Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

Oh so worth the wait especially if you are a Belle fan. Loved it and waited 60 minutes during the preview they had going on in October.

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It is very cute and at least worth seeing once. More than once, probably only if you have small kids.

From an adult without kids perpective, first time I saw it was at midnight during a preview, there were NO kids in the audience, adults played all the parts. That was a blast. But it's for the kids, they'll cast a couple of adults in certain parts though.

If you love Belle, it's a small space for the show, like a personal party with her. Well done.
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #18
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

DH and I saw it during MVCMP. It was awesome. We don't have kids and still loved it.

A photopass photog takes pics of all the participants during the show, we asked for one as were leaving and they gave us one so there's no worry about trying to snap a pic of Belle moving around.
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #19
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Keep in mind that they will let everyone volunteer, so if you are an adult, don't be shy to speak up!

Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #20
brockash
DIS Veteran

We did this in Sept. (during the soft-opening,) and it was cute. Basically it's a show in which some of the audience can participate. It was cute and my dd (5) liked being in the show with Belle, but it won't be a must-do for us. We only waited about 20 mins., and that's probably the most I would wait for it in the future. I'm glad we did it, but it's not something that we'll have to do every trip. It's cute and the cottage etc. is very beautiful, but it's not something I would wait very long for. My ds (10) really wasn't interested in it, and I'd assume a lot of older kids wouldn't be.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #21
ars0525
DIS Veteran

In early Nov we got in around midnight so we actually had to wait to get enough people in line. I would go again just to see the Magic Mirror & to actually sit in the audience for the show, but I wouldn't wait any crazy time for it. Since it was so late & not many kids, quite a few adults got "roles" as well (which was cool but then you don't really get to see the show--I didn't get to see Lumiere much). My mom (who also got a role) said once was enough for her, but she was glad she did it.
Got my AP so visit whenever I can!

There's no crying at Disney
ars0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #22
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

OP here. Just got back from our trip.

The posted wait time was 50 minutes, but we walked up and the CM said that the sign was broken and the wait should only be about 10 minutes. It was more like 25-30, but that was still fine with us.

DD was too shy to volunteer for a role, but they pulled her up for the "parade" around the room at the end and I thought that was very very sweet to try and include her.

Belle was VERY GOOD in her role, and I thought the animatronics were AMAZING (especially Lumiere). Loved loved loved it, especially because it wasn't a ride and because it was so different. We live in California and they don't have anything like this in DLR so it was such a great change.

The only thing that was strange was that the area outside of Maurice's cottage was big, but the actual waiting room with the fireplace, etc., was really small. Seems more like a design issue, but it seemed unnecessarily cramped.

I highly recommend this attraction now!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #23
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran

Visited Belle on Sunday and LOVED it! If you have any interest in details, this is the place to go. The detail in every room is astonishing. I am not afraid to admit that I almost got weepy over the portrait of Belle and her mother. It's in the main room of the house, and Belle's mom is reading her a story, the same story that is on a podium by the door. Every little thing in this space is just so. I loved the stacks of books, just like my daughter's room. So glad we did this.

Wait time posted at 50, but the Lines app said 17, and that's exactly what it was.
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: