Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #46
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Enough of the argument. I do agree that if you have poor service you should report it while you are there...but there are those who don't like to spend time doing that or they don't like confrontation and they just don't go back to the restaurant. Who cares which way people handle it.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #47
princessSunshine
Mouseketeer

I wonder if the time of year has a big effect on the quality of service i.e. rushing or way to slow? We've always gone during Disney's "slowest" time of the year - September - and only once had a slower meal (beginning of Food and Wine)....so what do you think? If it's a "busier" time of the year, do they rush you through and if it's a "slower" time of the year, they let you take your (and their) time?

As long as the pot stickers are hot and plentiful, my family's happy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #48
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala
Enough of the argument. I do agree that if you have poor service you should report it while you are there...but there are those who don't like to spend time doing that or they don't like confrontation and they just don't go back to the restaurant. Who cares which way people handle it.
I think these people have way too much time on their hands!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #49
antkim
"Easy to love"
Figured out how to feel good
More blessings on the way

As a server and bartender for many years I can tell you that "talking" with your server goes a long way. If you explain that you are in a hurry to catch Wishes or that you want to eat at a slower pace a good server will accommodate your wishes. I am sure that they are advised to serve the meal at a quicker pace however if you make a point to tell them how you would like your meal to go then they should not have a problem. We have dined there several times and only once did I feel rushed... however I did not care because I was tired and wanted to call it a day! LOL

One of our best experiences in Disney was at Ohana's years ago. Not just for the food. We dined late at night and had the pleasure of really getting to know our server and his assistant. We sat and chatted with them for a long time and learned so much about them and the resorts (specifically Contemporary/Polynesian). They had been working in WDW since day 1! We had sooo much fun just sitting and talking (well we were sitting not them LOL) and at the end of the meal they gave us an incredible gift! THEY GAVE US a gift! These CM's work A LOT every day for thousands of people (like we all do!). They too appreciate a nice experience. It was probably my fondest memory for dining! We have reservations in Jan and I can't wait.

Most of my dining in Disney has been mediocre. We are food snobs for sure! I really enjoy the signatures but the others I just enjoy the environment more!

Sit back and relax...time out of lines in the park is soooo nice!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #50
disneyfreak71
Even Stewie Knows......GO STEELERS!

We have been to 'Ohana many times and never been rushed before. We have had the occaisional slow meal but usually things come at a steady and confortable pace. My biggest gripe is why they put 2 person tables along the race track when most parties of 2 are adults without kids and don't care to get hit by brooms and kiddies.

DIS DADS CLUB MEMBER #766

Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #51
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antkim View Post
As a server and bartender for many years I can tell you that "talking" with your server goes a long way. If you explain that you are in a hurry to catch Wishes or that you want to eat at a slower pace a good server will accommodate your wishes.
Of course, a "good" server will. The issue is that at 'Ohana, a lot of the servers are not "good" at all. The service there is "bad", not "good"
Old 12-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #52
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
Of course, a "good" server will. The issue is that at 'Ohana, a lot of the servers are not "good" at all. The service there is "bad", not "good"
There is the possibility of a bad apple in every bushel, and maybe that's the one server you got - wouldn't say that a *lot* of them are bad though. We have gone too many times to count and have never gotten the *bad* one - kind of *luck of the draw* I guess.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #53
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak71 View Post
We have been to 'Ohana many times and never been rushed before. We have had the occaisional slow meal but usually things come at a steady and confortable pace. My biggest gripe is why they put 2 person tables along the race track when most parties of 2 are adults without kids and don't care to get hit by brooms and kiddies.
This!

I also agree about the *race track*. We always (after first time in the *track*) ask for a table on the side and have always been accommodated.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #54
antkim
"Easy to love"

Quote:
Never had a "bad" server there. Like I said, I have been many times. Guess I have much better luck because in the 8+ times we have been there never have we had a "bad" server just "good" or "exceptional".
Old 12-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #55
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Never had a "bad" server there. Like I said, I have been many times. Guess I have much better luck because in the 8+ times we have been there never have we had a "bad" server just "good" or "exceptional".
likely your expectations and/or definitions of these terms are different than mine.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #56
antkim
"Easy to love"

Quote:
likely your expectations and/or definitions of these terms are different than mine.
Pretty sure that is not correct however we can agree to disagree. Not everyone has the same experiences. I was just posting mine.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #57
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pretty sure that is not correct however we can agree to disagree. Not everyone has the same experiences. I was just posting mine.
well...i've been there 3 times and each time food and service were both terrible. so, either there is an extremely strange anomaly where you and i always have totally different experiences, or we have both experienced what 'Ohana is and you like it, i don't.

i think the latter is more likely.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #58
antkim
"Easy to love"

Quote:
well...i've been there 3 times and each time food and service were both terrible. so, either there is an extremely strange anomaly where you and i always have totally different experiences, or we have both experienced what 'Ohana is and you like it, i don't.

i think the latter is more likely.
Okey dokey!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #59
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have always had a great time there also. Sometimes I think we receive the kind of service that we *ask* for or *expect*. We always try to *connect* with our servers, smile, ask where they're from, etc. This usually breaks the ice and we always get great service.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #60
antkim
"Easy to love"

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
We have always had a great time there also. Sometimes I think we receive the kind of service that we *ask* for or *expect*. We always try to *connect* with our servers, smile, ask where they're from, etc. This usually breaks the ice and we always get great service.
My point exactly. I mentioned that we took the time to get to know our servers and our experience (on this particular evening) was exceptional.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: