Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #271
Robin K
DIS Veteran
 
Robin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 683

We have never been in May before. We usually go in Sept... I was wondering what kind of clothes should we pack? Is it hot in May? Rainy? Any tips? Hints? Secrets?
We are also staying at POP for the first time too..if anyone has any tips for us that would be great!
Thanks so much..
Robin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #272
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
I'll be at the BWV from May 12-19. Can't wait!
Welcome to the group Cee. Just added you to the list.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #273
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!
 
Corrine 1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin K View Post
We have never been in May before. We usually go in Sept... I was wondering what kind of clothes should we pack? Is it hot in May? Rainy? Any tips? Hints? Secrets?
We are also staying at POP for the first time too..if anyone has any tips for us that would be great!
Thanks so much..

I have been there both in September and the end of May and I must say that the weather was about the same. It can get hot during the day (but definatly not as hot as summer) but was got into the 70's at night which was just comfortable enough for a little swimming at nigh.
We stayed at Pop last year and both me and my son really liked it there. I would just recommend taking time to enjoy the resort, there is so many things to look at. I also highly recommend the tye dyed cheesecake at the food court. It was so good I got it twice and was able to use the snack option on the dining plan.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #274
Vaninou
Earning My Ears
 
Vaninou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 65

Hello

Hello,

Just convinced my DH to go to WDW next holidays!!! Not so easy since we went there in May (this year)...

So excited to go back

Do could youplease add me to the list...


WHEN: May 10 - May 24, 2013

WHERE: May 10 - May 16 private villa (outside the park)
May 17 - May 24 BCV 1 BDR

WHO: DH (40), DS(2), and Me (34 turning 35 while there)
**ages at time of the trip**
__________________
October 83: WDW (Hilton) - July 87: WDW (Hilton) - April 94: DL Paris (New Port Bay Club) - December 95: WDW (Yacht Club) - September 98: DL (Offsite) - May 09: DL Paris (Offsite) - May 10: WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge) - October 10: DL (Offsite) - May 12: WDW (Beach Club Villas) - May 13: WDW (Beach Club Villas) - December 2013: DL Paris (Disneyland Hotel)
Next Trip May 2015 WDW Beach Club Club Level
Vaninou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #275
OmegaWife5
Earning My Ears
 
OmegaWife5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 38

Hi all Those going will be myself, the SAHM, my DH Robert and my DD Angela who will be 9 by the time of the trip. We are anticipating my MIL and FIL going but not really sure if they are attending. I've already made my ADR's but have yet to book our trip officially b/c DH can't submit his vacation until the last week of January. But the planner in me didn't want to risk not getting good ADR's. Here is what my family and I have planned thus far. I hope I'm posting this where everyone can understand so please bare w/ me for I'm just so excited. Can you tell I'm a 1st timer!

Port of Orleans-May 19th-24th

Sunday 19th- Arrival Day, tour the resort and DTD. Grab lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express and Dinner at Coral Reef @6:15.

Monday 20th- Epcot day. Eat breakfast at the resort and arrive for RD. Lunch will be wherever we find. Dinner @ Via Napoli. My family loves pizza, especially DD and this was a no brainer.

Tuesday 21st- Breakfast @Crystal Palace 8:30. Here we will stay as long as we can and maybe leave and head back to the resort. Dinner @Crystal Palace 6:20 then stay for Wishes and head to bed.

Wednesday 22nd-Breakfast @ resort and another RD for MK. DH and DD really want to spend as much time there so that's why we're there for 2 days. Dinner is @ T-Rex 9pm.

Thursday 23rd- undecided. DH just informed me that we can stay the extra day so now I need all my fellow DIS'ers to help me plan,plan,plan!

I know you are looking at the late dinner ADR's but this usually the time my family and eat dinner anyway, around 6pm so that was not a problem. Not to mention we are a family of snackers so I anticipate a lot of that going on. Especially since all the pics I've seen of the food looks so good. So if you all can recommend anything for Thursday that would be awesome. Or, if you just think my family and I would like something else just give a shout. DH and DD don't care for seafood of any kind so everything else should be fine. Thanks all and can't til May!
__________________


Anisha (me), the SAHM and planner DH, the provider and go get'er DD8, the reason that makes it worthwhile
OmegaWife5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #276
RobertLC
Mouseketeer
 
RobertLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Long Beach, MS
Posts: 231

Made our ADR last night for lunch at Akershus on May 24!
__________________
1975 - WDW - June - FWC
2012 - WDW - March 31-April 4 - CSR
2013 - WDW - May 22-27 - POFQ
2014 - WDW - May 27-June 1 - POR

RobertLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #277
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer
 
mommy2jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 319

Hi everyone! Can I join your list too?

We are going May 22-28. We will be staying on site this time (first time since 2004, last several trips we made have been off site). Staying at POR. I'm SO excited to be staying on site this time around! We went last May around the same time and had such a great time (despite the rain we had several days!) that I was able to convince DH to let us go back!!
It will be Me, my DH, our DS (4) and our DD (2). It will be DD's 2nd trip and DS's 3rd. I already made all of our ADRs!. Made them Black Friday and got every one I wanted! My DH and I are very last minute planners and often plan trips last minute. Last trip we booked at the end of March, had less than 2 months to plan! But somehow I still managed to get the ADRs we wanted just not ideal times. This next time I'm so happy about our ADRs! Except we still have SO long to wait! I'm not use to having to wait this long for trips!!

Our ADRS are:

May 23- BOG 5:30pm
May 24- Sci-fi 11:45am
May 24- Fantasmic package: Brown Derby 5:30pm
May 25- Akershus 8:30am
May 25- Le Cellier 5:30pm
May 26- T-Rex 6pm
May 27- CRT 11:45pm
May 27- O'Hana 5:20pm
May 28- Chef Mickey's 8:30am

Also have a reservation for May 26 for the Bayou Pirate Adventure Cruise for my DS!


The only thing left to do now is sit back and pray for a discount to be released! Really hoping they extend their play/stay/dine promotion they currently have going on.

Happy planning to everyone!
__________________
Me , DH , DS (5) , DD (3)
mommy2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #278
ThunderMom16
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11

So glad I found this thread!! We (hubby, DS 18, DD 12, DS GF 19, & me) will arrive on 5/26 thru 6/2, staying at Beach Club. Made my ADRs on Tuesday and am really looking forward to trying Boma and Teppan Edo. We aren't foodies, but will try new things. Hitting our favorites too: Cape May, Whispering Canyon, and Via Napoli. Hubby and I took our first solo trip without the kids in September and LOVED it! While there, we tried the Grand Floridian Cafe because we couldn't get reservations inside MK. GFC is really a hidden gem of a restaurant. Service and food was excellent and resort hopping is so much fun!
ThunderMom16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #279
nvsnot
Mouseketeer
 
nvsnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWife5 View Post
Hi all Those going will be myself, the SAHM, my DH Robert and my DD Angela who will be 9 by the time of the trip. We are anticipating my MIL and FIL going but not really sure if they are attending. I've already made my ADR's but have yet to book our trip officially b/c DH can't submit his vacation until the last week of January. But the planner in me didn't want to risk not getting good ADR's. Here is what my family and I have planned thus far. I hope I'm posting this where everyone can understand so please bare w/ me for I'm just so excited. Can you tell I'm a 1st timer!

Port of Orleans-May 19th-24th

Sunday 19th- Arrival Day, tour the resort and DTD. Grab lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express and Dinner at Coral Reef @6:15.

Monday 20th- Epcot day. Eat breakfast at the resort and arrive for RD. Lunch will be wherever we find. Dinner @ Via Napoli. My family loves pizza, especially DD and this was a no brainer.

Tuesday 21st- Breakfast @Crystal Palace 8:30. Here we will stay as long as we can and maybe leave and head back to the resort. Dinner @Crystal Palace 6:20 then stay for Wishes and head to bed.

Wednesday 22nd-Breakfast @ resort and another RD for MK. DH and DD really want to spend as much time there so that's why we're there for 2 days. Dinner is @ T-Rex 9pm.

Thursday 23rd- undecided. DH just informed me that we can stay the extra day so now I need all my fellow DIS'ers to help me plan,plan,plan!

I know you are looking at the late dinner ADR's but this usually the time my family and eat dinner anyway, around 6pm so that was not a problem. Not to mention we are a family of snackers so I anticipate a lot of that going on. Especially since all the pics I've seen of the food looks so good. So if you all can recommend anything for Thursday that would be awesome. Or, if you just think my family and I would like something else just give a shout. DH and DD don't care for seafood of any kind so everything else should be fine. Thanks all and can't til May!
Hi and welcome Omegawife5!

Your plans look great! I would have never guessed you were a first-timer. My upcoming May trip will be the 2nd for our family.

As for Thursday, if you are interested in touring another park I would definitely head for Hollywood Studios. There's lot's to do there so i'm sure your family would enjoy it there. I hear the sit down restaurant options aren't that great at Hollywood Studios depending upon who you ask, but the two that seem to be the favorites are 50's Primetime Cafe' or Sci-Fi.

If you decide to go with Animal Kingdom Thursay, Tusker House for breakfast is a great choice. My family and I dined there for our 1st vacation and it's the only one we're repeating for this trip. Many view Animal Kingdom as a half day park but I love it! I loved Festival of the Lion King and many of the rides. there's also Devine who you and your family can try to spot. The theming is amazing at Animal Kingdom.

I hope you enjoy your first trip, you seem to be on the right track!!
__________________

June 7-14, 2011 TH Villas
nvsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #280
Buddy18
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 109

I'm in for May 3 - 10
Buddy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #281
jasperess
Mouseketeer
 
jasperess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 125

Guess I'll add my ADR plans! Here they are:

5/4: Boatwrights (POR) 7:25pm
5/5: Hollywood Brown Derby (DHS) 6:30p
5/7: Artist Point (WL) 7:30pm
5/8: Via Napoli (EP - Italy) 11:30pm
5/9: Kona Café (Poly) 10am
5/9: Victoria & Albert's (GF) 5pm
5/10: Garden View Tea (GF) 2pm
5/10: Kona Café (Poly) - Dinner 6:30pm
5/11: Flying Fish (BW) 6pm
__________________
jasperess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #282
jentifred
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Denver area
Posts: 70

Hi everybody! My husband and I are planning our first trip to WDW from May 24-June 2 of next year with our kids, who will be 9 and 7 when we go. We went to Disneyland as a family in 2011 (and I grew up in southern CA so I went there many, many times growing up) and had a fabulous trip--time to get to the other coast!

So excited!

Jennifer
jentifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #283
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 6,970

Hi everyone! We'll be going back to The World May 4-8 at Bay Lake Tower.

Here are our ADRs:

May 4 - 'Ohana 6:25
May 5 - Via Napoli 6:20
May 6 - Raglan Road 7
May 7 - Be Our Guest 6:05
May 8 - 50s PTC - 11:30 a.m.

This is waaaaaay less ADRs for us than usual, but we have friends going with us and they wanted to keep costs down, so just one TS per day for us this time.

Is there a May trip Facebook group?
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14, 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #284
angelmom27
DIS Veteran
 
angelmom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 1,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose
Hi everyone! We'll be going back to The World May 4-8 at Bay Lake Tower.

Here are our ADRs:

May 4 - 'Ohana 6:25
May 5 - Via Napoli 6:20
May 6 - Raglan Road 7
May 7 - Be Our Guest 6:05
May 8 - 50s PTC - 11:30 a.m.

This is waaaaaay less ADRs for us than usual, but we have friends going with us and they wanted to keep costs down, so just one TS per day for us this time.

Is there a May trip Facebook group?
Yes in the beginning of the thread there is a link to the FB group.
__________________
angelmom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #285
tifaas
Mouseketeer
 
tifaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 110

Officially Booked

Hey everyone! We officially booked our trip for May this morning. We will be arriving on May 2nd and staying through the 7th. We will be staying at the CBR for our first time. We chose CBR as it's one of the host resorts for the Expedition Everest Challenge. This will be our first time doing this 5k so a lot of firsts on this trip.

I haven't booked any ADR's yet because we were waiting to find out how long we could go for before I was going to start reserving those. I hope to get that done over the weekend and will post an update once I have those.

We have been busy getting ready for our first Disney cruise next month. Once we get back from that I should be starting a PTR as well for the May trip.

Can't wait!
__________________


Previous DCL:
Jan 4th - Disney Magic - Balcony room

Previous Resort Stays:
May 1st - May 5th, 2013 - CBR
Jan 22nd - Jan 29th, 2012 - CSR
July 24th - July 27th, 2011 - AKL
tifaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: