Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #2026
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

I also have long hair and think the hair dryers at BWI are great - no need to pack one. Now the Disney Wonder is another matter . . .
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/???)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #2027
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

So excited for our first BWI stay next month!! We're usually across the lake at BC when we stay in the Epcot area. We got a lagoon view room, and we're really excited to be able to look out onto the Boardwalk! We're just there for a weekend before we head "home" to the Poly, but I can't wait!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #2028
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianAli View Post
Heading down in a couple of weeks and starting to think about packing. In an effort to save some suitcase space, I wondered what kind of hairdryers they have at the BWI. I could deal with a decent, but not my own one if it's one that it's in a bag and has some power. If it's a wall one, I'm doomed to find case space.

Anyone know?
I am at the BWV now. The hair dryer is a Conair 1875. It has a nice attachment that helps to control the air flow/spot dry your hair. It is in a black bag so I assume it's the same hair dryer at the BWI. It is plenty strong so no need to bring one from home.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #2029
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyndianPrincessJes View Post
So excited for our first BWI stay next month!! We're usually across the lake at BC when we stay in the Epcot area. We got a lagoon view room, and we're really excited to be able to look out onto the Boardwalk! We're just there for a weekend before we head "home" to the Poly, but I can't wait!!
Lucky you. I think the BWI/Poly split stay is perfect! My favorite as well.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #2030
CanadianAli
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys! I thought that's what they had, but just wanted to make sure. Thick, long hair has left me wary of any hotel hairdryers when you aren't sure what you're going to get.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #2031
gogo
DIS Veteran

Hi All,

I put a reservation on hold until next week for BWI standard club level room with deluxe dining. I'm going to book in a couple of days. I am curious because I received an email from the Beach Club planning department listing all the available CM's to help book whatever we need. I didn't recognize any of the names from the BWI club level. Does BWI use the BC CM's for this.

We stayed last year at BWI standard club level and we didn't receive any emails. I wonder if it is because this is a hold and not an actual reservation yet??? I know they have the correct resort because it was identified in their email.

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to our second stay at the BWI. Last January was our first time at BWI after being to Disney many, many times and we loved it.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #2032
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo View Post
Hi All,

I put a reservation on hold until next week for BWI standard club level room with deluxe dining. I'm going to book in a couple of days. I am curious because I received an email from the Beach Club planning department listing all the available CM's to help book whatever we need. I didn't recognize any of the names from the BWI club level. Does BWI use the BC CM's for this.

We stayed last year at BWI standard club level and we didn't receive any emails. I wonder if it is because this is a hold and not an actual reservation yet??? I know they have the correct resort because it was identified in their email.

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to our second stay at the BWI. Last January was our first time at BWI after being to Disney many, many times and we loved it.
Hi GoGo,
There is one Itinerary Planning Office that helps club level guests at all three Epcot resorts, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk Inn. The folks that work there are IPO, only. They don't work at the various club levels. There are different CM's that work on the Club level floors.
I don't always receive an email from the IPO when I book. When I don't I just send them an introductory email with our name, reservation # and any other details.
I really like working with the IPO, they are very helpful. They are available to you both by email and by phone. Congrats on your upcoming stay, and happy planning!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #2033
gogo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi GoGo,
There is one Itinerary Planning Office that helps club level guests at all three Epcot resorts, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk Inn. The folks that work there are IPO, only. They don't work at the various club levels. There are different CM's that work on the Club level floors.
I don't always receive an email from the IPO when I book. When I don't I just send them an introductory email with our name, reservation # and any other details.
I really like working with the IPO, they are very helpful. They are available to you both by email and by phone. Congrats on your upcoming stay, and happy planning!

Thanks Gwynne for the quick reply. I've stayed club level several times and haven't seen this before so it's nice to know.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #2034
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
Lucky you. I think the BWI/Poly split stay is perfect! My favorite as well.
We're really looking forward to it!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #2035
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

I'm looking for some advice on room requests!
We will be arriving at BWI CL in just 37 days!
It has been several years since we've last stayed there, we are booked for standard CL and I believe last time we had a view of the rose garden area and the backside of the WS. We could see the high fireworks from our balcony. Could someone give me a quick run down on the possible locations for CL standard... and what request I should make. Last time we were pretty close to the lounge which was nice. It's been so long it's hard to remember a lot about it. Does anyone know an approximate percentage of rooms that have daybeds? I was counting on disneyzone for a room map but sadly they are all gone. Thanks for any info you can share!
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #2036
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
The BEST rooms ever......wonderful views and so much room!
AHHHH, I am so excited to hear that! Cant wait to get there!!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #2037
gogo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
It has been several years since we've last stayed there, we are booked for standard CL and I believe last time we had a view of the rose garden area and the backside of the WS. We could see the high fireworks from our balcony. Could someone give me a quick run down on the possible locations for CL standard... and what request I should make. Last time we were pretty close to the lounge which was nice. It's been so long it's hard to remember a lot about it. Does anyone know an approximate percentage of rooms that have daybeds? I was counting on disneyzone for a room map but sadly they are all gone. Thanks for any info you can share!

We stayed at BWI last January in a standard CL room. I requested a boardwalk view and as a second choice a pool view. We were given a boardwalk view, the CM checking us in said because it was not busy during that time we would be getting the boardwalk view. It was wonderful. Although the balcony was small it was still very enjoyable. The room was not very far from the club lounge or the elevators or maybe in comparison to other resorts we've stayed at the walk didn't appear as far

We're planning another visit this coming January and I requested the same locations, boardwalk view and second choice pool. Hopefully, we will get the boardwalk view but I understand it is just a request.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #2038
snowwite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
We just got back from a Thanksgiving trip. We had Rm 4057 which is a Deluxe Studio with daybed, Q pull out sofa and Q bed. we had a fridge,microwave,toaster and coffee pot. The balcony overlooks the surrey rental and faces the spaceship earth at epcot, the greens with a large xmas tree and the veranda. We had a clear view of both MK and Epcot fireworks. The stairs to right of room come out by the pool/arcade area. The elevator comes out in lobby by the gift shop. We saw a couple getting into Cinderellas coach to go to the gazebo for a wedding. It was a great room.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #2039
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwite View Post
We just got back from a Thanksgiving trip. We had Rm 4057 which is a Deluxe Studio with daybed, Q pull out sofa and Q bed. we had a fridge,microwave,toaster and coffee pot. The balcony overlooks the surrey rental and faces the spaceship earth at epcot, the greens with a large xmas tree and the veranda. We had a clear view of both MK and Epcot fireworks. The stairs to right of room come out by the pool/arcade area. The elevator comes out in lobby by the gift shop. We saw a couple getting into Cinderellas coach to go to the gazebo for a wedding. It was a great room.
It sounds fantastic, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #2040
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwite View Post
Did you check in on Thanksgiving Day? That's the day we checked out of this room. It was a great room!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: