Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
MomtoBJSF
Mouseketeer

Just got back yesterday!!!

We had a great 5 day trip, I was worried it would be too short, but it was absolutely perfect, we felt like we were there forever, we got to do everything the kids wanted to do, thanks to our 8am ADR's.

We ate at Ohana, Crystal palace, TREX, Les Chefs de France, CTR, H&V, BOG, Via Napoli .

Ohana, yes the food did come quickly, and the dumplings were a little dry, but we loved it, we had a big group, our waiter.waitress were great, very attentive to us, the meats were tender, and the rest of the food was not bad at all, will definitely do again.

Crystal palace, was good, the Characters were great, kids loved it, but was not impressed with the food at all, in fact the waffles were dried.

TRex-, was so yummy, way better than Rain forrest, but very noisy, but great atmosphere kids loved it.

BOG Lunch- was not bad at all, the place itself is absolutely gorgeous, the kids did not care for the menu beside the cupcakes, everyone was super nice. but don't we will not be eating there again any time soon.

Les Chefs De france dinner- was awful, I think this was our most horrible over priced meal, and our waitress was very snotty, the only thing that was good was the french onion soup, we will not be going back there.

CTR Breakfast- our interaction with Cinderella was good, the food was not bad, I don't think it's worth the price at all. our waitress was awful, we asked for a kids meal for my 2 year, she said all she could bring us was a couple of french toast sticks, I said we wanted a kids meal, she said they would charge us for an entree, so I told her we would like to speak to the manager to remind them of their policy that is listed, she then said, fine we'll bring him a meal. the meals were plentiful, never asked for 2nds or anything, but the food was not very impressive for the price.

H&V Breakfast-was really good, actually we liked it better than Crystal palace, the characters were awesome, kids loved it, and best part, it was early enough that we were able to sign DS up for Jeti academy/ fast pass for Toy story mania, so win win for us, kids had a blast.

on our last day we park hopped from MK to Epcot, we just wanted to walk around, and relaxed, we ended up at Via Napoli, and walked in and asked if they had a table for 5, and sure enough they did, it was 3;30 pm, pizza was great, not the best we ever had but it was good, kids loved the Fried calamari, and dessert, and our waitress was awesome, so it was a great experience.

all in all we are happy with our dinning experience, we did not do the DDP, we used our TIW, we loved the freedom of TIW, we ate when and where we wanted, and did not feel stuffed at all, so we are completely done with the DDP. When we asked the kids what was their favorite meal, they all claimed Via Napoli, so I think we may do away with all character meals from now on. DS#1 wants to go back for his 7th birthday in August, and DH said yes, , I know the weather will be awful, so not sure yet.
DH , Me , DS#1 ,DD ,DS#2,
MomtoBJSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoBJSF View Post
We had a great 5 day trip, I was worried it would be too short, but it was absolutely perfect, we felt like we were there forever, we got to do everything the kids wanted to do, thanks to our 8am ADR's.

We ate at Ohana, Crystal palace, TREX, Les Chefs de France, CTR, H&V, BOG, Via Napoli .

Ohana, yes the food did come quickly, and the dumplings were a little dry, but we loved it, we had a big group, our waiter.waitress were great, very attentive to us, the meats were tender, and the rest of the food was not bad at all, will definitely do again.

Crystal palace, was good, the Characters were great, kids loved it, but was not impressed with the food at all, in fact the waffles were dried.

TRex-, was so yummy, way better than Rain forrest, but very noisy, but great atmosphere kids loved it.

BOG Lunch- was not bad at all, the place itself is absolutely gorgeous, the kids did not care for the menu beside the cupcakes, everyone was super nice. but don't we will not be eating there again any time soon.

Les Chefs De france dinner- was awful, I think this was our most horrible over priced meal, and our waitress was very snotty, the only thing that was good was the french onion soup, we will not be going back there.

CTR Breakfast- our interaction with Cinderella was good, the food was not bad, I don't think it's worth the price at all. our waitress was awful, we asked for a kids meal for my 2 year, she said all she could bring us was a couple of french toast sticks, I said we wanted a kids meal, she said they would charge us for an entree, so I told her we would like to speak to the manager to remind them of their policy that is listed, she then said, fine we'll bring him a meal. the meals were plentiful, never asked for 2nds or anything, but the food was not very impressive for the price.

H&V Breakfast-was really good, actually we liked it better than Crystal palace, the characters were awesome, kids loved it, and best part, it was early enough that we were able to sign DS up for Jeti academy/ fast pass for Toy story mania, so win win for us, kids had a blast.

on our last day we park hopped from MK to Epcot, we just wanted to walk around, and relaxed, we ended up at Via Napoli, and walked in and asked if they had a table for 5, and sure enough they did, it was 3;30 pm, pizza was great, not the best we ever had but it was good, kids loved the Fried calamari, and dessert, and our waitress was awesome, so it was a great experience.

all in all we are happy with our dinning experience, we did not do the DDP, we used our TIW, we loved the freedom of TIW, we ate when and where we wanted, and did not feel stuffed at all, so we are completely done with the DDP. When we asked the kids what was their favorite meal, they all claimed Via Napoli, so I think we may do away with all character meals from now on. DS#1 wants to go back for his 7th birthday in August, and DH said yes, , I know the weather will be awful, so not sure yet.
Sounds like you had a great experience!

For our upcoming trip in April, we too are not doing the DDP (after 3 years in a row having done it) in favor of TiW. My kids have done just about all of the character meals and are never impressed with the food, so we just have CRT breakfast planned as far as character meals on our next trip. I am also excited that we only have a a total of 5 ADR's for our 11 day trip!!! FREEEEEDOOOMMMM!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

Our trips overlapped. We got back on Monday. We have also given up on the DP. It just isn't worth it anymore. I always felt like I had to eat so much. We also have TiW and love it.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Nice review

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: