Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
Kcags
Mouseketeer

How are the beds and WiFi at Coronado

Hi all. We'll be arriving at CSR in 12 days! Woohoo! Just wondering if anyone knows from experience how their wifi was. Also, are the beds softer or harder? Thanks!
Kcags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

The beds were comfortable.. The WiFi is a little sketchy though.. My wife and I got a king bed in our room and it was great. When I got on my computer through their WiFi it would only show up as 3 to 4 bars for the connection. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't what I would think Disney World would have. When you open up your browser it'll automatically open up to the CSR page on the Disney website. That wasn't a big deal but when I tried to get on to this website to check things out it was pretty slow. It could have been where we were located though (Casitas 5). It's not that far from El Centro but I heard that staying closer to El Centro has a better WiFi connection.. Seems to be accurate though because when I would get on my cell phones WiFi at El Centro while getting sodas in the refillable mugs it was a lot quicker.

Mind you.. I have a brand new HP Pavilion dv7 lap top computer that I had bought 5 days before our trip. So I'm hoping it wasn't my computer..
ArmyVet80 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We have found the newer beds at CSR to be the most comfortable we have ever slept on at Disney. I took my laptop the last time we were at CSR two years ago when you still ahd to pay for the internet connection and I had no problem at that time. I'll be back at CSR in nine days and hope not to have any problems...although all I'll probably be doing with the laptop most of the time is downloading pictures every night...too much I want to see for our first Christmas trip.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

We were at CSR for ten nights a month ago. Beds were VERY comfortable and we found the bedding to be very nice too (nicer than the other mods).

Wifi was a joke inside the room. We had good luck at the pools but inside the room we just gave up. Very annoying. I will add that we had the same issue at CBR last March.

The best wifi coverage I had was at Epcot. I would upload pictures onto facebook there with no issues on my smartphone.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Beds are literally the best beds ever. Amazing! We had a king room last time and the bed was enormous! The wifi was free and adequate. Not fast not terrible.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

I remember reading all the posts about the beds being really comfy. I have problems sleeping and that is the biggest reason we booked. I was disappointed. I'm not sure if I was not so comfy from the mattress or the blankets/ comforter. The bed was pretty hard and the blankets were really stiff. IMO
Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #7
tweety38
Mouseketeer

We were in Ranchos 7B and wifi was good. Beds were great.
tweety38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Beds are literally the best beds ever. Amazing! We had a king room last time and the bed was enormous! The wifi was free and adequate. Not fast not terrible.
Echo these comments 100%!!

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect

March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!

October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!

June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip and it was fantastic!

March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
sunsetbeachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #9
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

We arrive at CSR the day after you.

We stayed here right after the refurb a few years ago. The beds were on the firm side, but not too firm, IMHO. We all thought they were very comfortable. We liked the bedding too... a comforter rather than a heavy bedspread.

Enjoy your stay!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

The beds are the best at Disney, IMO. The only ones we have found to be comparable were at BWV (at a much higher price). We liked the CSR beds much better than Poly, OKW, BC and AKL and have slept great at CSR every trip.

We haven't stayed at CSR since the free Wi-Fi started, but it seems to depend very much on your room location. It seems the Casitas have better coverage. They are closer to the convention center - not sure if that is why the coverage seems to be better.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: