Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Just off the Magic yesterday and they were offering 20% off OBB of the Magic's spring sailings from the port of Galveston, in addition to the standard $100 and $200 OBC.
This is listed as new bookings only, but Damian at the desk said he'd see what he could do and reshopped our spring cruise at an $800 savings plus OBC and also got our payments wed already made. applied over. Can't hurt to ask, right?
Oh, and this was listed as non concierge only and seemed to have most sail dates for the spring.

Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
Raspberry Beret
Mouseketeer

That's a great deal!

Looks like they are having a very hard time selling those Galveston sailings. The number of discounts offered on them and the itinerary changes is crazy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
quickcat
Mouseketeer

Thats a good deal, I wish we were cruising earlier. We are going on the March 1 sailing and I dont think there are too many left after that sailing.

Did you have a fun time? We are very excited to be going on the Magic again Maybe they'll have a 20% off for a fall cruise... one can hope!
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
disneyxperts
Formerly "OH 6" on the Dis

How early does spring start? We're looking at Mid-Jan - but doubt that's covered by this. We sail in 2 weeks so could book OBB

disneyxperts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It was very nice of Damien to make the system work for you by applying all your payments. Since I doubt that you were at your penalty date, this was the right thing to do--it IS a new booking, even if he had to cancel the old one to make it so. He did it in the way that made the "paperwork"easy for you, which was great! But worst case, he could have had to do a new booking/new deposit and had you reconcile the reservations once you were home.

Funny--they can't seem to book spring Galveston, but our spring Fantasy has doubled in price since we booked it. I was checking last night about adding a person; they are working on getting pricing for me.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyxperts
How early does spring start? We're looking at Mid-Jan - but doubt that's covered by this. We sail in 2 weeks so could book OBB
I think it was nearly everything January-May. But I didn't notice if spring break week or the TA were included. Ours is an April 8 night, and I noticed January and February were available for several sailings as well.

Wish I'd taken a better pic!

I did think it was exceptionally kind of Damian. Anyone who smooths over paperwork rocks, in my book.

Oh, and they were doing a drawing of people who booked in the first half of the cruise for OBC for the current sailing. Didn't win, but I thought that was good to know.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 11-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I think it was nearly everything January-May. But I didn't notice if spring break week or the TA were included. Ours is an April 8 night, and I noticed January and February were available for several sailings as well.

Wish I'd taken a better pic!

I did think it was exceptionally kind of Damian. Anyone who smooths over paperwork rocks, in my book.

Oh, and they were doing a drawing of people who booked in the first half of the cruise for OBC for the current sailing. Didn't win, but I thought that was good to know.
The TransAtlantic is not included with the 20% special. All available sailings are on the back of that paper. (We are booked on the EBTA in May, and so I read that paper VERY closely LOL! We were on the Magic Nov 3-10 and the 20% was being offered then, looks like same flyer.) We had Kathryn onboard that week working the desk.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

The TransAtlantic is not included with the 20% special. All available sailings are on the back of that paper. (We are booked on the EBTA in May, and so I read that paper VERY closely LOL! We were on the Magic Nov 3-10 and the 20% was being offered then, looks like same flyer.) We had Kathryn onboard that week working the desk.
I only read it closely enough to notice it seemed to be most of the sailings and that my sailing was included (unlike the KSF offer).
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 11-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I only read it closely enough to notice it seemed to be most of the sailings and that my sailing was included (unlike the KSF offer).
Yep - just answering your above post about not knowing if TA was included or not I knew that one and wanted to help clarify for other readers.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:00 AM   #10
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

Yep - just answering your above post about not knowing if TA was included or not I knew that one and wanted to help clarify for other readers.
Thanks!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
KMG1969
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if the April 26 cruise is included? I am planning on booking but my travel agent did not know of a discount. Thanks.
KMG1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
mulderxcoltrane
Mouseketeer

combine with Kids Sail Free?

Does anyone have the dates that are available with this offer? Wondering if this could be combined with the Kids Sail Free offer? http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/dis...ruise.htm#kids
mulderxcoltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulderxcoltrane View Post
Does anyone have the dates that are available with this offer? Wondering if this could be combined with the Kids Sail Free offer? http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/dis...ruise.htm#kids
No, this offer is considered an onboard booking offer by DCL. The Kids free offer is a seperate DCL offer. You can only have one of those applied to a reservation.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #14
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1969
Does anyone know if the April 26 cruise is included? I am planning on booking but my travel agent did not know of a discount. Thanks.
Yes. I'm the OP and that's the cruise we rebooked.

However, you must book onboard.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 11-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

I wish they'd have been offering it when we were on the 10/13 sailing and I've have rebooked too...oh well...I may have to see if it's still being offered when we go in February, although by then the discount may not be worth it, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: