Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
CandCMommy
Mouseketeer

Double Dip Castaway Cay and/or New Year's Eve Sailing vets

We are on this years Castaway Cay Double Dip New Year's Eve sailing and received an email from Disney that said there were no formal nights on our itinerary. Is this really the case? I've done three night cruises before that had a formal night. I just don't want to get down there and find out we really did need formal wear. Am I to assume it's cruise casual all week? Here is the direct line from the email:
Your voyage does not include any formal evenings.

Also, does anyone know if It's a Small World Nursery is open on New Year's Eve? Online it shows it closing at 9pm but staying open until Midnight on January 1st. That seems kinda backwards to me. Any previous cruisers have experience with this?

I cannot believe we are sailing in 29 days and leaving in 23! Oh my, better get to work on my packing list!

CandCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandCMommy View Post
We are on this years Castaway Cay Double Dip New Year's Eve sailing and received an email from Disney that said there were no formal nights on our itinerary. Is this really the case? I've done three night cruises before that had a formal night. I just don't want to get down there and find out we really did need formal wear. Am I to assume it's cruise casual all week? Here is the direct line from the email:
Your voyage does not include any formal evenings.

Also, does anyone know if It's a Small World Nursery is open on New Year's Eve? Online it shows it closing at 9pm but staying open until Midnight on January 1st. That seems kinda backwards to me. Any previous cruisers have experience with this?

I cannot believe we are sailing in 29 days and leaving in 23! Oh my, better get to work on my packing list!
Which cruise are you on? The Dream 3 & 4 night cruises don't have a formal night. There is a "dress up optional" night.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
CandCMommy
Mouseketeer

We are actually on the 5 night Dream cruise that departs December 28th. Should I assume that the 5 night follows the same "dress up optional" night as the 3 & 4 night cruises?

CandCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Which cruise are you on? The Dream 3 & 4 night cruises don't have a formal night. There is a "dress up optional" night.

And a lot, and I mean a LOT, of people on my recent 4 night Dream cruise dressed up. Many were having pictures taken, I'm sure for holiday cards. It really is up to you. I don't think those people minded that everyone wasn't dressed for the Ritz, and I didn't mind that they were.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
lucky1
Face Character

Don't know.. we were on a 7 Night NYE cruise and "Formal" night was NYE.
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandCMommy View Post
We are actually on the 5 night Dream cruise that departs December 28th. Should I assume that the 5 night follows the same "dress up optional" night as the 3 & 4 night cruises?
Sorry, can't say for sure. I know that some past 5 night cruises (different itineraries) had a semi-formal night. I would think if DCL sent you an email saying there isn't going to be a formal night, I'd go with that.

My "just in case" outfit for fancy nights is a pair of black dress slacks and a sparkley top.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
SnowWhite2
DIS Veteran

We were on the 5 day double dip Dream NYE cruise last year. Formal night (or semi-formal, not sure what it was called) was on NYE. Those who dressed up did so on NYE. Do whatever you feel comfortable with for your cruise.

December 28, 2014 NYE Magic
November 10, 2014 Dream double-dip
June 9, 2014 Alaska Wonder
December 28, 2013 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2012 NYE Fantasy
December 29, 2011 NYE Dream
December 26, 2009 NYE Magic
December 20, 2008 Christmas Magic
February 2, 2008 Eastern Magic
February 3, 2007 Eastern Magic
April 15, 2006 Western Magic
February 2003 Eastern Magic
SnowWhite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
Ky Cruisin
Mouseketeer

I have seen this conversation several places on the forum..all of the past NYE cruises we have taken with DCL NYE was formal night, but they have all been 7 night cruises. I called CS not once but twice to confirm....Pirate night will be Dec.30th and formal night will be Dec.31st. I too did not want to pack and order formalwear if it wasn't needed, but have been assured that this correct. Can't imagine NYE and not dressing up..but should be fun after spending all day at Atlantis. It's just around the corner!!
Ky Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
geoly1
Earning My Ears

Hi! We are on this cruise with extended family & we are dressing up for nye! Also found out that pirate nite is on day 2 (sail day) have fun!!!
geoly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
orum
Earning My Ears

I received an email this week stating that Pirate Night had been moved to the 29th.

I also called Disney Cruise Line yesterday because of the confusion on NYE. They said that NYE would be a formal night and they had just gotten the information. I told them that we had all received an email that there was no formal night. The thought we would receive a new email shortly.

Also, this coversation has been going on at the end of the cruise meet up thread here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2764188

Dan
orum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: