Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #1831
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

‘Morning all…

Got home last night to discover that the deadbolt on my front door no longer worked.
Frustrating… but they’re easy to replace not all that expensive and the retailer rekeyed the new one to match the rest of my locks for only $5. Not a repair that I was planning on, but other then time, it didn’t really set me back all that far.

So…
What’s up with y’all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Link?
I've heard the next trilogy is supposed to be from Lucas's original 3 trilogy master plan and are supposed to be a few years after ROTJ.
Hummmmm…
I’ll reserve judgment on these until I hear more details. I’ve got my doubts as to how well they’ll pull these off. Considering what was offered for parts I, II, and III…

Very disturbing, this. Poor work done, it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Just a reminder Dads, that A Charlie Brown Christmas is on tonight....
It’ll be on again and I’ll catch it then.
We don’t like to break out all the Christmas trappings until it’s at least December. Next week I’ll start the decorating and such. But then again, we’ll leave it all up into the first week of next year, so it all evens out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
My, my, but that’s distracting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Guys I gotta vent for a minute, I assumed the reason DDs mom hadn't tried to contact or see her in over 7 months was because she moved to Georgia with her mom and older daughter but today I learned she is still in the same city and just hasn't bothered to try to see her daughter, which pisses me off!!!!!! BEVERLY BEVERLY BEVERLY!!!!!!!! For my DD, it breaks my heart and maybe her mom feels like DD is better off like it is (holding my opinion out) I don't know what her deal is, thank you, had to air that out for a min
Wow…
That’s… ummmm… yah, that’s not good.
People never cease to amaze me. I believe that your girl is certainly better off now, but explaining it to her will never be easy. Prayers to all concerned, and soldier on sir. It sound to me like you’re doing a mighty fine job under difficult circumstances.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #1832
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
I just multi quoted from my phone. It can be done
Excellent. Brian is disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
I'm pretty sure we established a few days ago that leaving work to go home and play Xbox was a DisDads approved activity. .
Only decided that a few days ago? I've been doing that for 5 years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Thanks guys for all the kind words, DD is wonderful and I wouldn't be the man I am today if it wasn't for her ( no wise cracks guys haha, I can make a serious comment every once in awhile)
You are a good man and good father to step up and care for your child. We can still make fun of you for living in TN, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
This is a six word post
Still can not let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Top of the morning guys

I didn't hit Powerball so buying my own Disney Cruise ship will have to wait
I thought we were commandeering a cruise ship. What happened to the mutiny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post

So, on the way in this morning I get stopped by a train at 20 after 5. At the ONE crossing between my house and work, which is 43 miles away. Then I get stuck behind someone who likes to drive in the left lane, so I switch to the right to go around him. HE SPEEDS UP to keep me from passing and I get stuck behind a smaller truck driving in the right lane. At this point I am questioning his parentage and wondering if I could find the fleas of a 1000 camels to start my retribution. So I slow back down and get in the left lane. At which point said person of questionable parentage slows down and matches the speed of the truck in the right lane.
These are the drivers that cause the real problems and where the police are needed. Not doing speed traps and slowing me down in the AM.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #1833
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Good news.

At least you get a bonus instead of a jelly of the month club membership.

Still having a hard time with the age gaps of the first three movies - Padme, Annikan, and Kenobi. Then, when you add in the 4th with the really old Kenobi and Luke and Leia are twins? Maybe we won't notice that any of them aged 20 plus years.
I think the reboot will have to be with new actors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

I agree. We did read some of the books and my DS loves to watch the Clone Wars cartoons (can I call them cartoons?). The die hard fans will just have to realize that without being able to market for a billion dollars in ticket sales, the movies would not be coming. You need to general audiences to do that.

From the articles, this trilogy is supposed to be a bette group of story lines than the other 6. I hope that's true. If not, all you'll hear is "Disney ruined it". Not really an open mind going in.
That is what I hear too. I just wish they would update the Heir to the Empire trilogy and go from there. Twenty years later and those are still the best Star Wars novels.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #1834
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Morning Guys!

Its already been a Beverly of a week, hoping it ends soon. Found out yesterday that the work I completed months ago that put us way ahead of the game was in the wrong format. Seems no one from the Prime Contractor told us that they decided to change the format. So, where we were once way ahead of the game, we are now significantly behind. Now, add on to that the fact I also have to write training packages and there are another 4 technical manuals that are due at the same time, and you can feel my aggravation.

So, on the way in this morning I get stopped by a train at 20 after 5. At the ONE crossing between my house and work, which is 43 miles away. Then I get stuck behind someone who likes to drive in the left lane, so I switch to the right to go around him. HE SPEEDS UP to keep me from passing and I get stuck behind a smaller truck driving in the right lane. At this point I am questioning his parentage and wondering if I could find the fleas of a 1000 camels to start my retribution. So I slow back down and get in the left lane. At which point said person of questionable parentage slows down and matches the speed of the truck in the right lane.

At this point I put on my Charlie Brown Christmas music from my iphone and try not to commit vehicular manslaughter.

Oh and I have a meeting from 3-4 this afternoon. Seriously? Who schedules a meeting from 3-4 on a Thursday?

Can I go home? My XBOX and Skyrim are lonely.

Thanks for the vent, feel much better now, (not really) but you get the point.

Matt

Sorry about the rough morning Matt!

Hope it doesn't set the pace for the rest of your day.

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #1835
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Pray tell! I think a lot of us have been trying to figure that one out for a while. I'm still trying to figure out how to multi quote on the Ipad.
When I click the button by your name I had a bunch of options. I clicked select then did the same for Norm's post. Then I hit the menu button at the bottom of the phone. The reply button changed to multi-quote.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 11-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #1836
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Had Dinner club last night at my house (in-laws and sister in law switch every Wednesday for dinner).

We talked about our upcoming Spring Break getaway to Daytona Beach.

We're gonna do a one day getaway to MK on Tuesday of our week there and my in-laws decided to come with us. (at one time - they had said they were going to Sea World with my other SIL's family).

I tried to get a dinner ADR at BOG for 7 of us - no dice!

But I was able to snag one at 'Ohana!

So, it will be a first for my in-laws as they've never been to any place besides MK and EPCOT. I think they'll be amazed by the Poly.

Dis Dads Member #543

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #1837
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Lined up my sons babysitter for the 9th, have tickets to a gift auction in the afternoon, last year they had Dis tics but instead I won 4 season beach badges for a private beach (Probably will not put in for the beach this year, who knows if it will even be open next year)

But anyway I have to figure out if I want to take the day off (it's a Sun it would be no pay) or see if I can do a 8-12 (at time+ half)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #1838
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post

See how well I have my nemesis trained in my absence.

Good job Scott!
Spoken like a benevolent master.
Did you offer him a liver-treat and scratch him behind the ear.

Good boy… now fetch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
This is a six word post
Found a new meme, have we?

Quote:
Top of the morning guys

Me neither. Curse the luck.
I suppose I need to retrieve that resignation letter before it makes its way to the management.

Quote:
Morning Guys!

Its already been a Beverly of a week, hoping it ends soon. Found out yesterday that the work I completed months ago that put us way ahead of the game was in the wrong format. Seems no one from the Prime Contractor told us that they decided to change the format. So, where we were once way ahead of the game, we are now significantly behind. Now, add on to that the fact I also have to write training packages and there are another 4 technical manuals that are due at the same time, and you can feel my aggravation.

At this point I put on my Charlie Brown Christmas music from my iphone and try not to commit vehicular manslaughter.

Oh and I have a meeting from 3-4 this afternoon. Seriously? Who schedules a meeting from 3-4 on a Thursday?

Can I go home? My XBOX and Skyrim are lonely.

Thanks for the vent, feel much better now, (not really) but you get the point.

Matt
You appear to be having a bad life right now.
More XBOX would be good.
More Disney would be better.

I desperately need a major dose of that second one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Stomach has finally settled down, and the endless (feeling) stream of appointments are over till next week, so it;s back to work. Have a good day guys!
Good to hear.
You could use a bit of a break from all the medical travails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Had Dinner club last night at my house (in-laws and sister in law switch every Wednesday for dinner).

We talked about our upcoming Spring Break getaway to Daytona Beach.

We're gonna do a one day getaway to MK on Tuesday of our week there and my in-laws decided to come with us. (at one time - they had said they were going to Sea World with my other SIL's family).

I tried to get a dinner ADR at BOG for 7 of us - no dice!

But I was able to snag one at 'Ohana!

So, it will be a first for my in-laws as they've never been to any place besides MK and EPCOT. I think they'll be amazed by the Poly.
`Ohana as a back-up plan.
Sounds like a no lose situation there.
Enjoy the trip.

Oh, and if Brian offers you any “liver-treats”…

Bite his hand!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #1839
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

I thought we were commandeering a cruise ship. What happened to the mutiny?

We are, I was just going to buy one for the heck of it. I thought I could cruise to France and throw empty beer bottles at their ships

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 11/1/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #1840
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:

We have a lot of this kind of driving in NJ, you did good you held back unlike here in NJ, I guess that's why NJ is a road rage state
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #1841
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
`Ohana as a back-up plan.
Sounds like a no lose situation there.
Enjoy the trip.

Oh, and if Brian offers you any “liver-treats”…

Bite his hand!
Rob - I'll bite his hand if he doesn't offer me any!

Dis Dads Member #543

Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #1842
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
‘Morning all…

Got home last night to discover that the deadbolt on my front door no longer worked.
Frustrating… but they’re easy to replace not all that expensive and the retailer rekeyed the new one to match the rest of my locks for only $5. Not a repair that I was planning on, but other then time, it didn’t really set me back all that far.
Don't feel bad. I broke my glasses yesterday morning, didn't have a spare, and had already used my 1-pair-allowance from my vision insurance for the year. So that was $300 I wasn't planning on spending. Sigh.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #1843
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Top of the morning guys

Why let a technicality stop you...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #1844
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Don't feel bad. I broke my glasses yesterday morning, didn't have a spare, and had already used my 1-pair-allowance from my vision insurance for the year. So that was $300 I wasn't planning on spending. Sigh.
As unexpected expenses go, that one certainly beats my 2 pair.
The lock issue was little more then an inconvenience.

As for glasses… I’m ridiculously hard on mine and damage and loose them regularly. The good thing is that I only need reading glasses, so they’re inexpensive to replace.

My family knows this fact and usually I end up getting two or three sets in my stocking each Christmas. Far and away one of the most useful things I receive gift wise.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #1845
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I click the button by your name I had a bunch of options. I clicked select then did the same for Norm's post. Then I hit the menu button at the bottom of the phone. The reply button changed to multi-quote.
Hmmmm... Did it work......Nope. I'll have to try again. Of course it could be I screwed up the simple instructions. Thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: