Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #196
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

I am in agreement with everyone that is an amazing room! I would love to be there....

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #197
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Ohhh, those pictures are making me miss "my" ship

The room is beautiful!!! I can't wait for the next update.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #198
Hawleys
DIS Veteran

Wow! Sweet suite!!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Sounds like you are having a good time already.
Hawleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #199
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

That cabin is amazing. I hope you are having a wonderful time.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #200
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Thanks pixielizzie for confirming why the ship was on food lock down. It's eased up now and we're back to serving ourselves at the drink station and buffets.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the room. It's bigger than my first apartment!

Leshaface, I dont' think the post stuck, but in the ads for the zip line tour, one of the pictures they show has you and Daniel in it I think!

We have been having a great time, and with how slow the internet is, I might not be able to update here until I get back. Besides I don't like having to shrink the pictures so much for fast upload.

I have completed quite a bit on the Desintation D report, so those may go up in the next day or two. I need to get back to the Promenade Lounge. Internet is definitely faster there, but it's more comfortable to sit at the desk in my living room! Off to breakfast and Cabo!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #201
franandaj

After we had second lunch, we went back to the room and Fran took a nap. After straightening up the room and putting away our clothes, I worked on the updates on the TR.

So dinner tonight was rotational dining. If I didnt already say this, I did get my requested rotation PTTAPTA. Tonights dinner was at Parrot Cay, I think this dining at the same place twice in one day thing, might end up to be a pattern.

On the seven night cruises, you have three nights of the rotational dining where each restaurant serves their regular menu and four nights of special dining where all restaurants serve the same menu.

Here is the bread service, we had already grabbed a few pieces by the time I took this pic.

One nice thing is that you can order a bottle of wine and you dont have to finish it that night, they will bring it to your restaurant the following night. Since Fran is on such heavy pain meds, she is not drinking this cruise. I ordered this bottle of wine for my first couple courses and planned to finish the rest the next night.

Our appetizer was Baked Crab Martinique, which was crab in a creamy cheese sauce served with chips and plantain chips.

Next we both had the Cream of Green Asparagus Soup with crabmeat and asparagus tips. It didnt have a lot of flavor, but it was OK. There werent any asparagus tips in mine, and I dont think Frans had any either.

Fran also had the Cold Cream of Mango and Papaya Soup

I had the Mixed Grill which contained Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Lamb Chop, Bacon Wrapped Sausage, and Jumbo Shrimp on Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus. This was really good. I love anything where I get a whole buffet at the table and they cooked it nice and medium rare.

Fran went light this evening and enjoyed the Parrot Cay Salad which contained Fresh Spinach tossed with Red Onions, Mushrooms, warm Bacon Dressing topped with Bacon and a chopped Egg. She said it was very tasty.

They brought the Dessert Menu

I chose the Chocolate SMore Vanilla Cake

Fran chose the Parrot Cay Sweet Temptations, a Trio of CrŤme Brulee Cheesecake, Lemon Merengue Pie, and Chocolate SMore Vanilla Cake.

After dinner we decided to go shopping&.

On our way to the gift store, I took a few shots of the lobby and Christmas Tree and sculpture.

We spent a long time shopping, we used up just about all the Disney gift cards that we brought (which I thought was going to be unheard of!) However, I ended up with a couple scores for the evening.

Because Fran always goes through cat withdrawal on vacation we brought along Lucifer. Perhaps you caught him earlier in this photo.

But I knew that the stateroom hosts would have fun with him on the trip, and our first towel animal confirmed that.

Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 12-12-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #202
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Bacon wrapped sausage? My daughter Kacy would be in heaven. She has been talking to me about her and I going on a cruise together. When I tell her about that she will all over me to start planning it. She lives with the thought that if something is good it is even better with bacon!

So far everything has looked wonderful! Your necklace is beautiful! I hope you guys are having an amazing trip.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #203
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

No way we're on an ad?! Is there anyway you can post a pic of it???

Your necklace is gorgeous! Wow I don't think I saw that one before otherwise I definitely would have gotten that.....and that purse too...Love it!

Gotta say, i'm really surprised that Fran only had a salad as an entree Hope she was feeling okay that night.

I was wondering what was covering her face in your first update! I love that you bring Lucifer along for the ride. I don't think i've ever seen him at any of the parks before. He must be an oldie.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #204
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm just loving these updates! I need to look at the photos on the computer, the phone isn't doing them justice.

Too funny about another car. Where does she keep them all?

Love the purchases. I keep thinking about a necklace I saw last March, it didn't have the circle of diamonds, just the logo with diamond Mickey inside. Did you happen to see that one? Wondering if its still there.

Hope you have a fabulous day!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #205
franandaj

eandesmom - Yes this room is a category T! It's very nice, but not sure we would splurge for this again, although it would be worth an upgrade at the port from a category 6 or 7!

Kaoden - I would agree with your daughter, everything is better with bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
No way we're on an ad?! Is there anyway you can post a pic of it???

Your necklace is gorgeous! Wow I don't think I saw that one before otherwise I definitely would have gotten that.....and that purse too...Love it!

Gotta say, i'm really surprised that Fran only had a salad as an entree Hope she was feeling okay that night.

I was wondering what was covering her face in your first update! I love that you bring Lucifer along for the ride. I don't think i've ever seen him at any of the parks before. He must be an oldie.
I don't think I could get a picture of it, the shot of your group goes across the screen for maybe 2 seconds. If I hadn't seen it in your TR, I would have never known, maybe it isn't you two, but I think it was one of the group shots. There are 6, 8 maybe 10 people in the picture, you two are kind of in the middle, right? I think you were wearing black leggings and a tank top that day????? My memory sometimes remembers weird things and I could be wrong, but it looked like your hair, besides you were all wearing helmets so it was hard to make out your faces.

I like the necklace too, but put it this way, it cost almost as much as the cruise (and I mean even our CL priced cruise).
Fran did have an app, two soups, plus the salad, and she ate some of mine because I can never finish anything. Then she had desert. So she wasn't deprived.

Lucifer is from Cinderelly, he chases the two gay mice Jaques and Gus. He is new, we got him at the Walt Disney Studios store last summer.

Pam - yes they still had the other pendant too, it was about half the price of the other one, very pretty too, I just like the diamonds.

Two more "days at sea" essentially for me, since we're not going onshore. I still have 200 minutes, (well now less than that), so I may upload some pictures while everyone is in port. Yesterday it went very quickly.

Last edited by franandaj; 12-12-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #206
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Alison everything looks amazing so far and I love your D&B! To me that is a good score!

The necklace is very beautiful and looks good on you.

Hope you continue to have a wonderful time.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #207
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

I don't think I could get a picture of it, the shot of your group goes across the screen for maybe 2 seconds. If I hadn't seen it in your TR, I would have never known, maybe it isn't you two, but I think it was one of the group shots. There are 6, 8 maybe 10 people in the picture, you two are kind of in the middle, right? I think you were wearing black leggings and a tank top that day????? My memory sometimes remembers weird things and I could be wrong, but it looked like your hair, besides you were all wearing helmets so it was hard to make out your faces.

I like the necklace too, but put it this way, it cost almost as much as the cruise (and I mean even our CL priced cruise). Fran told me that the cost of the cruise would be the least of our expenses. She always says that and I always think she is crazy. It's been over a decade since we were on a cruise so I forgot how crazy spendy she gets!

Fran did have an app, two soups, plus the salad, and she ate some of mine because I can never finish anything. Then she had desert.

Lucifer is from Cinderelly, he chases the two gay mice Jaques and Gus. He is new, we got him at the Walt Disney Studios store last summer.
Oh gotcha! Thought maybe it was on some type of excursions guide or something, but still neat!

Goo! That necklace is WAAAY gorgeous! I'm not really into expensive jewelry, even my wedding rings that DH would like to upgrade, i'd rather spend that money towards vacations...HOWEVER, that necklace tops them all! Perhaps I should print out your pic and place it on his pillow?!

Yes! I remember Lucifer, but I don't think i've seen the stuffed animal in the parks before? In fact, we were going to name one of our cats Lucifer a looong time ago because of his personality.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #208
franandaj

After dinner embarkation night, I took a nice long warm bath. It was at least 12:37AM before I got to bed. Usually a bath really relaxes me, but not tonight. The boat was really going fast. Two cruises ago we swore we would never stay at the back of the boat, but thats where Disney puts their HA staterooms. Fran could not have used a regular room, so its really good that we got this one. In addition to hearing the engines going, we were moving so fast that the boat was really creaking. I know the slight creaking is normal, but this was some MAJOR creaking. Perhaps its because we are on deck 8, but it really started freaking me out. So much that I kept waking up in the middle of the night.

Around 4AM, I put on one of the robes that they provided and went out on the deck. Breathing the fresh air and also noting that even though it felt like the boat was swaying excessively, seeing that it was not helped to calm me down. Im not sure if Ive mentioned it here, but a few years ago for a couple days, I was hit with a bad bout of Vertigo, so much that I couldnt walk without falling over (the room spinned so badly). I havent had anything like that since or beforehand, but for the last five years, Ive had problems with dizziness when I lay down too fast, or tilt my head back too far. As I lay in bed with the ship rocking, I was regretting not bringing along my Valium pills. I didnt need them, but I was starting to WONDER (haha, pun there!)

Around 6AM the sun started to come up and I decided to wake up. Sleep wasnt happening and to admit it, I was a tad bit excited. We put in standing order of coffee at 7:30AM with Rodrigo the day before and this morning we had planned on brunch at Palo at 11:30AM. Because Fran needs meds in the morning for her pain pills we had ordered a light continental breakfast to be delivered Monday morning so we didnt get nauseous from lack of food. They were there right on time, and it turned out to be a bit more than a light breakfast!

I took a couple shots off the balcony, they arent my best of the trip but they were the first ones! It was cloudy our first day at sea.

For the remainder of the morning (or so we should have) I worked on the TR and Fran stayed in bed.

There was one problem with Fran (and we had this same problem in the THV) is that if her butt is lower than her knees, she cant get up. The bed was mighty low in the suite and all night she had a hard time getting out of bed. We called the Concierge to let him know and they got on it right away. We headed up to Palo.

Once we were in the restaurant being greeting by the staff, everything was all better. I decided that since we were on vacation in addition to the champagne, I could also have a Bloody Mary. It was quite tasty.

Our server was a Doll, I dont remember his name, but he was from Bulgaria and here were more consonants in his name than vowels, Ill get a picture of him next time we dine there. The place was hardly busy and we spent a good deal of time chatting with him. He took us over for a tour of the buffet. I understood that brunch at this place is a lot like the lunch service at a cool place at Disneyland. That all the seafood, appetizers, salad items and things are served buffet style, the entrees are prepared to order and desserts are available on the buffet. I'll show you the pictures from my tour before moving on to the actual service.

So here is the first of the savory part of the tour, (although we did preview the dessert before getting to this one).

Last edited by franandaj; 12-12-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #209
franandaj

These are the items that you can have prepared for you a la minute, there are the signature pizzas

Soups, appetizers, and pancakes

Eggs and things

And the stars of the show

This was my plate

And Franís

In addition to the champagne that we started with, I ordered a Bloody Mary. I mean heck it was noon by now!

Our next course was the Strawberry Soup. This was a little herbier than the one at 1900 Park Fare, but it was still very tasty!

OH. MY. GOD. I now understand what everyone is raving about with the Chicken Parmesan! This was by far the BEST EVER Chicken Parmesan I have EVER eaten. The chicken was so tender, perfectly cooked. The sauces were just a perfect complement to the meat, and the risotto was definitely the best risotto I have had anywhere! I canít wait to eat this again!

We also split the Veal Saltimbocca, and I have to say this was just as raving good as the Chicken. The Prosciutto was salty, but I really liked the flavor it gave, and the sauce was just wonderful!

As full as I was, there was no way I was missing dessert.

I didnít get a picture of Franís desserts, Iíll have to do that next time!

Old 11-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #210
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

The food looks amazing! Your necklace is beautiful as is your bag.

Whenever I hear the best risotto ever...I think of Michael's. When we went to Vegas and ate at Craft Steak their risotto was sewage compared to his, I kid you not. When I come out there, I'm going to bring some of his, kept cold, for you to try.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: