Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #16
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

I love the deluxe resorts. We've stayed at the Poly, GF, Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge. We've visited all of the deluxe resorts during the Christmas season.

The GF and WL are IMO the best themed during this time of the year. Although I love love love the Poly, if I had a choice I'd stay at the GF during Christmas. It's so bright and airy and the decorations on top of the live music in the lobby really brings it home for me. We did a split stay with the Poly and GF during the holiday season a few years ago and it was the best trip ever!!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #17
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Very pretty this time of year to be sure, we do not stay there because it also feels a bit "stuffy" and "uptight" at times to us.
I am sure to be crucified for saying that..,,
Lol
I think it feels a little uptight too. That feeling wasn't helped by a snooty CM that was rude to my sister.

I'm still willing to give it a chance eventually though. The grounds are beautiful.
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #18
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!

My youngest had always wanted to stay at the GF so we did two years ago. While it's pretty, it just didn't do it for us. To me, it seemed like any other pretty hotel that my husband and I have stayed at. I didn't really feel like I was at WDW. Hard to explain but we won't stay there again. I will say the cabana boys there are awesome and I wish they had them at the Poly! LOL That being said, our favorite is the Poly. It just has that over the top theming that makes me feel like we are at Disney.
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #19
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

The subtle theming, gorgeous grounds..

The scent is amazing... The whole atmosphere is just amazing....

The CMs are amazing.. I have stayed at almost every Disney hotel on property and here they really went out of their way with my son who has autism to make our vacation special...

I actually found this to be the most laid back and least judge mental resort with my son with autism.

When we had dinner and he had an episode two CM came up to me and bought him a light up car and kept him busy so mommy could enjoy her meal... (In Gasparillas). One of the girls mentioned she has a Brother with autism and was amazing with my son..

The music in the lobby helps the ambience and loved seeing the castle and monorail from our room..

Oh... And the toiletries are the BEST!!!

Last edited by Butterflygirl35; 11-27-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Butterflygirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #20
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

I think the GF has a very romantic feel to it, for some reason.
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #21
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Just being honest?
I enjoy the Poly much more, sorry i will temper my post as to not offend anyone ever....
Is there anything specific about the Poly you like more? We have stayed at GF & the Poly is on my list to try. Would love to hear about it!

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Wilderness Lodge 12/25 - 12/26, Grand Floridian CL 12/26 - 1/5/2015

Mike&AllisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #22
mfulk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&AllisMom

Is there anything specific about the Poly you like more? We have stayed at GF & the Poly is on my list to try. Would love to hear about it!
We are at the GF right now. I wanted to try staying here and thought this time of year would be fun with the trees and gingerbread house. It is pretty but I prefer the Polynesian as well. The main reason is because it is soooooo much more convenient being able to walk to the TTC. We stayed in Rapa Nui and even with kids that were 7, 5, 3 and 9 months old it only took 5 minutes to walk there which made it so quick to get to Epcot or back from MK. Our room seemed a lot bigger at Poly too. With 6 of us in one room it was nice to have a bigger space.
mfulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #23
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfulk View Post
We are at the GF right now. I wanted to try staying here and thought this time of year would be fun with the trees and gingerbread house. It is pretty but I prefer the Polynesian as well. The main reason is because it is soooooo much more convenient being able to walk to the TTC. We stayed in Rapa Nui and even with kids that were 7, 5, 3 and 9 months old it only took 5 minutes to walk there which made it so quick to get to Epcot or back from MK. Our room seemed a lot bigger at Poly too. With 6 of us in one room it was nice to have a bigger space.
Thanks for your response!! I have not considered that convenience and it is a really good one

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Wilderness Lodge 12/25 - 12/26, Grand Floridian CL 12/26 - 1/5/2015

Mike&AllisMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: