Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
DawnM
Dawn

Did anyone else get the Halo 4 Amazon deal?

I ordered the Halo 4 Amazon lightning deal.

The deal was to pay $59 for the game, get $20 Amazon gift card credit and $10 in Amazon instant streaming credit.

The game was shipped and will arrive today.

Anyone know when or how the credits will be applied? I thought they were applied when the item shipped but they aren't in my account.

Thanks.

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

That's a great deal. I bought Halo4 as a preorder for my son (Christmas) and got the $10 credit. The email I got after my title shipped said that it would be in my account. I don't know how you look up credits (I can never find out how much I have in my mp3 account either). But if you go to purchase or rent something, it should just automatically take it from your credit first. (We haven't tried to use it yet, it's good through March).
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome thanks!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
rszdtrvl
DIS Veteran

I thought I read that the Amazon credit would be a few days after it had shipped. No idea about the streaming credit.

What is the streaming credit all about anyway??
rszdtrvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

I got an email saying the credits have been applied but when I check my account I can't find them. I am going to contact them about this and will let you know.
Wadekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
PlutosMommy
Mouseketeer

I bought it for my husband, and I think I remember the confirmation email (or reading on the Amazon website when I bought it) saying that it may take up to four days after the game ships before you receive a separate email explaining your Amazon credit.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Maybe they have a glitch

This is from my CS chat session just now.

Me:HALO 4 Lightning deal.
I received an email that a $20 gift card balance had been applied to my account but when I check the balance is still set at 0.00.
I also received an email that $10 credit was applied to my account for instant video purchases. Where can I check this credit?

Hemalatha:Thank you.
I checked your account and see that you have promotional balance of $10.00.
Your available promotional certificate balance appears in the payment section when you place an order. You'll see eligible funds automatically applied. This balance doesn't appear in Your Account (you'll only see gift card balances there).

Regarding the $20 gift card balance, this will be e-mailed and added to your account within 4 days of your order is shipped.

Me:I received an email from Amazon at 1:21 EST stating that the $20 gift had been applied to my account. The email also had a direct link to the check you balance page. This is what prompted me to check and also why I am concerned that the balance shows 0.00

Hemalatha:Thank you for the information,
In this case, I'll forward this to our marketing team and they'll look into your account and will add the gift card to your account and will send you an e-mail with the details, will this help?

Me:That will help. Thank you.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
kim929
DIS Veteran

I purchased this deal. When I look at the status it says shipping soon,with estimated delivery date of Friday. Did your order say this until you received it?
kim929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim929 View Post
I purchased this deal. When I look at the status it says shipping soon,with estimated delivery date of Friday. Did your order say this until you received it?
Mine says shipped. ETA Dec 3

I can also track it.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Email Response

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't received the $20 Amazon.com Gift card promotion.

I need to look into the problem with concerned department, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
Stargazer
Second star to the right and straight on till morning ~ Peter Pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadekind View Post
This is from my CS chat session just now.

Me:HALO 4 Lightning deal.
I received an email that a $20 gift card balance had been applied to my account but when I check the balance is still set at 0.00.
I also received an email that $10 credit was applied to my account for instant video purchases. Where can I check this credit?

Hemalatha:Thank you.
I checked your account and see that you have promotional balance of $10.00.
Your available promotional certificate balance appears in the payment section when you place an order. You'll see eligible funds automatically applied. This balance doesn't appear in Your Account (you'll only see gift card balances there).

Regarding the $20 gift card balance, this will be e-mailed and added to your account within 4 days of your order is shipped.

Me:I received an email from Amazon at 1:21 EST stating that the $20 gift had been applied to my account. The email also had a direct link to the check you balance page. This is what prompted me to check and also why I am concerned that the balance shows 0.00

Hemalatha:Thank you for the information,
In this case, I'll forward this to our marketing team and they'll look into your account and will add the gift card to your account and will send you an e-mail with the details, will this help?

Me:That will help. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadekind View Post
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't received the $20 Amazon.com Gift card promotion.

I need to look into the problem with concerned department, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.

I had basically the same result last night - I had received the email for the $10 instant video credit (but it was not yet credited to my account), but had received nothing for the $20 gift card. The CSR I chatted with forwarded the problem to their marketing dept. This morning, I received an e-mail that said everything should be credited on 11/29 and if it's not, I'm to e-mail them back.
The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after.
My 1st trip 1983 ~ Off-site June 2007 ~ WL August 2008 ~ ASMu November 2009 free dining ~ CBR May/June 2011 free dining ~ Off-site March 2013 (and our 1st time trying US/IOA!)
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #12
DawnM
Dawn

Thank you.

I just this morning received the $10 credit to my instant video. And I did look and it is in my account.

I will give the $20 a few more days and then email them.

Is there a phone number to call?????

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #13
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM View Post
Thank you.

I just this morning received the $10 credit to my instant video. And I did look and it is in my account.

Dawn
How do you look it up? I thought that you couldn't look at credits for digital downloads.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
rszdtrvl
DIS Veteran

My $20 gc balance is in my account already. I got an email this morning and looked in my account.
rszdtrvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #15
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Got the game in the mail today. If you're hiding it for Christmas watch out becuse the envelope for mine was covered in graphics fro Call of Duty Black OPs 2.

Checked my balance ans still 0.00

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: