Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
mrobsch
Earning My Ears

Watching MESP, then Dessert Party: where to go?

I know some people have posted this is possible, (though not advised): watching MSEP at 9 on the street, then showing up late for their pre-reserved seat at the 10 pm Dessert Party, and I think that's what I want to do on Dec. 17. (we don't care about missing a few sweets, just want a less crowded place to watch and linger afterwards)

If we were going to attempt this, where exactly should we position ourselves an hour before the parade to get a decent spot that we can then make our way through the crowds to check in for the dessert party?

(I can't tell from the map where the entrance is, is it from the Plaza/Main Street side street, or do you have to cross the Tomorrowland Bridge and go around, if that makes sense?)

I think I've seen posts about getting wristbands early and then going back down into the street to watch the show up close, either near the Plaza or near the Tomorrowland Bridge. Any thoughts from anyone with experience doing this would be appreciated!
mrobsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Last edited by Robo; 11-30-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
mrobsch
Earning My Ears

Robo,
Thanks for the quick reply, but it's for a regular MSEP night, not a MVMCP night. That goes the other way, right? Should we still do the Hub? That spot wasn't what I was thinking at all. And if it's still a good spot, which way do we head from the Hub to get into the party?
Old 11-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobsch View Post
Robo,
Thanks for the quick reply, but

1- it's for a regular MSEP night, not a MVMCP night. That goes the other way, right?

2- Should we still do the Hub? That spot wasn't what I was thinking at all.

3- And if it's still a good spot, which way do we head from the Hub to get into the party?
1- Disney's (MS) Electrical Parade and the 3 O'Clock Parade both start near the Firehouse and exit near Splash Mtn.
MVMCP and MNSSHP Parades both start near Spalsh Mtn. and exit near the Firehouse.

2- Same route.

3- Look at the bottom photo in my first post.
The entrance to the Noodle Station is next to the Plaza Restaurant.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
mrobsch
Earning My Ears

Eek. Sorry, I was not clear upfront. I meant wristbands to the dessert party, not the xmas party.

Thanks for the upclose map, so it looks like the dessert party is right off that side street from the Plaza. Why not just stand at the Plaza, if that is closer and a better viewing spot?
Old 11-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
lroger01
DIS Veteran

From the maps and my own experience with the parade, I'd watch it somewhere around the bridge between the end of Main St and the Hub. On Robo's map it's where he wrote Parade Route in green. Watch from the tomorrowland side. After the parade, just turnaround and walk to the Noodle Station.

I've never done the fireworks viewing, but from what I know of the set up of that area, you should be able to access it from both sides. A walk way goes between the ordering area and the seating area. The party is in the seating area and can easily be blocked off from the walk way.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
Robo

Have a great time!

Last edited by Robo; 11-30-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: