirts, jeans, and long sleeved shirts. Maybe my lightweight jacket.

I leave 2 weeks from today!!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #39
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Have to agree. Two years ago, it was freezing in Orlando. I wore jeans, socks, and longsleeved shirts all day!!! At night I added a sweatshirt, windbreaker and gloves!!! There was a 2/3 hr period, right after lunch, that allowed you to be warm with short sleeves!!!
Much better to have warmer clothing with you and not need it vs having to buy stuff at WDW!!!!
Yes, we were here in Dec. '10 - we nearly froze to death The wind has been cold the last few days here, but suppose to be lighter tomorrow and higher temps, so should start to be comfortable most of the day, being cooler evenings and nights.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #40
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardWalkBelle View Post
65 degress in FL is the same as 65 in MD, or VA, or CA..no difference.
I disagree. 65 can feel different from one day to another, depending on humidity and the amount of sunshine and wind that goes along with it.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #41
mslhb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisWishes720 View Post
So when we leave it is calling for an average of 75 degrees during the day and low 60's at night. I'm packing for myself, my husband and my 18 month old. I've basically planned shorts every day for all of us during the day with layers, fleeces and so on in the early mornings. Then at night we are all in pants with long sleeve shirts, sweaters and I will be bringing jackets. Do you think we are pretty well prepared??

I didn't pack any jeans during the day or long pants but we do have lots of layers on top...now I'm thinking I need to get more pants!
I have also been checking the weather forecast daily. We leave Monday and right now it looks like high 77ish and low 60ish as well. I originally wasn't going to pack many shorts but looks like now I will. I still plan on bringing a variety of shorts, capris and jeans for myself and DD. DH will definitely be in shorts. I figure I rather just overpack then stress about it. And I can always do a load of laundry if it is really needed. Overall sounds like we will both have good weather for our trips!!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #42
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

We just got back a few days ago. We found that sunny vs. cloudy made ALL the difference, AND that the weather forecast was often inaccurate even in the morning as we were heading out to parks (There was one day that was supposed to be 78 per the forecast at 7am, but it ended up being cloudy and in the low sixties all day!!!). We found the best thing was to wear short sleeves, and bring a hoodie AND a windbreaker. We wore all three layers in the mornings and evenings. When it warmed up a bit, we'd shed one of the jackets. If it got to be sunny out, we'd shed both jackets and walk around in short sleeves until the sun began to go down. We carried a backpack that fit everyone's hoodie and tied the windbreakers around our waists when we were warm. --Katie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: