Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #31
Raeryan50
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGMatt View Post
Just got off the Fantasy this past Saturday. We had Sheldon D. from India and Marko V. from Montenegro. They were fantastic! Probably one of the best serving teams I've had in 4 Disney cruises. Magic tricks every night, great recommendations, and FAST and friendly service. And since we were a table of all adults, some of the humor was appropriate for just us! Great team!
WE had Sheldon when he was still on the Wonder last December. Loved loved loved him. He was the greatest.

::Me DH :DD16 DD14

Raeryan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #32
onecoolpilot
Mouseketeer

We were on the Fantasy in October, and had Pete from Jamaica, and his assistant Mo from the UK. While they were both great, Mo was the cream of the crop for me. He was funny and very personable.

Tiziana from Italy is on the Fantasy now as well, she is a head server. I think that's what it's called, she's over several serving teams. She was our server on the dream in 2011 and everyone at our table loved her, kids and adults.

I have to say, she is what Disney is all about. Even a year later, when she and I passed each other on the first day on board the Fantasy we both turned at the same time saying "hey, I know you!" We saw her constantly, and even though we were not in her area, she stopped by every meal and said hi and asked how our day was.

onecoolpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #33
Laila Bryce
Mouseketeer

Vote for Zoe and Lea.
Laila Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #34
jennab05
Mouseketeer

Depesh head server, dewayne from Jamaica and Ricardo from Portugal were all outstanding!!! Best service from Disney ever and I've been to Disney and on cruises many times

Old 11-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #35
Time4Family
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGMatt
Just got off the Fantasy this past Saturday. We had Sheldon D. from India and Marko V. from Montenegro. They were fantastic! Probably one of the best serving teams I've had in 4 Disney cruises. Magic tricks every night, great recommendations, and FAST and friendly service. And since we were a table of all adults, some of the humor was appropriate for just us! Great team!
I was about to post this too. They are great with kids too. We were a table of 4, 2 adults, 2 kids, 13 and 10. I wanted to bring both of them home with me. My daughter and I went out for dinner yesterday and the service was not great. She said that Sheldon or Marko could teach the waitress how to be a great waitress. Lol.
Time4Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #36
Florida Dreamin'
Mouseketeer

I have no idea if they're still on the Fantasy but we had to wonderful servers in March on the ship. Our main server was Luciana from Brazil and our assistant server was Isolda from Peru. They were an A-grade team, and I would highly suggest them if you can get them.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

250+ WDW Day Trips | 5 Disney Cruises | Disney Dream & Fantasy Pre- Inaugural
Florida Dreamin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #37
DizDaddy
DIS Veteran

Selo was our head server.
Tomislav from Croatia was our server.
Bien from Phillipines was our asst server.
All were great and now are Facebook friends.

We've also had other great servers....and really value the relationships we developed with them.

Disney Magic - 2/27/2010 - Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Epic - 9/4/2010 - Western Caribbean
Disney Fantasy - 5/19/2012 Eastern Caribbean
Disney Fantasy - 5/24/2014 Western Caribbean
DizDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #38
o4me2playn
Obsessed with the Mouse!

Fantasy Servers

We did a B-2-B - Oct 6th & Oct 13th.

Our Servers were Percy from Peru & Katarina from Serbia - LOVED THEM so much on the first cruise, we requested them for the second one.

o4me2playn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #39
EskiLvr
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizons1983 View Post
Another vote here for Anson and Buddi!! We had them 9/22-9/29 and they were fantastic!!!
Anson got promoted! We had him as our assistant server on the Dream, and absolutely adored him (we sporadically keep I touch with him). My older songs deaf in one ear, and noisy dining rooms can be too much for his hearing aid to compensate for - Anson was *awesome* with him (and the rest of us too). We're requesting him for our cruise in March!
DVC Since 2008... BCV - 6/08, VLW - 10/09, Royal Pacific and SSR - 7/10... 5 Night Dream Double Dip - 7/11, 7 Night Fantasy Western - 3/13… Family Getaway to SSR Treehouses, June 2014... Counting down to an Alaskan Anniversary Cruise - July 2015!

EskiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #40
aliron682
Mouseketeer

Well I am too late for OP request for female servers, but I had to say we had Leeandra (Trinidad) and Sunny (Thailand) on our Thanksgiving cruise and they were wonderful with our group of 14. Our other real treat was to have Wemick as our head server! It took us the first night to realize he was our server on our first cruise in 2008! That was my favorite part of our cruise.....seeing him again. I have always said it is because of him and assistant server Genesis that we continue to cruise DCL.

"If we all threw our problems in a pile and then saw everyone else's; we would grab ours back"
aliron682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #41
meganleeannf
Earning My Ears

I went on my very first disney cruise just last week. I was lucky enough to have 4 servers, since our family switched our dinner time to 8:15. First we had Head Server, Naya, and assistant server, Horie. Both were wonderful with the kids in our family. When we switched, we had Deniz from Turkey and LaTroy from Jamaica. They were fantastic with the kids as well. I was lucky enough to be serenaded by LaTroy at our last dinner! Deniz was very sweet and stayed on top of our orders every night. I would love to have them again in the future
meganleeannf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: