Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #2191
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsFan View Post
I am attending a yearly event known as "Reunion" that is for fans of the Disney podcast "WDW Today". This year it runs from November 29 to December 2. I will be staying at Pop, but the check-in for the event is at the Contemporary. I am so excited!
Sounds like a reunion we'd all enjoy!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #2192
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

If you are on the Disney Dining Plan and want to use a quick service credit for breakfast at the Contempo Cafe, what do you get for that credit? We have never used QS credits for breakfast before.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #2193
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

From the latest AllEars Newsletter:

Chef Yoshie Cabral, the well-known sushi chef at the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort will be leaving the restaurant when it closes in late January for renovations. Chef Yoshie started at the California Grill in 1995, one of a handful of female sushi chefs in the U.S.

And, did you know...

The 70-foot-tall tree in Disney's Contemporary Resort entrance lobby features nearly 35,800 white LED lights.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 11-27-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #2194
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomHeartsFan View Post
I am attending a yearly event known as "Reunion" that is for fans of the Disney podcast "WDW Today". This year it runs from November 29 to December 2. I will be staying at Pop, but the check-in for the event is at the Contemporary. I am so excited!
Only two more days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
If you are on the Disney Dining Plan and want to use a quick service credit for breakfast at the Contempo Cafe, what do you get for that credit? We have never used QS credits for breakfast before.
You could use it for their breakfast platters, waffles, sides, etc... and a beverage such as juice, soda, milk or coffee.

Here is the menu from wdwmagic.com

Contempo Cafe breakfast menu:

- Bounty Platter $8.29
Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Turkey Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes, Biscuit and - French Toast

- Adult Breakfast Platter $6.79
Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Turkey Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes and Biscuit

- Waffles
Banana-Caramel Topping, Bacon and Turkey Sausage $6.69
Banana-Caramel Topping and Bacon $6.69
Banana-Caramel topping and Turkey Sausage $6.69
Bacon and Turkey Sausage $5.69
Bacon Only $5.69
Turkey Sausage Only $5.69

Breakfast Sandwich
- scrambled eggs and
Cheese and Ham $5.99
Ham Only $5.99
Cheese Only $4.99

French Toast with
- Bacon and Turkey Sausage $6.29
- Bacon Only $6.29
- Turkey Sausage Only $6.29

Breakfast Burrito $5.99

Grits $2.79

Oatmeal $2.79

KIDS

Scrambled Egg Platter with Bacon $3.39

Scrambled Egg Platter with Turkey Sausage $4.39

French Toast with Bacon $4.39

French Toast with Turkey Sausage $4.39
Old 11-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #2195
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I asked this over on the CL board and didn't get much of a response, so I figured I would ask here.

Just thought of another question.....again staying CR atrium but I guess good for any CL really. Can we bring outside food into the lounge? I am thinking we are going to grab dinner from the Contempo Cafe our first night and were probably just going to bring it back to our room knowing how loud it will be with Chef Mickey going on, but know I am thinking we could possibly bring our dinner up to the lounge and actually have tables and chairs to sit at. Will the CL staff frown at this?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #2196
Kidgoingon40
Mouseketeer

Hi, everyone! I am so excited - hubby and I just booked a trip for spring break (end of march) to wdw!! We have gone to disney every year since 2008, and we weren't able to go this year. We were going to go for our 10th anniversary in October, but ended up having to cancel. I have missed it so much, and yesterday we randomly decided we have to go in 2013. I know March is going to be insanely crowded, but that was the only time we will be able to go next year. I am still very excited!! We booked the Contemporary for the first time! I am very excited about being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom - that was a huge selling point to me (I don't like long waits at the monorail when it is crowded). I can't wait to see all of the changes to the Magic Kingdom (last time we were there was July 2011). I am sad that the California Grill will be closed - was hoping to try it out. What do you guys think of The Wave? I made a ressie there - I am interested that it is supposed to be healthier food. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!!

DisneyWorld Trips: 1990 GF / 1995 GF / Dec 2007 - Jan 08 DH and my 1st trip together / 2009 Jan GF July WL Birthday Sept. GF-AKL MNSSHP - Expedition Everest Challenge / 2010 Poly / 2011 GF split stay US PBR / 2013 March Contemporary
Old 11-28-2012, 04:45 AM   #2197
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I asked this over on the CL board and didn't get much of a response, so I figured I would ask here.

Just thought of another question.....again staying CR atrium but I guess good for any CL really. Can we bring outside food into the lounge? I am thinking we are going to grab dinner from the Contempo Cafe our first night and were probably just going to bring it back to our room knowing how loud it will be with Chef Mickey going on, but know I am thinking we could possibly bring our dinner up to the lounge and actually have tables and chairs to sit at. Will the CL staff frown at this?

That's not a problem at all. In fact, when I last stayed at the Atrium Club, I felt as if the CMs didn't frown upon anything which was rather unsettling seeing that when I was there they were ignoring some pretty rude behavior.

Go ahead and bring your dinner up and you can get your drinks in the lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidgoingon40 View Post
Hi, everyone! I am so excited - hubby and I just booked a trip for spring break (end of march) to wdw!! We have gone to disney every year since 2008, and we weren't able to go this year. We were going to go for our 10th anniversary in October, but ended up having to cancel. I have missed it so much, and yesterday we randomly decided we have to go in 2013. I know March is going to be insanely crowded, but that was the only time we will be able to go next year. I am still very excited!! We booked the Contemporary for the first time! I am very excited about being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom - that was a huge selling point to me (I don't like long waits at the monorail when it is crowded). I can't wait to see all of the changes to the Magic Kingdom (last time we were there was July 2011). I am sad that the California Grill will be closed - was hoping to try it out. What do you guys think of The Wave? I made a ressie there - I am interested that it is supposed to be healthier food. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!!
Congratulations on booking! You're going to love the CR. I love being able to walk back and forth to the MK, too.

The Wave does offer some organic and 'farm-grown' selections. We love their breakfast buffet - I highly recommend it!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #2198
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Only two more days!!!

You could use it for their breakfast platters, waffles, sides, etc... and a beverage such as juice, soda, milk or coffee.

Here is the menu from wdwmagic.com

Contempo Cafe breakfast menu:

- Bounty Platter $8.29
Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Turkey Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes, Biscuit and - French Toast

- Adult Breakfast Platter $6.79
Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Turkey Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes and Biscuit

- Waffles
Banana-Caramel Topping, Bacon and Turkey Sausage $6.69
Banana-Caramel Topping and Bacon $6.69
Banana-Caramel topping and Turkey Sausage $6.69
Bacon and Turkey Sausage $5.69
Bacon Only $5.69
Turkey Sausage Only $5.69

Breakfast Sandwich
- scrambled eggs and
Cheese and Ham $5.99
Ham Only $5.99
Cheese Only $4.99

French Toast with
- Bacon and Turkey Sausage $6.29
- Bacon Only $6.29
- Turkey Sausage Only $6.29

Breakfast Burrito $5.99

Grits $2.79

Oatmeal $2.79

KIDS

Scrambled Egg Platter with Bacon $3.39

Scrambled Egg Platter with Turkey Sausage $4.39

French Toast with Bacon $4.39

French Toast with Turkey Sausage $4.39
Thank you for the detailed information. You are always on top of finding these things out.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #2199
WDWKOOK

More on Chef Yoshie's departure from CA Grill:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Thank you for the detailed information. You are always on top of finding these things out.
Thank you, mickeyplanner - glad I could help.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #2200
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Ok I'm seriously beyond excited. I started this adventure 4 months ago in hopes of making DH's "childhood dream" come true for his upcoming 50th birthday. Despite SS Sandy giving us grief and unexpected added expenses, I'm paying the trip off in full tomorrow!!!

So DH officially will be staying at his dream resort and DD will get be thrilled when she gets to wake up/go to sleep with views of the MK from our room.

Nothing to do now but watch the countdown ticker!!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #2201
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

That's not a problem at all. In fact, when I last stayed at the Atrium Club, I felt as if the CMs didn't frown upon anything which was rather unsettling seeing that when I was there they were ignoring some pretty rude behavior.

Go ahead and bring your dinner up and you can get your drinks in the lounge
Thanks once again Kook! I definitely don't what to be a "rule breaker" so I will ask the CL staff if they mind before we do it. we are always looking for a quiet place in WDW so DS can reset a bit and take a break from the sensory overload

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 11-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #2202
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidgoingon40 View Post
My wife and I very much liked dinner the one time we ate at the Wave. And to be honest, we're the opposite, we thought we wouldn't like it because of the health bent. . The food was very good!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #2203
WDWKOOK

From the Disney Parks Blog:

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 11-29-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #2204
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
My wife and I very much liked dinner the one time we ate at the Wave. And to be honest, we're the opposite, we thought we wouldn't like it because of the health bent. . The food was very good!
We ate the Wave November 2011 and loved it. I wouldn't say it was health food at all just better quality food since it is organic. The atmosphere was much more adult like than other restaurants at Disney. I think a couple would really enjoy eating there.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #2205
dgundry
Disney's In My DNA

How far of a walk...

A few quick questions for the group:

1. How far is the walk from the lobby to Magic Kingdom?

2. How long is the typical monorail trip to Magic Kingdom (considering all the stops at TTC, Poly, and GF)?

3. How far is the walk from the monorail concourse to the Garden Wing?

In advance, thanks!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: