Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
wdwlovin'family
Mouseketeer

PC parking recommendations

Looking for recommendations for off site parking at PC. There is one that advertises being the first one you get to when coming into PC, but on the map, it looks pretty far away. Then, there are two that claim to be the "closest" but I don't know how they both can be -- one of those is at the Radisson hotel.

Who is the closest and best? How was their service with helping you get your bags on and off the shuttle? How was the return service? Did you have to call someone to get you upon return or were they just there? Where do they drop you off/pick you up at the Disney Cruiseline terminal? Lastly, is there any benefit to paying the $75 to park ath te DCL terminal vs. off-site parking? As a side note: my husband is disabled and I will need help with our luggage and things. I don't want to get dropped off two blocks away and have to haul everything there and help him too. If the DCL ternimal is more handicap accessible, then then I guess I will just pony up the money for it.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

The closest is Park 'N Cruise. We've used them before and were happy with their service.

http://parkcruise.com/
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran

Park and cruise was very easy. We got there about 12 on cruise day and were at our ship, even having stopped to drop 2 people at another, by 12:30 (probably faster).

When we got off, I was a little concerned because there were a lot of people just waiting in the area we were told to wait and just a van pulled up, so I was preparing to toss little old ladies to the side, but immediately a bus pulled up too, so they put 3 groups in the van and the rest in the bus. Again, ship to car to highway was under 30 minutes.

for a 4 day cruise it was $37, whereas the garage would have been about $80. Garage is covered, and I would have liked that, but I liked saving $40.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

if you have the proper documentation for the disabled person you can park in the port for free

from the port's web page:

DISABLED PARKING spaces are available and the fee is waived for vehicles that have special equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls; or display the Florida Toll Exemption permit. Call 800-983-2435, extension 2 to apply for an exemption form.

http://www.portcanaveral.com/cruising/parking.php

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
SeptBabyMom
Mouseketeer

We also used Park N Cruise last month, based on recommendations made here. We have no complaints at all. It was less than a 5 minute drive to the lot. They were friendly and curteous and looked after all the bags. Upon disembarking the ship, we may have waited 15 minutes for them to arrive.

Plus we saved money.
SeptBabyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
wdwlovin'family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_BJ View Post
if you have the proper documentation for the disabled person you can park in the port for free

from the port's web page:

DISABLED PARKING spaces are available and the fee is waived for vehicles that have special equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls; or display the Florida Toll Exemption permit. Call 800-983-2435, extension 2 to apply for an exemption form.

http://www.portcanaveral.com/cruising/parking.php
Capt. BJ, thank you so much for this information. I had no idea and it completely applies to my husband. We will remember this for future trips, but unfortunately, it takes 4-6 weeks to process this and we don't really have that much time.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

if you have special lic' plates or the mirror hanger thingy I think you're good to go . . .

I'd call this number and ask

Contact the Canaveral Port Authority at 321-783-7831 for the latest information.

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
wdwlovin'family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_BJ View Post
if you have special lic' plates or the mirror hanger thingy I think you're good to go . . .

I'd call this number and ask

Contact the Canaveral Port Authority at 321-783-7831 for the latest information.
I will check into it. Thank you!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwlovin'family View Post
I will check into it. Thank you!
You have to have the special equipment installed in your vehicle as it states above -- lifts, ramps, or foot/hand controls for the driver. But you don't have to pre-register if you have those. The parking attendant just verifies they are in the vehicle when you arrive. Simply having a disabled parking placard does not get you free parking at the port. This is per a phone call with the port phone number above.

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: