Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Disney34
Earning My Ears

Dashboard "In Progress"

Hey everyone,

I applied for a position with Disney, and it says that my application is "In Progress" on the Dashboard.

I haven't been called for an interview yet, is there a good chance I will get a call? Has anyone's application status said this and never received a call?
Disney34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
taythegibs
Professional Pirate

i am no expert, and the process is way different than it was two years ago, but from what i understand that is what happens after you fill out the application. After they review it they will send you a link for the web based interview and it will change to action required. After the web based interview, if you make it through, they will get you to setup a phone interview and after that you will wait for the results...

EPCOT FW Custodial Aug 2010-Jan 2011
Qisney Quest Attractions Jan 2011-May 2011
POTC Attractions Aug 2012-Jan 2013
POTC Attractions-ct Jan 2013-????

taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
giuwah
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by taythegibs View Post
i am no expert, and the process is way different than it was two years ago, but from what i understand that is what happens after you fill out the application....
This may be true for some positions but in my past experience sometimes my status doesn't move at all after applying.

I'm in the same position as the OP and my only guess is that we're definitely still in the running.

I applied for a Spring design internship last semester and I snail mailed them my app and they set up a phone interview within a week of receiving it. So I think it just depends really.
giuwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I've applied for a few undergraduate internships and several jobs and on 11 of them, they still show "in progress". I originally started applying on Dec 4, 2011. On others I didn't qualify for, it shows "no longer in consideration" and on a couple it shows "submission". The only time I got anything different was when I applied for the College Program last night and I received an email within 7 minutes offering a web based interview. I took that tonight and passed and now have an interview on Monday night @ 7:45 p.m.

I wish there was a better answer to give you - I've asked this questions a dozen times on here and only was told it means they are considering your application. I've found out that when I click on the name of the job I applied for it brings up a new page and it brings up a description of the job you applied for. One a couple of ones that say "in progress" now says on this new page that the job posting I am looking for has expired or the job has been filled. So "in progress" can be confusing to say the least! (almost as confusing as I just made all that l=)

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
mannysand87
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I've applied for a few undergraduate internships and several jobs and on 11 of them, they still show "in progress". I originally started applying on Dec 4, 2011. On others I didn't qualify for, it shows "no longer in consideration" and on a couple it shows "submission". The only time I got anything different was when I applied for the College Program last night and I received an email within 7 minutes offering a web based interview. I took that tonight and passed and now have an interview on Monday night @ 7:45 p.m.

I wish there was a better answer to give you - I've asked this questions a dozen times on here and only was told it means they are considering your application. I've found out that when I click on the name of the job I applied for it brings up a new page and it brings up a description of the job you applied for. One a couple of ones that say "in progress" now says on this new page that the job posting I am looking for has expired or the job has been filled. So "in progress" can be confusing to say the least! (almost as confusing as I just made all that l=)
I am in the same situation as the "in progress" job but the job is expired or not showing up. I searched for the job but dont see it posted anymore. But my status still says "in progress". what happened to your status after? I'm just curious. Thanks!
mannysand87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
NatFish
Earning My Ears

Oy, I'm in the same boat! I applied for a seasonal position on Sept 30th of this year, and just checked today and it says "In Progress." When I click the job posting there's an error page - I'm assuming it's gone as they no longer are accepting applications for the position.

Nerve wracking, to say the least.

What I'm MOST curious about is what exactly all the other stages are! Interview, In Consideration??? I've never seen them, personally, haha.

NatFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatFish View Post
Oy, I'm in the same boat! I applied for a seasonal position on Sept 30th of this year, and just checked today and it says "In Progress." When I click the job posting there's an error page - I'm assuming it's gone as they no longer are accepting applications for the position.

Nerve wracking, to say the least.

What I'm MOST curious about is what exactly all the other stages are! Interview, In Consideration??? I've never seen them, personally, haha.
submission
in progress
interview stage
post interview stage
offer stage
post offer stage
and there is one more spot on the timeline but I'm not sure what it will say

HTH!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
ryanshepard
Earning My Ears

Trick I found so see the REAL job status..

I'm going through the same issues with the application process and I feel everyone's pain.

One trick you can do that I discovered by accident is on your Disney Dashboard click on the "Edit" resumes button. Instead of deleting resumes, click on "continue." This brings up a new selection of menus. Choose "check on job application status." Then, look at the job status whether it was Canceled, Filled, In Progress, etc. I discovered that my Dashboard says "in progress" to a couple of positions that were cancelled or filled. This is the most accurate thing to watch.

Hope it helps. I've been at the interview stage for one job for about a month or more (not sure who to call or contact to check the status) and in progress for a month or more on several others. Got to be patient and have faith something will work out.

I'd also highly suggest to take any job you can get at Disney, even if it's not what you want to do long term. They are great about helping you get to that "dream" job with hard work over time. Good luck everyone, chase your dreams! I've interned there 3 times and now I'm finally going for a long term role now that I"m done with school.
ryanshepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
LaurenPet
Earning My Ears

Do you know what it means if your application status says "action required"??? I applied for the disney culinary program about a week and a half ago and have only received the email that thanks me for my application and says they will be in touch. I have not received any other communication. So is the action required on their end or mine?? Very confusing!!
LaurenPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #10
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenPet
Do you know what it means if your application status says "action required"??? I applied for the disney culinary program about a week and a half ago and have only received the email that thanks me for my application and says they will be in touch. I have not received any other communication. So is the action required on their end or mine?? Very confusing!!
You need todo something. There is a box on the screen that should tell you what action is required of you. If not, I would email them right away and ask
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
LaurenPet
Earning My Ears

There is no box anywhere!

This thread won't let me put a picture in to show you, but there is nothing for me to click on at all. I can click on the email they sent me that just says thank you for applying. And I can click on the job posting. But there is nothing else.

I emailed them today and got an auto reply even though it was during office hours. I am going to try to call tomorrow if I do not hear back.
LaurenPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #12
Zipears Fan
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanshepard View Post
I'm going through the same issues with the application process and I feel everyone's pain.

One trick you can do that I discovered by accident is on your Disney Dashboard click on the "Edit" resumes button. Instead of deleting resumes, click on "continue." This brings up a new selection of menus. Choose "check on job application status." Then, look at the job status whether it was Canceled, Filled, In Progress, etc. I discovered that my Dashboard says "in progress" to a couple of positions that were cancelled or filled. This is the most accurate thing to watch.

Hope it helps. I've been at the interview stage for one job for about a month or more (not sure who to call or contact to check the status) and in progress for a month or more on several others. Got to be patient and have faith something will work out.

I'd also highly suggest to take any job you can get at Disney, even if it's not what you want to do long term. They are great about helping you get to that "dream" job with hard work over time. Good luck everyone, chase your dreams! I've interned there 3 times and now I'm finally going for a long term role now that I"m done with school.
NICE WORK. I didn't realize this feature. My job status says "open" and HR status says "in progress" just like my dashboard does. Interestingly, the job posting no longer exists so people can no longer apply - how this means the job status is open is beyond me.

September 2013: Pop (Anniversary!) August 2010: Pop July 2009: ASSp (Engagement!) July 2003: ASMu May 2000: ASSp From 1985-1999, Offsite[/SIZE]
Zipears Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #13
TheWickerMan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipears Fan View Post
NICE WORK. I didn't realize this feature. My job status says "open" and HR status says "in progress" just like my dashboard does. Interestingly, the job posting no longer exists so people can no longer apply - how this means the job status is open is beyond me.

I can only assume job status is "open" in that no one has been hired for it yet.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:09 PM   #14
Zipears Fan
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." ~WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerMan View Post
I can only assume job status is "open" in that no one has been hired for it yet.
Yeah, I think you're right. In any event, it's better than NLIC!

Does anyone know of a forum or FB group or anything where people are discussing their waits similar to me? I have found such things for college students and PIs, even a few students blogging about their application process, but not career job applications.

September 2013: Pop (Anniversary!) August 2010: Pop July 2009: ASSp (Engagement!) July 2003: ASMu May 2000: ASSp From 1985-1999, Offsite[/SIZE]
Zipears Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #15
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
submission
in progress
interview stage
post interview stage
offer stage
post offer stage
and there is one more spot on the timeline but I'm not sure what it will say

HTH!
The last would be No Longer in Consideration. I didn't check it every time, but I remember it just being Submission-In Progress- then either offer stage or no longer in consideration.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: