Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
CMA21
Mouseketeer

Outside Photographer with No Disney Experience?

I was wondering if anyone has used or is planning to use a Photographer for a WDW wedding that hadn't actually shot a Disney Wedding before. We might be considering using a photographer who knows Disney, but hasn't photographed there before.

So I'm wondering if they'll know how to handle the chaos and location changes of the day, without getting lost or missing anything.

Also, if by going with a photographer without Disney wedding experience if you get more unique and different pictures, then some of the photographers who do alot of Disney weddings and kind of always go to the same locations.

Basically I'm looking for any advice or experiences about going with a photographer who never photographed at Disney before...any help is appreciated!!

Getting Married 10/13/13 at WP and ADH!
CMA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Our photographers had never shot a Disney wedding before ours, and our photos turned out great! I really think any wedding photographer worth her salt should have no trouble shooting in a new environment—and really, unless a photographer shoots exclusively in a small town, she probably tackles numerous new venues every a year.

Disney weddings are no more chaotic than any other (and some would argue they are much less chaotic because you have a team of coordinators and assistants helping to pull them off), so I wouldn't worry about that. While it is true that a photographer who is familiar with Disney might have more go-to locations for good shots, a versatile newbie should be able to spot these or find new ones. I always like to see someone with a fresh take on Disney weddings!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

Our photographer had only shot one Disney wedding before ours, and it was a while ago when they still allowed outside photogs inside for park weddings. He did an amazing job, and we are completely in love with our photos even to this day! He definitely provided a new style with photos and locations I had never seen before. I think that's a great benefit of outside photographers with no/little Disney experience.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: