Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #2011
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

Reporting live from my 5th Floor Village Green view BWV studio balcony - enjoying a glass of wine from a bottle that I bought in Epcot at Italy. Excellent room view/location . I will try post a picture when I get back. Spent a day relaxing at the resort. I highly recommend planning a no park day to enjoy all the resort has to offer!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #2012
LuvLDM
DIS Veteran

May I ask what a village green view is? Sounds nice!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #2013
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

Village green is the large grassy area that faces the lake & the boat launch. My room is above the Wyland Gallery. It has a lovely view of the lake/partial boardwalk. I can see a bit of the Epcot ball. I am staying at the BWV on a standard cash reservation thru CRO. My room is also very close to the elevator. It has been very quiet a night. Very convenient location with a lovely view.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #2014
savannahcat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn3
Village green is the large grassy area that faces the lake & the boat launch. My room is above the Wyland Gallery. It has a lovely view of the lake/partial boardwalk. I can see a bit of the Epcot ball. I am staying at the BWV on a standard cash reservation thru CRO. My room is also very close to the elevator. It has been very quiet a night. Very convenient location with a lovely view.
We had one of those 5th floor village green studios on our June trip. We LOVED that location!

1985/1990 - Offsite * 9/1996 - All Star Sports * 11/2004 - Embassy Suites * 2/2005 - Embassy Suites * 4/2005 - Embassy Suites * 5/2005 - Embassy Suites * 10/2005 - Embassy Suites * 12/2006 - Windsor Hills * 5/2007 - Windsor Hills *10/2007 - Windsor Hills * 11/2008 - Windsor Hills * 1/2009 - Windsor Hills * 7/2009 - Swan * 10/2009 - Emerald Island * 6/2010 - AKV * 1/2011 - Barefoot'n in the Keys Resort * 6/2011 - AKV/Indian Creek * 6/2012 - Disney Dream * 6/2012 - BWV * 1/2013 Regal Oaks * 6/2013 BWV/SSR * 11/2013 BWV * 6/2014 BCV/RPR/AKV
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #2015
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

From the latest AllEars Newsletter:

The Flying Fish Cafe at Disney's BoardWalk will hold another Winery Series Event, "Kicking Off the 2012 Holiday Season with Style and Elegance," featuring the champagnes of Maison Veuve Clicquot, which will be paired with Chef Tim Keating's French-inspired menu, on Friday, December 14, 2012. Special guest for the evening will be Julie Andersson of Moet Hennessy-North America Wines. Reception is at 6 p.m., dinner starts at 6:15. Price is $185 per person (includes of gratuity) plus tax. Seating is limited to just 40 guests for this event; call 407-939-5102 to reserve space.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #2016
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollymn View Post
Lurker here, checking in to BWV on Sunday
Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
I hope you're having a great time at BWV and you're not a lurker anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieinJuneau View Post
Congrats to all the newly weds

We just booked 10 nights at the beginning of Oct for our Honeymoon it must be the hot time to go. Food and Wine plus Halloween are factors for us for sure. My first time staying on the Boardwalk, and DH's first time in Disney or Florida or farther east then Organ!

This thread has been super helpful. I am so excited!
Congratulations! I wish you all the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn3 View Post
Reporting live from my 5th Floor Village Green view BWV studio balcony - enjoying a glass of wine from a bottle that I bought in Epcot at Italy. Excellent room view/location . I will try post a picture when I get back. Spent a day relaxing at the resort. I highly recommend planning a no park day to enjoy all the resort has to offer!
Thanks for checking in with us. Resort days are a must - great suggestion.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #2017
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! Just over from the resort changers thread, and am now booked for BWI for the first part of our stay. Originally we were GF sugarloaf then moving to the main bldg for a few days, wanted main bldg the whole time but its unavailable under AP rates for our dates. With all the construction outside sugarloaf we decided to go elsewhere and BWI was the best suggestion!

I wanted to book the garden suite but talked myself out of it and went with a std club level room. It'll be myself, hubby, dd (3yo) and ds (6mos) so we wanted the extra room of the cottage. I'm hoping you all could either confirm or deny if we made the right choice, since the cottage is still available.

We use the club level, but never to sit and eat there. We always grab and go and take back to our room. We will have a stroller so stairs could be an issue, but we are young so the walking doesn't bother us. Since the kids are young, they go to bed very early and me and dh like to sit and relax while they sleep without worrying to wake them up, either on balcony people watching, or some tv, etc. do you think the cottage would be too hard to navigate to the minimal amount of time we spend there? Or do you think the extra room and separate space would be worth the inconvenience?

TIA!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #2018
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
Hi everyone! Just over from the resort changers thread, and am now booked for BWI for the first part of our stay. Originally we were GF sugarloaf then moving to the main bldg for a few days, wanted main bldg the whole time but its unavailable under AP rates for our dates. With all the construction outside sugarloaf we decided to go elsewhere and BWI was the best suggestion!

I wanted to book the garden suite but talked myself out of it and went with a std club level room. It'll be myself, hubby, dd (3yo) and ds (6mos) so we wanted the extra room of the cottage. I'm hoping you all could either confirm or deny if we made the right choice, since the cottage is still available.

We use the club level, but never to sit and eat there. We always grab and go and take back to our room. We will have a stroller so stairs could be an issue, but we are young so the walking doesn't bother us. Since the kids are young, they go to bed very early and me and dh like to sit and relax while they sleep without worrying to wake them up, either on balcony people watching, or some tv, etc. do you think the cottage would be too hard to navigate to the minimal amount of time we spend there? Or do you think the extra room and separate space would be worth the inconvenience?

TIA!!

I can't speak to the cottage too much, but are there any Club Deluxe rooms available? Those have a nice setup in terms of extra space, and are either on the club level or only one floor down. Might be worth looking into.
Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 11-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #2019
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac

I can't speak to the cottage too much, but are there any Club Deluxe rooms available? Those have a nice setup in terms of extra space, and are either on the club level or only one floor down. Might be worth looking into.
Enjoy!
Unfortunately only std club or garden cottage were available during our stay.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #2020
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

I think you are better off with the standard room. The garden suites are nice, but I think they are a little inconvienent. We will be returning with my chidren and grandchildren in just 5 more days!! My son has 3 girls, 10, 3 and 9months and they always stay in a standard room. My daughter has 2 boys, 11 and 4 and also stay in a standard room. They have enough room and enjoy the lounge with the children.

This is the 3rd year my husband and I have taken everyone to Disney and we always stay at the BWI. The cast members are wonderful there and are wonderful with the children.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #2021
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

20 days from now we will be checking into BW for 10 nts!! Our first time staying there & we are booked in a Dlx CL room
Old 11-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #2022
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn3 View Post
Sounds heavenly...I can picture it now.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #2023
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
20 days from now we will be checking into BW for 10 nts!! Our first time staying there & we are booked in a Dlx CL room
The BEST rooms ever......wonderful views and so much room!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #2024
CanadianAli
Earning My Ears

Heading down in a couple of weeks and starting to think about packing. In an effort to save some suitcase space, I wondered what kind of hairdryers they have at the BWI. I could deal with a decent, but not my own one if it's one that it's in a bag and has some power. If it's a wall one, I'm doomed to find case space.

Anyone know?
Old 11-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #2025
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianAli View Post
Heading down in a couple of weeks and starting to think about packing. In an effort to save some suitcase space, I wondered what kind of hairdryers they have at the BWI. I could deal with a decent, but not my own one if it's one that it's in a bag and has some power. If it's a wall one, I'm doomed to find case space.

Anyone know?
None of the Deluxes have the wall units - it's underneath the sink in a bag. My daughter and I have long hair and we've found they work well - no reason to bring your own.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: