Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #556
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
So happy I convinced DS19 to study at home for his final this afternoon. There is an armed intruder on the university campus and it is completely locked down. I would be in full panic mode if he wasn't sitting here in the couch with me!!!!! Sometimes this world is a scary place.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Quote:
Screaming ranting about to begin.....I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO DISNEY THIS WEEKEND WITH MY DD!!!!! She pushes me to tears all the time and right now I feel like I want to run away. The thought of spending 3 hours in the truck on Saturday and then cooped up in a hotel room with her makes me have an anxiety attack!!!! Sorry I am just beyond rational thought right now

Oh my goodness...what a day you are having!

Very happy (and relieved) your DS is home with you. I don't understand where all the crazies are coming from the last few years. It's like the keys were thrown away at the nuthouse and everyone is running free.

I think most of us know how our children can push every button until we're ready to pull out our hair - or theirs! But I pray things will calm down and the ride will be better than expected. Good advise...take a deep breath (actually, take several deep cleansing breaths!)...and walk away for a while, if possible.

We're all sending loads of dust in hopes some magic will happen asap!

More

Old 11-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #557
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

I'm so sorry. Just remember to take a deep breath. Hopefully, things will get better, and we will be able to enjoy your WDW trip.
The problem is the deep breaths turn into hyperventilating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana

Oh my goodness...what a day you are having!

Very happy (and relieved) your DS is home with you. I don't understand where all the crazies are coming from the last few years. It's like the keys were thrown away at the nuthouse and everyone is running free.

I think most of us know how our children can push every button until we're ready to pull out our hair - or theirs! But I pray things will calm down and the ride will be better than expected. Good advise...take a deep breath (actually, take several deep cleansing breaths!)...and walk away for a while, if possible.

More
Never a dull moment for sure!!!!

DS' professor emailed the class and told them to try to get near campus so that if the all clear comes they can still take their final. So DS went to Barnes and Nobles and waited and sure enough at exam time thee was an all clear and they are starting the final half hour late. Glad he Went to that side of town. As for DD I'm just trying keep my distance

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #558
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
The problem is the deep breaths turn into hyperventilating

Very true. I'm having that problem with my 15 yr old right now. I've asked him for weeks if he had homework, and he keeps telling me no. I just got off the phone with his English teacher and he hasn't been doing work for an easy project due tomorrow. Getting him to work on it is like pulling individual hairs out of my DH's beard with a tweezer instead of shaving it with a razor.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #559
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Just had to come give my friend Melissa a BIG I forget the ages of your kiddos -- but I am guessing since DS was doing a final, they may be in those scary teen yrs?? Kids can definitely push those buttons very easily!! I know my 2 boys have sure tested me at times, and I just didn't want to be anywhere near them for fear of what I'd say or do! We understand! I hope DD gets her act together and starts acting in a much nicer manner for you ASAP! So glad to hear DS was safe! that's so scary..... I am glad it didn't amount to anything more serious!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #560
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Screaming ranting about to begin.....I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO DISNEY THIS WEEKEND WITH MY DD!!!!! She pushes me to tears all the time and right now I feel like I want to run away. The thought of spending 3 hours in the truck on Saturday and then cooped up in a hotel room with her makes me have an anxiety attack!!!! Sorry I am just beyond rational thought right now

Aww sweetie! It sounds like you have your hands full with that little one. I can somewhat relate. My DD6 is definitely my tough one. It's hard though because DD8 is literally the model child.

My DD6 likes to push buttons and is really good at it, with all of us in the house. It's like she just gets in the mood to be in a mood and she will not stop until she is good and ready.

I was actually irritated upon picking her up at school today because she got mad that I picked her up before she could finish a game she was playing, so that led to her laying on the floor, refusing to put on her coat (it's 32°) and refusing to sit correctly in her car seat. she then proceeded to scream loudly in the backseat on the way to pick up her sister....about halfway there, she stuck her thumb in her mouth...calmed down and was done, started having normal conversation. It's seriously like she gets possessed periodically.

It's hard being a mom

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #561
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Very true. I'm having that problem with my 15 yr old right now. I've asked him for weeks if he had homework, and he keeps telling me no. I just got off the phone with his English teacher and he hasn't been doing work for an easy project due tomorrow. Getting him to work on it is like pulling individual hairs out of my DH's beard with a tweezer instead of shaving it with a razor.
Oh , Wookie....My DS 16's favourite saying is also "I don't have anything!" only to find out weeks/ months later he's pulling the wool over my eyes yet again!! Boy, I just hope he graduates next yr. ughhh......boys!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 11-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #562
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Oh , Wookie....My DS 16's favourite saying is also "I don't have anything!" only to find out weeks/ months later he's pulling the wool over my eyes yet again!! Boy, I just hope he graduates next yr. ughhh......boys!
This is Joey's first year in high school, and the first time we've had to deal with this from him.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 11-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #563
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Thank you ladies for letting me vent. I am at a loss for words right now because my head is not in the right frame of mind but I will catch up with all of you tomorrow. HUGS!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #564
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Us mommas, we understand, Melissa... we toe.tall.eeee understand. Glad your oldest was home with you. The world can be such a scary, crazy place.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #565
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you ladies for letting me vent. I am at a loss for words right now because my head is not in the right frame of mind but I will catch up with all of you tomorrow. HUGS!
Sending you extra hugs, what a day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Us mommas, we understand, Melissa... we toe.tall.eeee understand. Glad your oldest was home with you. The world can be such a scary, crazy place.
You said it well, Missout.
Very scary, indeed. Here's hoping for a nice, peaceful day tomorrow, Melissa.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #566
letthewookiewin

Quote:

I hope things get better tomorrow.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #567
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
janet, Magic and Grumpy Grandma, while you three are risking your lives and sanity on multiple ToT rides I will be the calm, peaceful one on a bench watching the HS street shows

HMMM, marshmallow toss, sounds like a plan

My DH and I know what we are getting eachother for Christmas...no, not a vacation, a new septic system
JC,
I am sorry you are having to get a new septic system, how annoying!
I hope you have a lovely new years, you guys so deserve a wonderful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Good morning to all of you.

Yay, it's Ginny. I kept missing you between posts! That little 5 button lighting up has its own special sorta magic.

Aww..Hi Missout! It's good to be back. It's taken me a bit of time to get my act together, laundry, bills, Thanksgiving, now Christmas. Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
If it helps, the only part of my ever-changing ressie that I have had no urge to change is my YC. I'm super excited for it.
You guys are going to have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Peeps!!

One more day to TGIF!!
Hi Janet, I love one day to TGIF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

Loads of pixie dust and tink has to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Marie, Kids...what makes them think that homework assignments are some vague suggestion, not required???

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
This is Joey's first year in high school, and the first time we've had to deal with this from him.
Hang in there!

I always enjoy the RC thread. What a nice group of ladies!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #568
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Melissa We've all been there.

Here's to a better tomorrow and an even better weekend!

Quick hi to everyone else . I hope I have more time to chat tomorrow. Today went by waaaaay to quickly. I hate when real life gets in the way of my interwebz friends
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #569
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Oh Melissa: I can totally relate, I had such a day with my DD6 yesterday. I ended up crying myself a few times after they were all at school. It is so hard being a parent, and a mom to boot. We seem to take a lot of the blows from the kiddos. Hang in there, tomorrow will be better for you all. And your Disney trip will be magical. It will.

Candace: I am right there with you too. It must be the age. Or something....
Old 11-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #570
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh Melissa: I can totally relate, I had such a day with my DD6 yesterday. I ended up crying myself a few times after they were all at school. It is so hard being a parent, and a mom to boot. We seem to take a lot of the blows from the kiddos. Hang in there, tomorrow will be better for you all. And your Disney trip will be magical. It will.

Candace: I am right there with you too. It must be the age. Or something....
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Today is a new day.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: