DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

If I book two studios, can I get them side-by-side?

We are taking my sister's family this summer, and we would like our rooms to be side-by-side so that we can have the kids watch TV in one room prior to sleep and the adults can chat a bit in the next.

Will Disney allow us to get the rooms together? I figure that they will let us put in a request, but I am wondering what the odds are that the request is honored.
rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

You can request it but there are no guarantees. Which resort is it? I know OKW has very few studios next to each other because they are all Lockoffs. BWV has several studios next to each other in the village green area.
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
drusba

DIS Veteran

I don't know the chances of actually getting that request. I do know that at BWV there are a lot of studios next to each other. BWV has a number of dedicated studios next to each other and then the 2BR lock-offs tend to be aligned so that studios are next to each other and the 1BRs are next to each other -- for example the order of rooms will be 1BR then its connecting studio, then another studio, then it's connecting 1BR, then a 1BR ... etc. A number of the AKV 2BR lock-offs have similar arrangement.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgers1 View Post
We are taking my sister's family this summer, and we would like our rooms to be side-by-side so that we can have the kids watch TV in one room prior to sleep and the adults can chat a bit in the next.

Will Disney allow us to get the rooms together? I figure that they will let us put in a request, but I am wondering what the odds are that the request is honored.
You know they will not connect to each other, right?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #5
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

When you put your request in, both of you put "travelling with (names)" along with your request to be next to each other. Surprisingly when I called MS to request this once they said it could not be done. After we got the resort we were happy and pleasantly surprised that the rooms were next to each other. Enjoy your trip!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You know they will not connect to each other, right?
As Deb & Bill said, there are no studios that connect (interior door between them). If you are looking for connecting rooms you will have to look elsewhere. If you are set on staying at a DVC property you might want to look into a 2BR unit instead.

If you simply want adjoining studios (next to each other, no interior door between them) you may be in luck. The request for rooms to be adjoining is just that, a request. If you must have rooms side by side you may want to look into a 2BR unit instead.
MouseMomx2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
amcnj
DIS Veteran

I only requested this one time, asking for a 2 bedroom and studio as close to each other as possible, and they were in the same building, but not real close together. I guess it all depends on what is available when you check in. Good luck!
amcnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
momto3pirates
DIS Veteran

We were very fortunate for our Thanksgiving trip. Booked a 2 bdrm and 2 studios. The studios were next to each other and the 2 bdrm was across the hall. We were at AKL-Jambo. I did online check-in. When we arrived the rooms were ready. First time we have ever had our rooms ready early. We were there by 11am. The studios has a beautiful Savannah view. Of course my family was in the 2 brdm with a fabulous parking lot view.
2005-Port Orleans Riverside
2006-summer-All Star Sports,Thanksgiving-AS Music
2007-Adults only anniversary trip-AKL
2008- summer PoP
2009-summer-AKV,MNSSHP-SSR
2010-summer at BLT,Thanksgiving at POP
2011-summer at BLT, Thanksgiving at GCH
2012-summer DLH, Thanksgiving-AKL-Jambo
2013-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-US/IOA
2014-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-AKL
momto3pirates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3pirates View Post
The studios has a beautiful Savannah view. Of course my family was in the 2 brdm with a fabulous parking lot view.
How funny!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #10
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgers1 View Post

I personally think your better option is getting a two bedroom. That way, you get the living room space and two bedrooms. We have gone on two trips with friends and it works out great. We take the Master, the other family gets the other bedroom (with two queen sized beds) and since we have more kids they spill into the living room couch sleeper.

Plus, you are guaranteed to be together.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
skelooch
DIS Veteran

Keep in mind getting 2 studios is less points per night than a 2BR. I don't think it's a problem with Disney, the two studios next to each other just have to both be available the day you check in.
BCV also has some side by side studios

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #12
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

If I had more points, I would get the 2BR, but I can't afford the points. We are going to go with just our family for week #1, and then my sister's family is joining us for week #2. We'll be tapped out of points by the end.

I guess I will put in the request and hope for the best. Even if we were across the hall, that would be fine. We just want to be nearby.
rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #13
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3pirates View Post
We were very fortunate for our Thanksgiving trip. Booked a 2 bdrm and 2 studios. The studios were next to each other and the 2 bdrm was across the hall. We were at AKL-Jambo. I did online check-in. When we arrived the rooms were ready. First time we have ever had our rooms ready early. We were there by 11am. The studios has a beautiful Savannah view. Of course my family was in the 2 brdm with a fabulous parking lot view.
Value rooms? I think values are the only rooms with a parking lot view at Jambo.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
momto3pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Value rooms? I think values are the only rooms with a parking lot view at Jambo.
Yes. All 3 rooms were value rooms. They were great for the amount of points we used. The last 2 dvc trips we were at BLT and this trip we really missed that extra bathroom. We were not bothered by the difference in size.
2005-Port Orleans Riverside
2006-summer-All Star Sports,Thanksgiving-AS Music
2007-Adults only anniversary trip-AKL
2008- summer PoP
2009-summer-AKV,MNSSHP-SSR
2010-summer at BLT,Thanksgiving at POP
2011-summer at BLT, Thanksgiving at GCH
2012-summer DLH, Thanksgiving-AKL-Jambo
2013-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-US/IOA
2014-summer VGC, Thanksgiving-AKL
momto3pirates is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread