Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #541
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
It is a hard decision for sure. I know in DH's heart he wants the kids to love CR this weekend but he really hopes not as much as YC. We do spend most of our time at MK but it just feels like the Epcot resort area is its own little town. I'll be making my decision this weekend on which Feb res I am keeping. I think your kids will love staying over there and having SAB at their toes not to mention beaches and cream!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks Melissa! Unfortunately my YC stay was due to the fact we were walked from RPC...but the YC CL staff were amazing. And we have never seen Illuminations at Epcot, to be able to walk "home " after...perfect (not to mention grabbing a slushie as well) The pool itself will make the kids SO happy... I think I will change...now to CL or not to CL DH really isn't feeling the Grand..maybe it's rubbing off on me too
Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #542
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
For $13 more a night (per room) I can get YC CL...for $57 less a night regular YC....The Epcot resorts ARE more convenient...we had a horrible monorail experience leaving MK after MVMCP, we could've taken the boat...but it was chilly....so all in all..I am thinking we are there for a week...where will have the best experience??? The kids haven't stayed on the other side....We haven't done Epcot as a family in forever!!! I am completely torn right now....
Pas, hoping you book where you and your dear family will be happiest!

About YC/CL...I admit I am easily entertained. It is too funny to me that the key to the world card is now kind of an elevator magic wand. All you do is wave it over the magic strip in the elevator, suddenly the "5" lights upon it's own...Whoosh, you're transported to the 5th floor.

And I so agree about the YC/CL staff. They were just wonderful to me a few weeks ago.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #543
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Melissa! Unfortunately my YC stay was due to the fact we were walked from RPC...but the YC CL staff were amazing. And we have never seen Illuminations at Epcot, to be able to walk "home " after...perfect (not to mention grabbing a slushie as well) The pool itself will make the kids SO happy... I think I will change...now to CL or not to CL DH really isn't feeling the Grand..maybe it's rubbing off on me too
The snack room would soften the blow to the kiddos who were rooting for the Grand...just sayin...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #544
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Pas, hoping you book where you and your dear family will be happiest!

About YC/CL...I admit I am easily entertained. It is too funny to me that the key to the world card is now kind of an elevator magic wand. All you do is wave it over the magic strip in the elevator, suddenly the "5" lights upon it's own...Whoosh, you're transported to the 5th floor.

And I so agree about the YC/CL staff. They were just wonderful to me a few weeks ago.
I am the same way with the Golden ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
The snack room would soften the blow to the kiddos who were rooting for the Grand...just sayin...
So true...and their Mommy too...It is only about $300 more than my current trip
Old 11-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #545
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Pas, back away from the phone!!! You need the voice of reason here. One bad monorail experience, we have all had them. Children's water play area, right by the beach pool, a new Gaspirillas, beautiful grounds, watching WISHES from the dock, with the EWP to follow...stay put!!!

miss, love the lego picture! Miss M is very creative

jenny, not having all the electronics isn't strange. Unless you DH is hooked on them, or their friends have them there is not reason for them to be particularly interested.

i heart the mouse, boys and their toys. Go figure, you give up RPC to save money and then he goes out and buys more games Perhaps I need to come to the Poly on 12/31 and kidnap you for an adult beverage

babyberger, WDW is looming

janet, Magic and Grumpy Grandma, while you three are risking your lives and sanity on multiple ToT rides I will be the calm, peaceful one on a bench watching the HS street shows

HMMM, marshmallow toss, sounds like a plan

My DH and I know what we are getting eachother for Christmas...no, not a vacation, a new septic system
Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #546
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning to all of you.

Quote:
Yay, it's Ginny. I kept missing you between posts! That little 5 button lighting up has its own special sorta magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Sounds like a plan. Should I start stocking up on the marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate bars, and Chambord?
This does sound like a great plan. How'd the garlic sauce turn out last night? (Oh, I did that with pepper one time... )

Remember, those phone lines are still open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
A little large but what a great view!
The back entrance!
Those are lovely pics! Thanks for posting 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So nice that they are closing in honor of my birthday!!!
They need to celebrate the birthday of the woman who stays in ALL the resorts during a single vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
And.... just like that I'm back to pricing POR

DH came home from work today grinning like the village idiot with a Wii U and 6 new games for the boys for Christmas. Apparently he was on a wait list that I knew nothing about and it came through today. Dude. I was already done shopping. Not in the budget

They already have a Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, 3DSs, an Android tablet and laptops. They need it like they need a hole in the head, but I feel like I'm being controlling and mothering if I ask him to return it.

I think he needs a flaming marshmallow flung at him. Anyone want to volunteer???

Will be back later to multi-quote, but I have to add this now.

Miss, your DD is awesome. LOVE the legos!!!!
Thanks re: the Lego. I was seriously at "grinning like the village idiot" ... oh boy. What did you decide?

Shall we start rigging up a marshmallow cannon?

Quote:
Lemme guess...YC CL....
Nailed it! Everyone is so rotten... and I just loooooove it.

Quote:
I'm bummed that I'm working for Santa..but I'm off Christmas so I shall not complain Our poor poor puppy...no rest for the Fur Princess Fever free and Bree is back to school!!! Parent teacher conference day today

If we are far enough on the beach her house should be safe from marshmallow catapults (sp?)
Yay for Bree! You know you've got nothing to worry about with that ol' conference, momma. (I only say this because I was over-the-top before ours last month and was so relieved afterward. All for naught.)

Quote:
Totally!!!

Not 100%....really not at all...I works the ER last night, and with 2 of my diehard Disney lovin buddies. As we talked about my trip and summer plans, no one was shocked I booked GF..

My friend who just had his Disneymoon at BCV was going on and on about SAB, and how much he remembered I liked YC, why am I subjecting the kids to GF....it went on, and I started thinking....

Then my other friend, who had her Disneymoon at BWV, said how much more I could do with the kids on the Epcot side...

Then I thought..hmm I could save $750 switching....but wait for a mere $50 more per day (compared to GF GV not YC SV) I could get CL

Now...do I try BC CL or stick with YC CL???

Now that I spoke with hubs there is no turning back.... or should I leave it alone..............

UUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH
Co-workers, friends, all of us here... we're all in cahoots doing a full-court press on you.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #547
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For $13 more a night (per room) I can get YC CL...for $57 less a night regular YC....The Epcot resorts ARE more convenient...we had a horrible monorail experience leaving MK after MVMCP, we could've taken the boat...but it was chilly....so all in all..I am thinking we are there for a week...where will have the best experience??? The kids haven't stayed on the other side....We haven't done Epcot as a family in forever!!! I am completely torn right now....
If it helps, the only part of my ever-changing ressie that I have had no urge to change is my YC. I'm super excited for it. I actually just tried to price doing the whole stay there but we would have to change room types so that feels too weird.

$26/nt for breakfast, snacks and drinks for 7 sounds like a steal to me! Plus SAB in the summer afternoons with Epcot evenings.... But no castle nearby that is the downside for me.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #548
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Okay I have to tell you all that I am already hooked on CL and haven't even stayed yet. I had to run into the grocery store to get DH his caffiene free sodas and a few other things and started thinking about what else I need to buy for the trip, and realized...NOTHING!!!! I DON'T need to pack bagels and cream cheese, cereals, snacks, drinks, etc! There are of course a few items that I know CL wont have but this is awesome!!!

And all this talk of YC CL has me teetering already for Feb. I rationalized my CR stay last month and talked myself out of YC CL, but you girls are a bad influence The RC gods are against me though becuase the website keeps crashing

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #549
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!!

One more day to TGIF!!

jcondrad... wonderful pictures! Thanks for posting them ... it's nice to transported away for a few minutes, when one is stuck at work ...

Pas: Not sure about dates yet, it all depends on Sam and if she joins the marching knights... so we are in a "holding" pattern...

Pas, can't believe you are considering RCing from the Grand....unless this will be taking us on a monorail circuit, changing trains and then hopping the MK back again .... whatever it will be, we'll be along for the ride!!

P.S. so happy our princess Bree is feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Janet: I thought of you as Miss M put together a HP Lego set. She also made this little concoction:
I asked her what it was and she replied, "It's Dobby and Harry roasting a zombie-head marshmallow on Harry's wand."

I don't know where she gets this stuff from.
Oh yeah! Love the picture!! I saw this last night on my phone, but as we were on our way in for our own "ron weasley" torture work out session at the Y, didn't get a chance and last night was errands and cleaning up...

Miss M has a creative mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
OK guys I am done with work and off to the shower. Next stop WDW and POFQ. I am so pooped it just may be Beignets for dinner! lol

JanetB, OF COURSE GG needs interior hallways!!!! And a day of Concierge therapy.
Magic, I would take your dinner of beignets of ours last night (tacos). Hope the boys are feeling better!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #550
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Hi IHeart!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
So nice that they are closing in honor of my birthday!!!
Just for YOU GG!!

Quote:
I guess we know when the 2012 CRO Holiday Party is being held this year-5 p.m. Monday Dec 3.
Extra nice they have most of Tuesday to recover.
Ginny... NEVER thought of a party ... just assumed it was another "enhancement" to the system ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
janet, Magic and Grumpy Grandma, while you three are risking your lives and sanity on multiple ToT rides I will be the calm, peaceful one on a bench watching the HS street shows
Let's see how I feel after the first ToT ride ... but knowing I can keep the bench warm with you will be fine by me... : then its off to TSM!

Quote:
Okay I have to tell you all that I am already hooked on CL and haven't even stayed yet. I had to run into the grocery store to get DH his caffiene free sodas and a few other things and started thinking about what else I need to buy for the trip, and realized...NOTHING!!!! I DON'T need to pack bagels and cream cheese, cereals, snacks, drinks, etc! There are of course a few items that I know CL wont have but this is awesome!!!
Almost "D" day!!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #551
babyberger
DIS Veteran

So happy I convinced DS19 to study at home for his final this afternoon. There is an armed intruder on the university campus and it is completely locked down. I would be in full panic mode if he wasn't sitting here in the couch with me!!!!! Sometimes this world is a scary place.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #552
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So happy I convinced DS19 to study at home for his final this afternoon. There is an armed intruder on the university campus and it is completely locked down. I would be in full panic mode if he wasn't sitting here in the couch with me!!!!! Sometimes this world is a scary place.

That is scary!!!! Glad DS is home.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #553
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
And.... just like that I'm back to pricing POR

DH came home from work today grinning like the village idiot with a Wii U and 6 new games for the boys for Christmas. Apparently he was on a wait list that I knew nothing about and it came through today. Dude. I was already done shopping. Not in the budget

They already have a Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, 3DSs, an Android tablet and laptops. They need it like they need a hole in the head, but I feel like I'm being controlling and mothering if I ask him to return it.

I think he needs a flaming marshmallow flung at him. Anyone want to volunteer???

Will be back later to multi-quote, but I have to add this now.

Miss, your DD is awesome. LOVE the legos!!!!
I know I have seen marshmallow shooters. (I wonder if they would shoot flaming ones?) Anyway, I'll get you one of those and come bombard your DH with them. In exchange you can give me the Wii U, so I don't have to do any Christmas shopping. The DH and I haven't even started. I'm thinking this year to go the easy route and get both DS Assassin's Creed 3. Then get the oldest DS Game Stop cards, and get the youngest a split of Game Stop and Legoland cards. Then for stocking stuffers 5lb gummy bears and 3lb gummy worms.

Quote:
Waffles anyone??? I shall return after kiddos are dropped off today..not feeling the grand last night....ugh

I have a problem
It's kinda late, but I would love a waffle....especially a MH head waffle.

Quote:
I didn't win Powerball, so no RC vaca in Key West I would have loved to have some flaming chambord marshmallows with all of you

We didn't either. My sily DH just didn't listen to my instructions yesterday. When I called him, I said to buy a ticket that would get all 6 numbers. I guess what he heard was "buy a lottery tickets that doesn't get a single number". uh...men....when will they ever listen"

Quote:

HMMM, marshmallow toss, sounds like a plan
A marshmallow toss does sound like fun

Quote:
My DH and I know what we are getting eachother for Christmas...no, not a vacation, a new septic system
It's times like that when being a grown up really stinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
This does sound like a great plan. How'd the garlic sauce turn out last night? (Oh, I did that with pepper one time... )
It turned out better than the noodles I made it to go with. My mil had bought these lasagna roll up and stuffed shells from Schwan's. We had never had them before, and we will never eat them again. I don't know if my mil liked it or not, but no one in my family of 4 did. The fil couldn't eat it b/c he's still not feeling well.

Quote:

I'm glad you were able to convince him to stay at home. I know how scary that can be. A couple of years ago, when the oldest DS was in 7th grade, his school went on lockdown right about the time school should have let out. There was an ambulance out front, you couldn't get through on the school's main number, and they weren't saying anything on their website. Luckily, it ended up being nothing as scary as an armed intruder, but the not knowing was the worst part. Before they let the school off of lock down, some teachers let kids that had cell phones text their parent's. Parents that had talked to their kids, let others know it was a medical emergency. I can't totally remember know, but a student either had a diabetic issue (like passing out) or a epileptic seizure.

omg, I wish they would announce discounts so I can figure out what to do. Now the WL is calling my name. I love our stay there. If only I could Frankenstein a resort...take the WL building, add the Arusha savanna view (with the MK just beyond the savanna), access to the monorail, and add Stormalong Bay. I think that's the place I'll stay on our next WDW vacation.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 11-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #554
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Screaming ranting about to begin.....I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO DISNEY THIS WEEKEND WITH MY DD!!!!! She pushes me to tears all the time and right now I feel like I want to run away. The thought of spending 3 hours in the truck on Saturday and then cooped up in a hotel room with her makes me have an anxiety attack!!!! Sorry I am just beyond rational thought right now

My Trip Reports:

Old 11-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #555
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Screaming ranting about to begin.....I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO DISNEY THIS WEEKEND WITH MY DD!!!!! She pushes me to tears all the time and right now I feel like I want to run away. The thought of spending 3 hours in the truck on Saturday and then cooped up in a hotel room with her makes me have an anxiety attack!!!! Sorry I am just beyond rational thought right now

I'm so sorry. Just remember to take a deep breath. Hopefully, things will get better, and we will be able to enjoy your WDW trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: