Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #271
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznygurl View Post
I'm getting ready to place an order with Walmart. I'm just curious if ya'll are including your reservation numbers on shipping address? I saw a post from a while back saying it wasn't a good idea. But I'm concerned my package will not find me without it
Disney recommends that you do not include it for security reasons. Just include your name and the name of the resort. It will either get delivered to the front desk or the business shipping office, depending on the resort. You'll be able to pick it up there based on your name.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #272
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran
 
tripletsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 923

Just had our items delivered to our room here at Art of Animation. Everything went smoothly ordering through Walmart and just putting our name, no reservation number.
__________________
Me DH DD8 DD8 DD8DS 6 months
tripletsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #273
Leshaface
DIS Veteran
 
Leshaface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central, CA
Posts: 4,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama View Post
Just had our items delivered to our room here at Art of Animation. Everything went smoothly ordering through Walmart and just putting our name, no reservation number.
Thanks for updating this. Was worried about not fitting reservation number on the shipping but glad that it worked without it!
__________________


DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #274
dznygurl
Mouseketeer
 
dznygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez

Disney recommends that you do not include it for security reasons. Just include your name and the name of the resort. It will either get delivered to the front desk or the business shipping office, depending on the resort. You'll be able to pick it up there based on your name.
Thanks!
__________________
ME DH
DS17 DD14 DS9 :

1989 1st trip to WDW
2000 POFQ (Thanksgiving)
2002 POR (4th of July)
2006 Silver Lakes Resort (Mardi Gras)
2009 Windsor Hills (Mardi Gras)
2010 AKL (just the girls)
2012 AoA (Thanksgiving)
dznygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #275
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer
 
ChelleyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznygurl View Post
I'm getting ready to place an order with Walmart. I'm just curious if ya'll are including your reservation numbers on shipping address? I saw a post from a while back saying it wasn't a good idea. But I'm concerned my package will not find me without it
How did it go placing your order with Walmart? I'm about too, but I'm concerned b/c my arrival date and full name of the hotel aren't showing up in the address. It's like it's too long and the site cut off the last 5-8 characters.
__________________
ChelleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #276
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran
 
tripletsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 923

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleyB

How did it go placing your order with Walmart? I'm about too, but I'm concerned b/c my arrival date and full name of the hotel aren't showing up in the address. It's like it's too long and the site cut off the last 5-8 characters.
Yes, that's what happened to me too. Our Walmart order arrived at Art of Animation with no problems.
__________________
Me DH DD8 DD8 DD8DS 6 months
tripletsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #277
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer
 
ChelleyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama View Post
Yes, that's what happened to me too. Our Walmart order arrived at Art of Animation with no problems.
Thank you for letting me know! I'll go ahead and order then
__________________
ChelleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #278
ksromack
DIS Veteran
 
ksromack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,616

I placed my Walmart order 2 weeks before our arrival date.....now I have confirmation that part of my order has already been delivered and we don't arrive for 8 days. Do you think they will hold everything for me at POR? It does make you wonder how much space they have to hold stuff like that!
__________________
ksromack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #279
dznygurl
Mouseketeer
 
dznygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleyB

How did it go placing your order with Walmart? I'm about too, but I'm concerned b/c my arrival date and full name of the hotel aren't showing up in the address. It's like it's too long and the site cut off the last 5-8 characters.
I didn't include my arrival date. Just put my name and the resort address. No problems at all!
__________________
ME DH
DS17 DD14 DS9 :

1989 1st trip to WDW
2000 POFQ (Thanksgiving)
2002 POR (4th of July)
2006 Silver Lakes Resort (Mardi Gras)
2009 Windsor Hills (Mardi Gras)
2010 AKL (just the girls)
2012 AoA (Thanksgiving)
dznygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #280
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer
 
wishicouldgomoreofte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Too far from the magic.
Posts: 1,207

How do you ship a suitcase?

Without reading the whole thread, how do you ship a suitcase, not a box of stuff? Do you have to put the suitcase in a box? Do something special to the suitcase in any way? You know how you cannot lock a suitcase when flying---they cut them off, even my special TSA special lock!!!
With ground shipping, anyone can go through my suitcase at any point.
I will be flying back, and want to just take suitcase back with me, not mess with trying to ship a box back, and waste valuable vacation time, not to mention I won't have a car.
Has anyone shipped a suitcase? UPS?
__________________
wishicouldgomoreofte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #281
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran
 
su_A_ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
Without reading the whole thread, how do you ship a suitcase, not a box of stuff? Do you have to put the suitcase in a box? Do something special to the suitcase in any way? You know how you cannot lock a suitcase when flying---they cut them off, even my special TSA special lock!!!
With ground shipping, anyone can go through my suitcase at any point.
I will be flying back, and want to just take suitcase back with me, not mess with trying to ship a box back, and waste valuable vacation time, not to mention I won't have a car.
Has anyone shipped a suitcase? UPS?
Incorrect - If you use a TSA approved lock, it will NOT be cut-off. They have master keys to open them. And you will have a note inside stating it was inspected. If you would have a lock cut off, you could file a claim.

To mail a suitcase, you can lock it and mail it. There's no reason you need to put it in a box. You will slap the mailing sticker on it however. But, depending on the weight, it might not be worth it.
__________________
'77, '84, '94, '00 (SWW) - Off site
'01 (BC), '03 (ASMu), '05 (BC), '06 (YC), '08 (YC), '08 (CSR Xmas),
'09 (CSR), '10 (BC), '10 (CSR Xmas), '11 (BC), '11 (CSR), '12 (5n Dream DD),
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #282
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer
 
wishicouldgomoreofte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Too far from the magic.
Posts: 1,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Incorrect - If you use a TSA approved lock, it will NOT be cut-off. They have master keys to open them. And you will have a note inside stating it was inspected. If you would have a lock cut off, you could file a claim.

To mail a suitcase, you can lock it and mail it. There's no reason you need to put it in a box. You will slap the mailing sticker on it however. But, depending on the weight, it might not be worth it.
Well not to argue with you su A ve, but I have had a special TSA approved lock cut off. I know they have keys and are supposed to use them, but they didn't in my case. I did not file a claim, but will not buy one again either.
They have also cut a lock off my daughters suitcase that wasn't even locked, just open. And yes, I have the inspection certificates inside. I think they don't even look at the lock, just cut it because they can and it is there.
__________________
wishicouldgomoreofte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #283
Leshaface
DIS Veteran
 
Leshaface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central, CA
Posts: 4,693

Okkaaayy..

So I ordered some water and diapers last week to be shipped to AKV and they were separated into two shipments (expected that).

Anyways, just checked on the water, and it said it was delivered yesterday...in KISSIMMEE!? This is the address that I sent it to:

3701 Osceola Pkwy
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Should I call AKV and confirm that my water is there? My diapers haven't been delivered yet, but as of now, they are in Orlando.

What would you do?
__________________


DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #284
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005
 
Canadian Disney Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 955

We are arriving 12/25. I wanted to order some stuff at Disneystore.com and have it delivered to the resort (AKV). I ordered it 12/05 thinking it would take a few weeks to get there b/c of the holidays etc, but I just found out its scheduled to deliver on Tuesday 12/11.

So, my question is, will AKV hold my package until check in? Should I call the hotel? This is the shipping address I have on the parcel (along with my name of course):

HOLD FOR 12/25/2012 CHECK-IN
C/O ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS JAMBO
2901 OSCEOLA PKWY
ORLANDO, FL32830-8410

Thanks in advance
__________________
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF,BCV),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (SSR),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #285
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran
 
LucyBC80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,513

How safe is sending purchases to the hotel? I'm buying a somewhat expensive item and my plan is to have it shipped to POFQ and have it waiting for me when I arrive.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Me => Mom =>
June 2005 - 16 days offsite February 2013 - 10 days POFQ + 9 days offsite
LucyBC80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: