Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #931
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Thank you.
Do the QS include fruit or something in place of a dessert that you would get for lunch or dinner?
Any experience with a kids meal for QS breakfast? There isn't anything listed on All Ears for kids breakfast at Contempo Cafe.
Per the dining plan brochure provided by Disney, QS breakfast meals only includes an entree and a beverage. Dessert items are included for QS lunch and dinners.

I found a better menu for the Contempo Cafe breakfast that includes the kids menu at WDWMagic. Don't you just wish Disney would just post all of the items and pricing for the QS?

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/conte...kfast-menu.htm

Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #932
stmize
DVC member--Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 16 & dd 13

I snagged a wishes dessert party ressie today for the 16th woohoo.

stmize is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #933
Lisally3
Earning My Ears

Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
my bf and I are staying at POP 1/3- 1/10. As are his sister, her husband and their adorable 2 year old!

Would love any tips or information you have about POP! My bf and I went 1/3-1/9 2012 but this upcoming trip is our first time on site!

We have heard people love the food court? We are very curious about it!!

My family of 4 stayed here Feb 2012 for 7 nights. It was our first visit and we LOVED it! We didn't have anything to compare it to, but it was a great experience. The kids loved the theming of POP and the pools. The food court was good, although we mainly got food to bring back to the room. We were on the DP and got the pizza at night for our QS credit a couple times and it was really good! We were in the 1950's section and it was close to the main building. I'm sure y'all are going to love it and have a great time together!

Feb 2012-Pop Century, 1st trip!

Lisally3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:29 AM   #934
Lisally3
Earning My Ears

Dessert Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize View Post
I snagged a wishes dessert party ressie today for the 16th woohoo.

I got this reserved for 10 of us for 1/22...so excited! Have you been before? We haven't, but with a big group, I thought it would be a fun way to end our trip! I hope it's worth it! I paid for everyone as a treat!

Feb 2012-Pop Century, 1st trip!

Lisally3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:33 AM   #935
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisally3

I got this reserved for 10 of us for 1/22...so excited! Have you been before? We haven't, but with a big group, I thought it would be a fun way to end our trip! I hope it's worth it! I paid for everyone as a treat!
I went in July with just DD7 and we had a blast! Great food, great view, no pushing and shoving.

I made a ressie for Jan 21 for all 4 of us, since we liked it so much!

Go early, and stock up on more food right before the show starts, if you are still hungry. They will clear the food away once the fireworks start.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #936
hoffmann2828
Schooling my daughter in the Disney Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner
Trying to figure out if we should get the DDP or just use our TOW card. Does anyone have any experience with QS for breakfast? What do you get for QS for breakfast? We would be using the Contempo Cafe for breakfast. Also does anyone know they offer for kids for breakfast for a QS? I am only looking at a $50 savings if we do DDP over TOW so I am trying to see about breakfast costs.
Thanks for any feedback.
We had the DDP last stay at BLT and loved Contempo. In the AM, my DH would go down and order 2 big breakfasts, and 2 extras like a muffin/bagel and fruit. He would get a bottled water and a juice. He would get back to the room and I would put everything on the island (1 bdm). Then we (2 adults and a 5 year old) would use it like a buffet. We shared it all and had coffee for the adults. My daughter drank the juice and we brought the bottled water to the parks with us.

We would wind up using 2 CS credits and 2 snacks. This allowed us to use 2 credits instead of 3 and use the child credit as an adult credit later in the day.

THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!
hoffmann2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #937
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
Contempo Cafe has the most delicious french toast sticks. I think I ate those 3 out of 5 mornings the last time we stayed at BLT. They have a kids platter that has those, and then another that has pancakes. I think both were served with eggs maybe? This was almost 2 years ago, so I'm having a little bit of a hard time remembering exactly.
Thank you for the heads up on the French Toast. Are they like the ones you can buy in the grocery store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Per the dining plan brochure provided by Disney, QS breakfast meals only includes an entree and a beverage. Dessert items are included for QS lunch and dinners.

I found a better menu for the Contempo Cafe breakfast that includes the kids menu at WDWMagic. Don't you just wish Disney would just post all of the items and pricing for the QS?

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/conte...kfast-menu.htm
Yes, I wish Disney would post all the QS items and prices. It would make it easier to figure out costs beforehand. The waffles sound great

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmann2828 View Post
We had the DDP last stay at BLT and loved Contempo. In the AM, my DH would go down and order 2 big breakfasts, and 2 extras like a muffin/bagel and fruit. He would get a bottled water and a juice. He would get back to the room and I would put everything on the island (1 bdm). Then we (2 adults and a 5 year old) would use it like a buffet. We shared it all and had coffee for the adults. My daughter drank the juice and we brought the bottled water to the parks with us.

We would wind up using 2 CS credits and 2 snacks. This allowed us to use 2 credits instead of 3 and use the child credit as an adult credit later in the day.
Great tips on sharing the big breakfasts. Could you tell me more about using a child QS credit as an adult credit? I never knew you could do that.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #938
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great tips on sharing the big breakfasts. Could you tell me more about using a child QS credit as an adult credit? I never knew you could do that.
It's a little complicated to explain but Josh from EasyWDW has a guide on Disney Dining Plans that explains your question extremely well. Scroll down about a third of the way, and you should see a section heading with the child vs adult credit question.

http://www.easywdw.com/worth-2/disne...ntroduction-2/

Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #939
Katie Mae's Mom
Earning My Ears

Put us on the list. DD and I will be there 1/25-2/2. Her 14th birthday is on the 26th. Staying at ASMo.
2004 WDW-Offsite (1st trip for DD)
2005 DLR-Offsite
2006 DLR-Offsite
2007 WDW-All Star Sports
2011 WDW-All Star Music (DD 12th BIRTHDAY)]
2013 WDW-All Star Movies (DD 14th BIRTHDAY)
Katie Mae's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #940
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's a little complicated to explain but Josh from EasyWDW has a guide on Disney Dining Plans that explains your question extremely well. Scroll down about a third of the way, and you should see a section heading with the child vs adult credit question.

http://www.easywdw.com/worth-2/disne...ntroduction-2/
Thank you to you and Josh, I learned something new today and will make the most of it for our January trip.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #941
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you to you and Josh, I learned something new today and will make the most of it for our January trip.
All this discussion and reading about how to get the most out of a dining plan has led me to this awesome thread that lists every single item in WDW that counts as a "snack" item for the dining plan!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2853528

And I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised to find a lot of "snack" items that could easily serve as breakfast or lunch! Soups, funnel cakes, fries, onion rings, cinnamon rolls, bagels, danish - so now I have a new project to work on. Making QS meal plans that could make use of my new found power to squeeze more food out of the dining plan!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #942
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow my ticker will no longer include months in my countdown because we will be within the 30 day mark! Can't wait to check out WBC and spend NYE at WDW. I am so excited to do some of the things that I can't do during spring break (when we usually visit) like see the castle in icicles, see the Osbourne Lights, and see Candlelight Processional!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #943
Smile&Nod
Mouseketeer

So I got good and bad news today. Bad is I have a torn meniscus and will have out patient surgery on the 15th of January...11 days before I leave for the world. I placed an order for an ECV for the duration of my stay so I can take it easy on the repaired knee.

Bad/good news is that the Auto Train service on Sunday, February 3 has been canceled because of track maintenance. Good news is I was able to rebook for the next day on the train and add one night at BCV! Next week I can say "next month"!
Smile&Nod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #944
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
All this discussion and reading about how to get the most out of a dining plan has led me to this awesome thread that lists every single item in WDW that counts as a "snack" item for the dining plan!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2853528

And I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised to find a lot of "snack" items that could easily serve as breakfast or lunch! Soups, funnel cakes, fries, onion rings, cinnamon rolls, bagels, danish - so now I have a new project to work on. Making QS meal plans that could make use of my new found power to squeeze more food out of the dining plan!
OK I am sold, we should get the dining plan again and then use our TOW as needed. Now that I learned about child QS as an adult and the other snack options available. I will add the DP to our reservation after Christmas.

One last question, do they still have the waffles with nutella and fruit in MK?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #945
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran

We'll be at Pop Century from Dec 28th until Jan 4th!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: