Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
vdub322
Are we there yet?

Opinions on adding two nights at the Poly as a split stay?

I apologize in advance for the long "story" but I am hoping I can get some useful advice by putting my thoughts out there...

We did our 2012 trip (first as DVC members) as a split stay between BLT (5 nights in a 1 BR Lake View) and Kidani (3 nights in a 1 BR Savannah view) and it went surprisingly well. Room at Kidani was ready at 10am and we loved both resorts. We also had our car on that trip though.

This trip we already have booked is 7 nights at Boardwalk Villas (new resort to us!) in a 1 BR Standard view. We are flying this time...first time for that! We have been kicking around the idea of adding two nights onto the trip for a while, because we fly out on a Thursday as of right now and DH and the kids don't have to be back to work and school until Monday.

We have APs from our 2012 trip (planned ahead to cover the 2013 trip) and I can't stop looking at the room discounts. I am really thinking about adding two nights at the Poly in a Lagoon view or Theme Park view at the end of the trip. (We have never stayed there and might not get a good chance unless they build DVC there.)

Ideally, I would have liked to put those two days at the beginning of the trip, but I can't move our BWV stay now. I know most people say to put the bigger room second in a split stay, but I am hoping going from a standard view at BWV to a better view at the Poly would make up for it. The Poly is really the only non-DVC resort that we are interested in staying at with the kids.

We might never get such a great opportunity to stay at a non-DVC resort again, and we aren't taking another WDW trip until 2015. Oh, and 1/28 is our wedding anniversary. By that point in the trip, I think everyone will be wanting to take it a little easier and slower...will two nights in a standard room with a TPV or Lagoon View be a good idea after a week at BWV?

vdub322 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: