Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #31
kaligal
DIS Veteran

It is the exceedingly rare meal I have at WDW that I don't hear them singing to someone at least once. Very often, they sing more than once.

I do think that it would be nice for them to stick a candle in a cupcake and sing. But, if it is important to you, you should order and pay for it.

Me, myself, I've never asked them to do anything. I don't wear buttons. I don't want the singing, etc. so when they ignore my celebration, I'm happy with that.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #32
collins316
Mouseketeer

I would have pulled a waitress/hostess/manager to the side (not in front of your DD) and asked, "You asked if I was celebrating, and I said yes. We heard other tables getting HB sung to them. Did maybe someone forget us? I know how super busy you are" As long as it was asked nicely, and with some empathy them,,, I can't imagine they would ignore you on purpose. The opposite would be true if someone just yelled at them to get their way- more bees with honey type of thing.

But I see so many people wearing the pins for their whole week there, I can see the CM's getting a little burnt out on everyone having a special day. I am of the belief that the pins should be worn on the one day only. Not your case- that is just a general statement about the pins.
I have noticed celebrations are sort of random. We were given a beautiful cake at the Cape May Buffet, we didnt say anything, no buttons, the waitress just said she saw it on our reservation. But the actual day of our anniversary, nothing happened at dinner. Wow- I cant even remember where we ate that night. And it was only September!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: