Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #631
stal
DIS Veteran

oct 6-11, lake buena vista, extended stay deluxe, 2*, $31 a night.

direct the best they could offer is $90... got a great deal!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #632
tebookie
WDW FAN

Lake Buena Vista/Downtown for 3 1/2 stars $42 for 9/28/12

Started off with $39 Lake Buena Vista/Downtown for 3 1/2 stars
added Kissimmee $40 (no 3.5 star hotels)
added Winter Park $41 (no 3.5 star hotels)
added Fern Park $42 accepted (no 3.5 star hotels)

Ending up with Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista for $42. I was guessing this is the hotel I would get in the area I wanted.
I stayed here 2 years ago just after they renovated. Had no issues then, hoping for the same this time around.
We arrive in Orlando at 9pm so just needed a decent hotel for a 1 night stay before checking into Disney Property.

$42 winning bid
$12.80 tax/fees
$54.80 total
Plus resort fees charged at check out.
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #633
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

Has anyone bid or got results for around Christmas (12/23 thru 12/30) give or take a few days before and after... .. either near WDW or Universal area...

Thanks!!!

Georgette

NYC to Bermuda ~ Norwegian Breakaway ~ May 2013

NYC Inaugural Disney Cruise to Bahamas ~ May 2012 ~ Disney Magic

NYC to Bermuda ~ May 2011 on NCL Gem

ge0rgette2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #634
mecheermom
Earning My Ears

Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge0rgette2 View Post
Has anyone bid or got results for around Christmas (12/23 thru 12/30) give or take a few days before and after... .. either near WDW or Universal area...

Thanks!!!

Georgette
Looking for same!
2012 POR Royal Room

mecheermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #635
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

I'm always afraid to bid sometimes, not knowing what you MIGHT get!

Old 09-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #636
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

Anyone Bid OVER Christmas time??? How about Thanksgiving?

Old 09-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #637
Swirly girls
Mouseketeer

Priceline

We have used Priceline many times,and always hit a good price, beautiful hotel and lucked out with the beds -- we are a family of 5. Since Priceline doesn't guarantee the type of bed, and also says bids are for 2 people in standard room. But, like I said we lucked out and always had big room, with plenty if beds. Until this past august when we took our yearly mini vacation. Our hotel was beautiful, our room big and lavish, but only had 1 king bed -- for 5 of us -- 2 adults and 3 teenage girls.
We tried to switch rooms, but all the rooms were taken. We made the best if it -- turning a big chaise lounge into a bed and havingnmore blaanketsband pillows brought up -- im just glad it was a little long werkend 2 hours from hone getaway and not a long, important vacation.
We also found out that some hotels cannot even legally have 5 in a room. I guess for fire code too. In those hotels, a family of 5 has to book 2 rooms.
So, as much I love Priceline, saved a ton money, stayed in some lovely hotels worth way more than what we paid, I am going to be very careful next time I book that way. I guess you can request bed type ect, but we were told it isn't a guarantee and really depends on what the hotel has available. The hotel does not HAVE to put in a room that you request. And once you put in your bid you agree to pricelines policy including rooms are for 2 people. They fill up all the rooms from normal paying people, and fill the Priceline, and other related type paying customers last, with whatever is still available. So, if you go when it's not busy, your probably gong to be ok. But, if you go during a busy time, you may end up not so lucky.
If your a family of 3 or more, be careful when bidding!
Swirly girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #638
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirly girls View Post
We have used Priceline many times,and always hit a good price, beautiful hotel and lucked out with the beds -- we are a family of 5. Since Priceline doesn't guarantee the type of bed, and also says bids are for 2 people in standard room. But, like I said we lucked out and always had big room, with plenty if beds. Until this past august when we took our yearly mini vacation. Our hotel was beautiful, our room big and lavish, but only had 1 king bed -- for 5 of us -- 2 adults and 3 teenage girls.
We tried to switch rooms, but all the rooms were taken. We made the best if it -- turning a big chaise lounge into a bed and havingnmore blaanketsband pillows brought up -- im just glad it was a little long werkend 2 hours from hone getaway and not a long, important vacation.
We also found out that some hotels cannot even legally have 5 in a room. I guess for fire code too. In those hotels, a family of 5 has to book 2 rooms.
So, as much I love Priceline, saved a ton money, stayed in some lovely hotels worth way more than what we paid, I am going to be very careful next time I book that way. I guess you can request bed type ect, but we were told it isn't a guarantee and really depends on what the hotel has available. The hotel does not HAVE to put in a room that you request. And once you put in your bid you agree to pricelines policy including rooms are for 2 people. They fill up all the rooms from normal paying people, and fill the Priceline, and other related type paying customers last, with whatever is still available. So, if you go when it's not busy, your probably gong to be ok. But, if you go during a busy time, you may end up not so lucky.
If your a family of 3 or more, be careful when bidding!
This is exactly why I use Hotwire instead of PL. I can search for 2 adults, 2 children and get the bedding we need. Never had a problem.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #639
TheElectricMayhem
Earning My Ears

10/5 - MCO- bid $40 2.5*- got the Country Inn & Suites close to the airport for one night.

10/7-10/9 - Sea World/I Drive area- got Rosen Plaza 3.5* for two nights, $42.00

Also rented a car via priceline, 11 nights, standard size, 11.00/day. That's with Avis and I felt that it was a good deal.

rocking out with my husband, Miss Piggy (DD 7) and Animal (DS 5)
TheElectricMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #640
glocon
DIS Veteran

We always stay in Ocala the night before we check in at Disney, it's only an hours drive in the morning, and saves us an hours drive the night before. We drive from the Nashville TN area so an hours extra rest the night before is nice. Anyway, I got us a Priceline ressie at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites- 2queen beds- for $59. I never tried PL before. I wonder if I should have tried for an even lower price. It is a 3star hotel with indoor halls. Looks nice, and I'm sure cheaper than if we just reserved online. With tax it ended up $71.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #641
ranman1973
Earning My Ears

Question: Does anyone here who has booked on Priceline care about the fact that you're only guaranteed a room that will accommodate 2 people max? I'm travelling with more than 2 and thus leery about booking on Priceline. Although I'm a big fan and use all the bidding helper sites (HotelDealsRevealed, BetterBidding), I just can't bring myself to booking on Priceline with 4 of us.

Would love to know what your thoughts are on this.
ranman1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #642
ranman1973
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
This is exactly why I use Hotwire instead of PL. I can search for 2 adults, 2 children and get the bedding we need. Never had a problem.
I just posted a similar question (see above post), not realizing others were having the same questions / concerns as me. This post let me know I'm not alone in my thinking. Thanks to both of you for sharing.
ranman1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #643
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranman1973 View Post
I just posted a similar question (see above post), not realizing others were having the same questions / concerns as me. This post let me know I'm not alone in my thinking. Thanks to both of you for sharing.
Orlando caters to families. Most rooms, most hotels, have two beds. I only recall one "winning" bidder unable to get a room with 2 beds.

Many hotels in Orlando limit occupancy to 4. A family of 5 needs to bid on at least 2 rooms. It's not just a matter of comfort. The hotel would have been within their rights to keep the money and throw the family of 5 out. It's probably a fire code issue. PL guarantees double occupancy. In what world does a "bidder" think 5 is OK?

Many cities hotels have smaller rooms, only suitable for 1 or 2 guests, which are given to PL customers.

Hotwire won't let you request a room which sleeps 5.

Last edited by Lewisc; 11-29-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #644
robinb
DIS Veteran

Priceline's new Express Deals allows you to chose a "bed type" on some of their hotels. It's a lot like Hotwire with a list of amenities, star level and hotel location. It might work better than the Name Your Own Price method for families who want to be guaranteed 2 beds plus something specific like a free breakfast.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #645
cheerky
Mouseketeer

I booked 3 1/2 * condo, Disney Main Gate/ Celebration for $46 night on Hotwire today. Dates: Jan. 16- 21: Mystic Dunes Resort. I have stayed at this property before and was very satisfied.
cheerky is offline   Reply With Quote