DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
jeniferg
Earning My Ears
 
jeniferg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Horseheads, NY
Posts: 15

Bad Experience with The Timeshare Store today

1st...let me say that my family bought our original points through DVC directly. Our 2nd set of points we purchased through the Timeshare Store. We had a good experience with our agent Jamie. Enough of a good experience that we are currently looking to add on yet again & decided to look at TS again. I received an email yesterday with EXACTLY what we are looking for in it. I emailed Jamie...forgetting she had told me she was out of the office until Friday. After not receiving a response from her (obviously) I called their office today. All I really wanted was an answer to a couple of my questions. Since Jamie wasn't there, I was transfered to someone else. Looking on their website, this person isn't an agent, he's the sales manager. My first conversation with him didn't go exactly as I liked...I figured it was just my bluetooth that was annoying to him & that's why I got the feeling like I was a nuisance to him. Once I got home, I called him from a landline hoping a better connection would lead me to get the information I was still seeking. This conversation actually went worse than my 1st one with him. I felt as though my call (& essentially my money) wasn't important enough for him to use a little common courtesy on. I felt as though I was a bother to him (& told him as much) & that clearly he was having a bad day. Had I dealt with him last year when we purchased our 1st set of points through them, I would have never purchased those points. I guess my question is this...should I let this experience with this person (who is not my agent) deter me from purchasing points from TS? We are looking to purchase 120pts-170pts at BW...I can probably look on other resellers sites...should I? Had he just used a little customer service on me...rather than tell me "I told you before..." I probably wouldn't feel this way. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Jen
__________________
Jen G
jeniferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran
 
GOOFY D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Louisiana, USA
Posts: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniferg View Post
1st...let me say that my family bought our original points through DVC directly. Our 2nd set of points we purchased through the Timeshare Store. We had a good experience with our agent Jamie. Enough of a good experience that we are currently looking to add on yet again & decided to look at TS again. I received an email yesterday with EXACTLY what we are looking for in it. I emailed Jamie...forgetting she had told me she was out of the office until Friday. After not receiving a response from her (obviously) I called their office today. All I really wanted was an answer to a couple of my questions. Since Jamie wasn't there, I was transfered to someone else. Looking on their website, this person isn't an agent, he's the sales manager. My first conversation with him didn't go exactly as I liked...I figured it was just my bluetooth that was annoying to him & that's why I got the feeling like I was a nuisance to him. Once I got home, I called him from a landline hoping a better connection would lead me to get the information I was still seeking. This conversation actually went worse than my 1st one with him. I felt as though my call (& essentially my money) wasn't important enough for him to use a little common courtesy on. I felt as though I was a bother to him (& told him as much) & that clearly he was having a bad day. Had I dealt with him last year when we purchased our 1st set of points through them, I would have never purchased those points. I guess my question is this...should I let this experience with this person (who is not my agent) deter me from purchasing points from TS? We are looking to purchase 120pts-170pts at BW...I can probably look on other resellers sites...should I? Had he just used a little customer service on me...rather than tell me "I told you before..." I probably wouldn't feel this way. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Jen
There are other options if customer service in unacceptable. I do not put up with poor customer service. If I am not important to them, neither is my money and I will take it elsewhere.
__________________


1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
z28wiz
WDW ROCKS
With all the clapping going on, the TF hopes that z28wiz doesn't have "clapper" lamps in his house!!!!!
 
z28wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 738

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

If you are unhappy, there are two other reputable DVC brokers that you could call up. Out of three Fidelity is my favorite.
__________________
CBR-7/02, POR-5/03,DCL WONDER 5/6/04-5/9/04, CBR 5/9/04-5/16/04, CORONADO SPRINGS 4/4/05-4/9/05 (HONEYMOON), WL- 4/9/05-4/16/05(HONEYMOON), CBR-12/2/05-12/10/05, WL-3/30/06-4/6/06, DL PARADISE PIER-6/13/08-6/17/08
HHI 4/29/10-5/1/10, AKLV 05/01/10-05/08/10 (Boys first trip), SSR 12/4/10-12/10/10, WLV 4/22-4/28/11 & DCL DREAM 4/28/11-5/1/11, HHI 8/22-8/28/11
ART OF ANIMATION 1/21-1/22 DCL DREAM 1/22-1/26/12 & BLT 1/26-1/29/12.DCL MAGIC 6/15/12-6/17 DCL DREAM 8/5/12-8/10/12, BCV 10/3/12-10/9/12 DCL FANTASY 01/19/13-01/26/13, WLV 8/2-8/8/13, DCL DREAM 8/8-8/11/13 BWV 10/2013 VGF 2/9-2/10/14 DISNEY MAGIC 2/10-2/14/14 DISNEY MAGIC 2/14-2/17/14, VERO BEACH 7/2-7/7/14, SSR 7/7-7/11/14 BWV 10/8-10/12/14, VGF 2/10-2/13/15 DISNEY DREAM 2/13-2/16/15




Last edited by z28wiz; 11-29-2012 at 06:27 PM.
z28wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer
 
MickeyFan612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 424

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I had a similar phone conversation, with a broker, from one of the four big DVC resale sites (not naming names) a couple years ago! I have never purchased a contract from that company nor do I call to check on any of their new listings, no matter how attractive they may look! I spend my money where I'm comfortable doing so
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
jeniferg
Earning My Ears
 
jeniferg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Horseheads, NY
Posts: 15

Just do a search for Fidelity then? I messaged the other DVC reseller...dvcbyresale...I don't know too much about them. I'm willing to wait for exactly what we want...but I'd prefer to be treated like I'm important!
__________________
Jen G
jeniferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
dvcterry
DIS Veteran
 
dvcterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,641

There's no excuse for poor customer service. For what it's worth I had a very pleasant resale with Fidelity. Although the contract I was looking for was not listed, they called me when one became available and they were very professional.

On another note, I was likewise upset today after I had been waiting to hear back from one resaler regarding this great contract. No one else would talk to me and all I kept getting was an email that I will call you shortly. When the agent finally called me after waiting a week and half I said the customer service was poor and I would take my business elsewhere.
__________________
Terry
dvcterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
cuteinnocent
Mouseketeer
 
cuteinnocent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 141

It's too bad that one guy is giving the company a bad name. I would talk to Jamie and let her know what happened and how you feel since you do like her. Maybe they will do something like not letting that guy talk to customers, at least if they know then maybe no one else would have to be subjected to him and you'd be doing other customers a favor. See how you feel after her response if you still want to work with her, it wasn't her fault.
cuteinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
cuteinnocent
Mouseketeer
 
cuteinnocent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 141

FYI - I've been dealing with Fidelity currently and they've been great.
cuteinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!
 
rusafee1183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,108

Sharon at Fidelity has been great. She has answered several questions and been very pateint even when I feel like I am being annoying. She has never said anything or done anything to make me feel that way. I just am asking a lot.
__________________
Heather & Bob
rusafee1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...
 
JimMIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)
Posts: 11,510

I've had numerous contacts with the person you are talking about, and he has always been tremendously helpful and professional.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
Jason@dvcstore
I support "addonitis"
 
Jason@dvcstore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,012

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniferg View Post
1st...let me say that my family bought our original points through DVC directly. Our 2nd set of points we purchased through the Timeshare Store. We had a good experience with our agent Jamie. Enough of a good experience that we are currently looking to add on yet again & decided to look at TS again. I received an email yesterday with EXACTLY what we are looking for in it. I emailed Jamie...forgetting she had told me she was out of the office until Friday. After not receiving a response from her (obviously) I called their office today. All I really wanted was an answer to a couple of my questions. Since Jamie wasn't there, I was transfered to someone else. Looking on their website, this person isn't an agent, he's the sales manager. My first conversation with him didn't go exactly as I liked...I figured it was just my bluetooth that was annoying to him & that's why I got the feeling like I was a nuisance to him. Once I got home, I called him from a landline hoping a better connection would lead me to get the information I was still seeking. This conversation actually went worse than my 1st one with him. I felt as though my call (& essentially my money) wasn't important enough for him to use a little common courtesy on. I felt as though I was a bother to him (& told him as much) & that clearly he was having a bad day. Had I dealt with him last year when we purchased our 1st set of points through them, I would have never purchased those points. I guess my question is this...should I let this experience with this person (who is not my agent) deter me from purchasing points from TS? We are looking to purchase 120pts-170pts at BW...I can probably look on other resellers sites...should I? Had he just used a little customer service on me...rather than tell me "I told you before..." I probably wouldn't feel this way. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Jen
I would not let your experience with me on the phone ruin your future dealings with The Timeshare Store, Inc.® I apologize that the first time you called that I didn't have more information but when you asked me if the property was available and I looked it up the listing no longer existed. Normally it would be either available, sale pending or sold on our system internally but I couldn't find it at all so I had to give the bad news that the listing wasn't available any longer. After the conversation my concern began that maybe we dropped the ball on the listing. After researching further I discovered the seller had called in to say they sold the property and that was the reason it had been deleted instead of available, sale pending, or sold.

When you called back in and I discovered we had spoke earlier I then tried to share that new information to you and in my mind I just said "I told you earlier the property was gone........... and" I thought I went on to explain the reason why, however, the conversation didn't go well after this and that was not my intent at all. I didn't mean to make you upset or cause you to have any ill will towards The Timeshare Store, Inc.® I value all business at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® so my hope is that if we have the right listing for you and your family my conversation with you will not stop you from pursuing the listing. If you ever call the store and Jamie is not there and you don't want to talk to me then feel free to ask to speak to anyone but Jason. I apologize and I feel all customers are important.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker Associate
From The Timeshare Store, Inc.®
Jason@dvcstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #12
tb1972
DIS Veteran
 
tb1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 593

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniferg
1st...let me say that my family bought our original points through DVC directly. Our 2nd set of points we purchased through the Timeshare Store. We had a good experience with our agent Jamie. Enough of a good experience that we are currently looking to add on yet again & decided to look at TS again. I received an email yesterday with EXACTLY what we are looking for in it. I emailed Jamie...forgetting she had told me she was out of the office until Friday. After not receiving a response from her (obviously) I called their office today. All I really wanted was an answer to a couple of my questions. Since Jamie wasn't there, I was transfered to someone else. Looking on their website, this person isn't an agent, he's the sales manager. My first conversation with him didn't go exactly as I liked...I figured it was just my bluetooth that was annoying to him & that's why I got the feeling like I was a nuisance to him. Once I got home, I called him from a landline hoping a better connection would lead me to get the information I was still seeking. This conversation actually went worse than my 1st one with him. I felt as though my call (& essentially my money) wasn't important enough for him to use a little common courtesy on. I felt as though I was a bother to him (& told him as much) & that clearly he was having a bad day. Had I dealt with him last year when we purchased our 1st set of points through them, I would have never purchased those points. I guess my question is this...should I let this experience with this person (who is not my agent) deter me from purchasing points from TS? We are looking to purchase 120pts-170pts at BW...I can probably look on other resellers sites...should I? Had he just used a little customer service on me...rather than tell me "I told you before..." I probably wouldn't feel this way. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Jen
I recently too had a disappointing experience. I emailed TS after hrs Saturday night and expressed we were bidding on a contract on their site - offering the seller's price. I was told to call at 8:50 AM on Sunday. They opened at 9:00 and I was told to call 10 minutes early before opening. Well, the guy came in at 8:30 and sold my contract before a half hour before opening. I know the contracts go fast, but this didn't seem right when my intent was known and I was told to call at 8:50.
__________________
meDHDD12DS10
MaxwellSebastian

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #13
ELMC
DIS Veteran
 
ELMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@dvcstore

I would not let your experience with me on the phone ruin your future dealings with The Timeshare Store, Inc.® I apologize that the first time you called that I didn't have more information but when you asked me if the property was available and I looked it up the listing no longer existed. Normally it would be either available, sale pending or sold on our system internally but I couldn't find it at all so I had to give the bad news that the listing wasn't available any longer. After the conversation my concern began that maybe we dropped the ball on the listing. After researching further I discovered the seller had called in to say they sold the property and that was the reason it had been deleted instead of available, sale pending, or sold.

When you called back in and I discovered we had spoke earlier I then tried to share that new information to you and in my mind I just said "I told you earlier the property was gone........... and" I thought I went on to explain the reason why, however, the conversation didn't go well after this and that was not my intent at all. I didn't mean to make you upset or cause you to have any ill will towards The Timeshare Store, Inc.® I value all business at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® so my hope is that if we have the right listing for you and your family my conversation with you will not stop you from pursuing the listing. If you ever call the store and Jamie is not there and you don't want to talk to me then feel free to ask to speak to anyone but Jason. I apologize and I feel all customers are important.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker Associate
From The Timeshare Store, Inc.®
For what it's worth, I think this says a lot.
__________________
ELMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #14
tiffrobyn
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming swimming swimming swimming.
 
tiffrobyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
For what it's worth, I think this says a lot.
I agree.

I wouldn't discount an entire agency because of an experience with one person. Everyone has bad days and sometimes personalities just don't mesh.

FWIW, I purchased our first contract through TTS and I am currently in the process of purchasing our second through Fidelity. It just so happened that Fidelity had the contract that met my needs.
tiffrobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #15
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH
 
WILDERNESS FAN 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 866

That was good that Jason posted an apology. Classy. That being said I was very happy with Fidelity also when I purchased my OKW recently.
__________________
We're not the only people on this Island and we all know it!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.