Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #136
loganjared
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessSunshine

I can't stop laughing that's TOO funny, definitely sharing this story with my DH!!
Dying here!!!! Reminds me of when my son had a little action figure woody and a large stuffed woody that he little hard woody & big soft woody. In the middle of Walmart he loudly asked me "Mom, would you like to play with my little hard woody?"
We still crack up about that one.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6/1994 Honeymoon CBR; 6/2004 DS's first trip/10 yr anniversary CBR; 6/2005 ASMo; 2/2007 ASSp; 6/2009 15 yr anniversary ASMo; 6/2010 POFQ; 6/2011 POFQ

loganjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #137
wicked.witch.of.wdw
Are you my jolly sailor bold?

When I was eight, I was walking through Epcot with my family (parents, my sister, my aunt, my uncle, and three cousins, nine people in all). It was hot and we were thirsty, so my uncle bought the five kids Icees. Somehow, I tripped over nothing and faceplanted straight into the ground, and when I threw my hands out to break my fall, my Icee went flying and covered me with blue Icee. I'm 20 now and they still say "Cali's a Smurf!" whenever we come to the walkway between Test Track and Mexico

A few years later, the same group of nine was leaving the Hall of Presidents, and my uncle was trailing behind us. Back then, DSis had really light blonde hair, and my uncle saw that light blonde hair up in front of him, and jumped forward and cried out "Boo!" to scare her. .... yeah, it wasn't my sister. I still feel bad for that little girl, but it was still pretty funny. No real harm done, after all.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #138
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
We have a funny moment from our trip last Sept. My dsis, who I love to death, but we always tease her because she never finishes a meal, and we're always on the dining plan, so she'll carry around her dessert in her purse throughout the parks the entire day after lunch. One day at DHS last year, she had a cookie wrapped in a couple napkins from lunch. We went on TOT and while going down one of the times, her cookie flew out of her purse and landed on the man behind us. I couldn't stop laughing. The man was very nice and even gave it back to her, but it was hilarious.
To be honest, she's not the first person to toss their cookies on that particular ride!
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #139
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

We were at the MVMCP on Tuesday night. My husband and I sat down on a wall near Dumbo thinking it would be a good spot to catch the Wishes.

Although it was early, a quick group of fireworks went off near the castle (probably from the stage show...) and a family stopped to watch. The woman exclaimed, "It's time for Hallowishes!" and sits next to us. No more fireworks go off (because it's still 20ish minutes until Holiday Wishes is set to begin). So the husband stands up and says, "Let's keep going... We can find a spot when it actually starts."

The wife, hearing some trash cans being rolled around, says, "I hear them. They must be ground fireworks!" and looks very serious as she tries to hear fireworks that she can't see... The husband gets all annoyed and pushes the stroller away...

The woman stands there for awhile, all alone, trying to hear ground fireworks.... What in the world are GROUND FIREWORKS??
NHKristy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #140
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Back in the early 80s, we stayed at the Polynesian. I was probably a junior or senior in high school at the time. I'd worn my sports coat on the flight because we were going someplace nice for dinner one night during the trip, and I didn't want to pack it in a suitcase. Well, like I said, it was the 80s (that's my only excuse). My sports coat was a coral pink color -- very bright and very preppy. (I thought it was the coolest thing ever at the time.) I was probably also given a lei when we arrived, so I'd have been wearing that too. I guess I looked quite tropical.

While my parents were checking in, I was standing in the lobby near the waterfall just taking things in. An elderly couple came up to me and handed me their luggage, thinking I was a bellman. English wasn't their first language, and I had the hardest time explaining to them that I didn't work for the hotel. They didnít want to take their bags back.

To this day, my sisters have never let me live this down. When we travel together, one of them will inevitably hand me a bag and ask me where my pick coat is.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #141
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

funniest thing for us.. this Sept.. 'Ohana for Breakfast. My 10 year old decided to bring Stitch with him. We sit.. Lilo comes over..spots Stitch.. grabs him and walks away ..

as you can see the boys were certainly taken by surprise:

I laughed so hard a Lilo showed Stitch off to every table near ours before she finally returned him

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #142
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

We were at the parks this past weekend with my family, including 7 year old niece. We went to do turtle talk with Crush, and she told us she wanted to ask him if fireworks were dangerous for sea creatures. When she was called on, she asked the question, and Crush looked really confused, asking what fireworks are. She explained them as big rockets that shoot up and explode with lots of colors. He said it sounded really cool, and he hoped to see it someday, but had no idea if it would be dangerous if they were in the water.

On the way out, DNiece says, "Well, I didn't get an answer, but at least now I know how to explain fireworks real good!" Which was just as good for her

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #143
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Another one.. last year 1900 Park Fare.. 21 of us so we are seated RIGHT where Cinderella and Prince Charming dance... again the 10 ( then 9) year old. He has rather long hair.. after Cindy n Charm are done dancing Cindy asks Taejan to dance and Charming goes to ask DECLAN.. Declan hides.. he's like..I'm NOT A GIRL.

Same trip.. Tonys for Grand Gathering.. same then 9 year old.. long hair.. had been called a Princess all trip.. waitress says "2 princess and 1 prince?"..I say no.. 2 Princes 1 Princess"..without missing a beat she says to Declan "better to be a pretty princess than an ugly prince"...def cracked us all up!

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 11-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #144
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz4Dizney View Post
I took my godmother to Disney for the first time (ever)

We were in Canada my godmother was not sure who Koda was (has no clue about characters) and when Koda heard her, he started to choke her. Her reaction was priceless.

Myself, my mom & my son were alone in the Norway bathroom. In the bathroom was a fly, my son does not like bugs, any bugs at all. He said "Quick mom, give me 50 cent." I said "What for?" He said "So I can buy a shield and protect myself from the bug." He was leaned up against the "woman's" venting machine and 1 of the products name was "shield". To this day I find it to be one of the funniest things ever to happen.
THat is EPIC!

Old 11-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #145
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

Last year we ate at CRT with our kids. The princesses were very smitten with our 12 mo old, ds (who is a charmer.) Snow white couldn't stop kissing him with her bright red lipstick- he had about six lip prints all over his head and face! Then Belle came over to see us and exclaimed "I see Snow White has been to see you!"

As Belle was talking to us, ds kept trying to feed her his very messy buttered noodles (trying to shove them in her mouth.) She was very gracious!

After the meal, ds was covered in butter and lipstick from his time with the princesses!!!! Definitely something to tell him to embarrass him when he is older!
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #146
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus77 View Post
Last year we ate at CRT with our kids. The princesses were very smitten with our 12 mo old, ds (who is a charmer.) Snow white couldn't stop kissing him with her bright red lipstick- he had about six lip prints all over his head and face! Then Belle came over to see us and exclaimed "I see Snow White has been to see you!"

As Belle was talking to us, ds kept trying to feed her his very messy buttered noodles (trying to shove them in her mouth.) She was very gracious!

After the meal, ds was covered in butter and lipstick from his time with the princesses!!!! Definitely something to tell him to embarrass him when he is older!
Awww, that is so sweet, and so funny at the same time. I hope you've got photos!!
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #147
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum

Awww, that is so sweet, and so funny at the same time. I hope you've got photos!!
Oh yes! And it is documented in a photo book!
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #148
incredigirl
Earning My Ears

Magic Turtle Talk

One year we were in Turtle Talk and one little boy asked Crush, "Where do baby turtles come from?"
Crush paused...looked around...and said "Magic!"
I laugh everytime I think of this!

incredigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #149
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredigirl View Post
One year we were in Turtle Talk and one little boy asked Crush, "Where do baby turtles come from?"
Crush paused...looked around...and said "Magic!"
I laugh everytime I think of this!
sweet!

Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #150
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

I lost my 5 year old at Magic Kingdom!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've posted this story on different boards before.

Several years ago, my extended family dropped in at Magic Kingdom for a day of fun before going on our Disney Cruise. I think we had about 13 people in our group.

We were walking from Toontown towards Fantasyland. Ahead of me, I could see my husband pushing our 3 year old son in the stroller. I could see my sister and her family, my mom and step-father.

I searched each person to find my 5 yr old daughter. None of them had her. I was immediately in a panic. I could not remember the last time I had seen her. I yelled out to those in front of me - WHERE'S MADISON?

They all stopped in their tracks, turned around and looked at me, but no one spoke.

My already soaring panic level went into the stratosphere.

What was their problem? Why weren't they moving to help me find her? Did they not realize how big this place was and how tiny she is? Have they not seen the headlines of child molestors lurking in kid-friendly locales?

I turned around and began stomping back to Toontown. If they did not want to help, it was up to me to find her on my own. She was my responsibility.

I had taken about 3 steps when I heard my sister call my name.

I turned around and with all my strength and passion and fury yelled WHAT?

She looked me right in the eye, pointed her finger at me and said...

You're holding her.

And I was. She was perched right there on my left hip. I had gotten so used to toting her over the whole World that I had forgotten I had her.

It was my worst moment turned into the best.

When I got home, I told my dad the story. He asked if I was embarrassed. I said "no. I was relieved."

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: