Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

The line for Nemo sucks. We were there Thanksgiving week and that was the ONLY line that I felt lasted forever and really, really sucked.

And my DD hated the ride.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
Delilah1310
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meech Loves Mickey

Is the Nemo ride worth riding? I feel like this is a must see for us, as we have nothing like it at WDW.

What are the lines for Nemo like later in the morning? what about later in the afternoon?
The line never really gets light because of the loading and timing issues. It's cute ... My 5YO enjoyed it more than me, it seemed, but it wasn't one he asked to go back on. We just did it once.

We went in late afternoon or evening ... We had taken the monorail in from downtown disney after a break and when it approaches the park, the monorail circles the Nemo ride a few times and it looks like it would be fun. It was not on our must-do list, but i wanted to try it if we had an opportunity.

The monorail drops off right next to it, so we just hopped in the line and waited it out. I want to say it was about 30 minutes wait about 4/ 5 pm in early June. But the line always seemed to be about the same.
Hope this helps!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #18
mouseymommy
I love the smell of Pirates

We did Nemo once, and I don't feel the need to ride again. Here is how we do our DL visits. When we have MM we head straight to FL and see if the line for Peter Pan is short. If it is, we ride and then hit all the other FL rides. Then we head to SM, ST, and Buzz. If we don't get in early, we get a FP for SM, ride the FL rides except for PP. Then head over to Pirates, HM, and splash/Pooh. Then we do Frontierland. We collect FP for ST on the way to lunch/nap. When we get back in the evening we use the FP's, and ride whatever has a short line at the time. Hope this help you!
mouseymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #19
disneymom0104
DIS Veteran

I think it is worth doing at least once. It is different than anything at WDW, other than the Nemo theming is similar to the Epcot Nemo ride. If your boys like Nemo at Epcot, they will probably like this. It is a slow loader and not super comfortable for adults, but it is fun and I think younger kids like it. My 7 year old (at that time) was borderline with liking it and thinking it was too long/boring. But I am happy we did it.

Now I'm debating whether we will it this time or not. I think my almost 3 year old will enjoy it.
Sept. 2008- Pop Century 11 days
Sept. 2010- Carribean Beach 12 days
Oct. 2011- Free Dining at Paradise Pier at DL! 6 days
Dec. 2012- DL- Hojo Kids Suite 7 days
disneymom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
Meech Loves Mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom0104 View Post
I think it is worth doing at least once. It is different than anything at WDW, other than the Nemo theming is similar to the Epcot Nemo ride. If your boys like Nemo at Epcot, they will probably like this. It is a slow loader and not super comfortable for adults, but it is fun and I think younger kids like it. My 7 year old (at that time) was borderline with liking it and thinking it was too long/boring. But I am happy we did it.

Now I'm debating whether we will it this time or not. I think my almost 3 year old will enjoy it.
My kids love the Nemo ride at Epcot! But I am clautrophobic and I don't know if I would be able to handle sitting in that submarine for very long. If the line is not too long in the afternoon, maybe DH will take them, but I don't think this is going to be a priority for us.

We have a WDW trip planned for May, so they will be able to ride Nemo in Epcot then.....

~ May 2014 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Feb 2014 Disneyland Resort (Solo Trip!)
~ May 2013 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Dec 2012 Disneyland & Disney California Adventure
~ May 2012 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Oct 2011 WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ May 2011 WDW Swan
~ Dec 2010 WDW Coronado Springs
~ Sept 2009 WDW Port Orleans French Quarter
~ Oct 2008 WDW Hilton at Downtown Disney
~ Nov 2005 Disneyland
~ May 2002 WDW Off Property
~ March 2001 WDW Off Property
Meech Loves Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #21
Meech Loves Mickey
Mouseketeer

If we get FP for Space Mountain when we first enter the park, when can we get FP for Star Tours?

Is it two hours after you get the FP or two hours after your return window?

Thanks.

~ May 2014 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Feb 2014 Disneyland Resort (Solo Trip!)
~ May 2013 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Dec 2012 Disneyland & Disney California Adventure
~ May 2012 WDW Bay Lake Tower
~ Oct 2011 WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ May 2011 WDW Swan
~ Dec 2010 WDW Coronado Springs
~ Sept 2009 WDW Port Orleans French Quarter
~ Oct 2008 WDW Hilton at Downtown Disney
~ Nov 2005 Disneyland
~ May 2002 WDW Off Property
~ March 2001 WDW Off Property
Meech Loves Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #22
rangermom
DIS Veteran

We always do Nemo first and usually get on the first or second sub. That way it is done. We usually go three or four days and we don't wait in line too long. We just skip the rides that that have long lines and come back when they are shorter. We go in the morning and also take advantage off down times when there are parades going on. Usual you can get on the rides a little faster during this time. Also try to get on PP early. That is a pretty crazy long ride. We usually only get to ride this on once during ur trip.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #23
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meech Loves Mickey View Post
If we get FP for Space Mountain when we first enter the park, when can we get FP for Star Tours?

It will tell you directly on your FastPass. "Next FastPass Available at XX:XX"
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #24
Huff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is the Nemo ride worth riding? I feel like this is a must see for us, as we have nothing like it at WDW.

What are the lines for Nemo like later in the morning? what about later in the afternoon?
Depends on what you like. Nemo at DL is somewhat similar to Nemo at Epcot except you are in a sub instead of a clam shell. The first 1/2 the ride is mostly regarding the sub with captain speaking over the loudspeaker, diving etc. 2nd half is Nemo themed with similar effects as WDW's version.

Very early morning may see short lines and again late night.
2007 POP
2008 POP
2010 POP
2011 POP
2012 POP
2014 POP
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #25
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks.
you get smaller wait times between FP availability in the mornings before it gets crowded because your return times are earlier. So you can collect FPs in the morning and use them later in the day as long as they don't start enforcing FP like its been rumored will happen soon.

In may we were able to get FP for Star Wars, Indy and BTMRR within about a 2 to 3 hour period because our return times for each were still in the morning. We then got a 2nd for BTMRR soon after that. Between we rode several rides in FL ( ( and a couple in other areas) as well as eac of the rides we got FP for.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #26
Rebekkap
Australian Mouseketeer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furb & dez View Post
It will tell you directly on your FastPass. "Next FastPass Available at XX:XX"
It's either two hours after you get the pass, or AT the return window, not two hours after the return window!

And I really like Nemo - it's so cute!
Disneyland California - July 1987 (with my grandmother &brother), Disneyland Paris - May 2009 (with mum & friends), Disneyworld - December 2011 (with my DP), Hong Kong Disneyland - March 2012 (with my DP), Disneyland California/Disney's California Adventure - June 2012 (solo), Disneyland California/Disney's California Adventure - December 2012/January 2013 (with my DP), Disneyland California/Disney's California Adventure - July 2013 (with my aunt), Disneyworld - May 2014 (with my sister), Disneyland and maybe Disneyworld and Harry Potter - March 2015 solo trip
Rebekkap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:24 AM   #27
emacat
Polishing up my ears

We also usually hit Nemo first thing in the morning. It's a slow, long line the rest of the day, but if you had over first thing you should be on in minutes.
First WDW trip June 21-28 2013 at Port Orleans Riverside!

Mom Emilie

emacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #28
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

I would head to Fantasyland first if you are interested in those rides. Then head over to tomorrowland and grab fastpasses for space or star tours, ride buzz and Nemo if the line is shorter (20 min or less). then you can hit up the rest using fast passes with no problem. Matterhorn can be long but it moves pretty quickly.

Nemo usually clears out late in the evening too. So you might have no wait then plus the subs can be half empty then. My BF and I rode one morning since everyone was at space and we had a sub with only 10 others...plenty of space.

~~Amy~~ Lexi Baby
~~Jeff~~ Mickey
WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW POP Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum Trip July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014, April 2014-2015 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014 WWOHP DA July 2014 DLR/WDW Wedding/Disneymoon Oct. 2014

Long Term Goal is to stay at all Disney Hotels...so far I've been to.....
All Star Movies-1, All Star Music-1, Pop-1, Coronado Springs-1, Animal Kingdom Lodge -2, Disneyland Hotel-1, Paradise Pier-3
hpfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #29
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

I find it curious to hear this ride referred to as the Nemo ride. As a native of Orange County, California and a person that has been going to Disneyland all of my life, I call that ride the submarine ride. Long before there was a clownfish named Nemo, or a company named Pixar, Disney was stuffing guests into a semi-submurged tube and showing them what life was like under the sea.

BTW the descirption of the ride posted above is spot on. It's slow churn, claustrophobic and the port holes in the side of the submarine are designed for kids and very small adults. Below please find a photo of my daughter (on the left) and two of her friends enjoying the submarine ride.

I'm 6'6" tall and didnt bother to stick my head in the port hole. Some Disney rides exit guests into the gift shop. This one (and the Matterhorn) should exit guests into the chiropractor's office.

Rick
rmgreenesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #30
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Here's my take... We do FL first always in the morning. Here's why.

With the exception of PP and Dumbo every ride in the area behind the castle will be walk on and the rides themselves are short. As the morning goes on their lines will build, so if Pinocchio, Alice, Snow White, Toad, Storybook Boats, Casey Jr, and the Carousal, all have built even 10 minute lines each by the time you get over there, you've added maybe 70 minutes of line time, vs maybe a twenty to thirty minute wait on Nemo if you do FL first.

Last edited by interstate70s; 12-03-2012 at 01:03 PM.
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: