Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #11
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

We arrived on the Monday after Thanksgiving and I was surprised at the crowds at the MK both Monday and Wednesday (of course they were the only 2 days that there was no Christmas party this week). Tuesday at MK wasn't bad however.

We only do the parks for a little while each day- Monday we were going to try the New Fantastyland but got into the park about 11am and it was absolutely crazy- a 45 minutes wait to get into BOG for a QS lunch, long waits for everything else in this part of the park. We did Pinocchio's for lunch and then were going to try the Haunted Mansion (30 minutes wait time listed so we skipped). We got our room number at this point so DH went back to the room and I played a few rounds of sorcerers of the MK. We came back to the park for our 4:15 BOG reservations and waited a little bit to get in. I had requested the West Wing, we were not originally scheduled to be there but our hostess noticed the request and changed our table. The grey stuff is a sweet cheese (thinking marscipone) with a cookie and cream flavoring to it.

Tuesday we headed over to Mk again and went to New Fantasyland- they did a wonderful job with The little Mermaid ride- it is beautiful and a great ride. We also visited Ariel- a well done line and set up to get you in as fast as possible. We then headed over to see Belle- what an amazingly done attraction- definitely lots of fun and very well done. I can see parents buying photopass just for these photos as they have a photographer taking photos of the whole show and you get a card that has all those photos on it. Again the way they developed parts of this is fabulous- I believe they have it set up to have up to 4 rooms of 45ish people going at a time without it being too obvious. Lots of fun and definitely be in the show if you want a photo with Belle.We got out of storytime at 10:20 and got into the short line for BOG lunch opening (10:30am) so we went to lunch and sat in the side room that is not open for dinner. Love the way they do lunch here- it really helps move people through the line and is fun. Besides lunch on nice dishes is always a nice counterpoint to the normal QS. We spent the evening at Epcot and then a late dinner at Narcossie's.

This morning we headed over to the completed Storybook Circus (I had been on barnstormer since it reopened but had not seen all of the new area). We rode dumbo- the play area looks like it would be a lot of fun but the ride was walk on at the time so no one was inside the area. We also saw all of the characters and there areas are very well done and lots of fun. The water play area looks like it will be fun and very wet for anyone who decides to play there. The gift shop is also lots of fun.

I spent more time playing sorcerers than anything else and moved up to the medium level- I found the biggest difference is walking to more portals since it takes at least 2 to complete the spells against each villain or henchman. Also I didn't get one but they do have some shirts that you can buy to enhance you power during the game. Another fun item I found was a scavenger hunt book that has photos of places around WDW and you guess where it is (the answers are inside the front cover of book).

Rebecca

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: