Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #16
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

Do any of the Cat V rooms even connect? I know I booked my parents, sister and I in 2 Cat 4Bs because we needed 2 rooms with the connecting door and I did not see anything on the plans that indicated I could do that with 2 Cat Vs. I think Cat Vs connect to Cat Ts.

For us, even if some of the Cat Vs do connect, it would not work right now as there is only 1 accessible Cat V and I am not sure if I like the view/location based on the pictures I have seen.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney
tobikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #17
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobikaye View Post
Do any of the Cat V rooms even connect? I know I booked my parents, sister and I in 2 Cat 4Bs because we needed 2 rooms with the connecting door and I did not see anything on the plans that indicated I could do that with 2 Cat Vs. I think Cat Vs connect to Cat Ts.

For us, even if some of the Cat Vs do connect, it would not work right now as there is only 1 accessible Cat V and I am not sure if I like the view/location based on the pictures I have seen.
You are right. There are no Cat. Vs that connect to another Cat. V. They only connect to Cat. Ts and there are two that connect to Cat. Rs. So there is no chance for the OP to book connecting Cat. Vs.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #18
all5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobikaye View Post

No Cat V's connect to another V. Only to either a Cat T (one bedroom) or a Cat R (Royal Suite).
Old 11-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #19
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

Are you truly sold on being in Concierge? Honestly, for the amount of time you spend in the room or the concierge lounge, its probably not worth it. We've stayed concierge, and while most people say "once you go concierge, you won't want to go back", we don't feel that way. It was nice, just not THAT nice...lol. I would rather be in 2 connecting verandah rooms on a different deck than be separated from my husband on a cruise!
Our family is just 4 of us, but we are now sold on always having connecting cabins. We did connecting verandahs on the Fantasy in June, and then connecting inside rooms on the Dream in August. Our kids love having their own "room".
Good luck deciding!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #20
cwbagne
Mouseketeer

We, too, have gone Concierge in a Family Room with 4 - Cat V on The Dream. But, this last cruise on The Fantasy, we did 2 connecting 4C rooms on deck 7 and will NEVER go back to Concierge. We had 2 bathrooms, 2 decks, and so much more space!! We were closer to EVERYTHING! We kept the connecting door open all the time. My husband and I stayed in one room and our 2 children LOVED having their own room. Plenty of room for everyone. We will always cruise with 2 connecting rooms on deck 7 mid-ship!! Saves a ton of money, too!!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #21
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpack View Post
I booked two concierge rooms (category V) on a 7-night cruise on the Fantasy for my family of six. Unfortunately, I was not able to get adjoining rooms. The rooms are directly across from each other (they are on either size of the concierge lounge). I've been calling periodically to see if any adjoining rooms in that category have become available and today I was told there is a category T (one bedroom suite) room right next to one of our V rooms. Problem is, it will cost $4,000 more to book that room. I want to go for it, but my husband is not in agreement and says being in different rooms is not a big deal. He thinks the kids will have fun "visiting" different rooms and it also allows us to see different sights (since we will have access to a room on the port and starboard side). Our kids are small (ages 5 to 10).

Any info that might help change his mind would be appreciated. Or, any information that might ease my concerns about having separate rooms would help too. Thanks!
Pretty easy answer. If you want to stay in concierge and want connecting staterooms.. jump at the Cat T and Cat V connecting.

Cat Vs don't connect to each other, just with the suites. With the age of your kids, you could probably all fit in a 1BR or RS, but don't think DCL will let you book 6 in either.

Enjoy your concierge cruise.. For us it is totally worth it. It is a totally different cruise in concierge.. so much more relaxing and everything is taken care of for you. My wife loves the concierge lounge with the free lattes.. Snacks are always available.. And if you get a 1BR, you can order dinner from any of the MDRs and have it delivered to your room.
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #22
Sixpack
Earning My Ears

Okay, so I called back concierge because clearly you all are correct that there are NO category V that are connecting (a quick search revealed that). Apparently, each time I called I used the term "adjoining" to refer to the rooms I'd like. Adjoining (and the rep is correct as I looked up the definition of the word during our call) means "next to" not "connecting." So, all this time I was calling back, they assumed I wanted rooms next to each other and just figured I knew that there were no category V "connecting" rooms. I. kid. you. not.

I was initally annoyed by that, but I was sloppy with the terminology, I suppose. And, my situation is still the same, so why bother getting annoyed. But, really--a family of six MUST book a 1 bedroom suite if they want to be in connecting concierge rooms? Am I understanding this correctly? That seems odd to me.

Anyway, I really think we need "connecting" rooms, after hearing what you all have to say. I will discuss with DH some more and hopefully convince him! Time is the resource we have in least supply, so I figure it's worth the extra money to ensure our week is perfect! If I can't convince him or it's gone by the time I do, we'll probably just downgrade. Wish me luck!
Sixpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #23
Gatrcruzer
Mouseketeer

Downgrade! You will save soooo much money. And you won't miss what you've never had. You get a few nice perks with concierge, but most people manage to have wonderful, relaxing cruises without having a concierge or access to the lounge. We never needed a concierge on our cruise, so I'm so glad we didn't pay extra. You will feel so much better to have the connecting rooms, and more importantly, it won't cause a fight with your husband!
Gatrcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #24
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The concierge folks are who I called. I'm slightly annoyed that all these months they wouldn't just keep my name on a list to call me if they had an adjoining room available. They said I just need to call every now and then and check. This is the first time I called that they actually had anything. She said every single category V room is now booked and we are still several a months out! Crazy how fast they fill up!
Did you book with a TA? For us this it one of the advantages of using a TA besides the extra onboard credit. Whenever we have wanted a cruise and they don't have the room we are looking for he will call and keep checking for us. We just let him know what we want.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #25
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was initally annoyed by that, but I was sloppy with the terminology, I suppose. And, my situation is still the same, so why bother getting annoyed. But, really--a family of six MUST book a 1 bedroom suite if they want to be in connecting concierge rooms? Am I understanding this correctly? That seems odd to me.

It is an odd thing and this is one of the few advantages to the concierge suites on the classic ships. Even the Royal on the Dream/Fantasy can only accommodate 5 while on the classics it is 8. Maybe Disney just decided that there for this demographic adding the whole new category of the non-suite concierge room was a better choice then a 2 bedroom suite.

For us concierge is generally worth it, but we don't have a party of 6 yet either. But I agree that even though concierge is nice having connecting or close rooms to your kids is a must.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
hbg4
Ask me where I'm going on my next vacation ? Disney World of course

I agree that with such a young family you should have connecting cabins. I don't think it would be much of a vacation if my DH and children were sleeping somewhere else. If you can afford it go with the Cat T and v cabins or downgrade to 2 connecting cabins in a another category. All 6 of you cramped in 1 small verandah cabin is not "cool", I'm sure that's why DCL does not sell their cabins that way.
6 cruises on Disney Magic
9 cruises on Disney Dream
2 cruises on Disney Wonder
1 cruise on the Disney Fantasy
hbg4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: