Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #706
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
Are there refrigerators in Pop rooms?
Yes. They are mini-fridges that do not have a freezer compartment. Check the first page of this thread as I believe Janet B posted photos of the fridge. It is adequate for basic refrigerated items.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #707
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Thanks, and I will DEFINITELY take tons of pictures (I always do!) so I will post when I return
Perfect!! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
The whitenoise apps work well, too. Less stuff to pack. I always used to bring my norelco noise machine, but now I just plug in my iPhone or iPad and let the app work its magic. (I plug it in because those apps really deplete the battery.)
Sandi ... what a great idea using the app on the phone (although we never seen to need any sleep aid, we fall asleep as soon as we hit the bed!! ... must be those long hot & humid august days! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofgal31 View Post
I check in tomorrow too!!! Won't be there as until about 1pm though. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. This is the longest day ever (or at least since the last time it was the day before I left for Disney )

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofgal31 View Post
So excited to arrive at Pop tomorrow. This trip is to celebrate my mom's 68th birthday. She arrived yesterday and is enjoying a solo day. When I get there I have a few suprises for her. I ordered one of the photo blankets from wal-mart. I put pictures of our big family trip to disney this past summer on it. I also have several Eeyore, Grumpy, and Jack Sparrow items for her. When she returns to our room tomorrow night she will have all these laid out on her bed. Can't wait to see the look on her face
The photo blanket is such a wonderful and thoughtful present for your Mom! And with all the rest of your gifts, she will be overjoyed! Have a fantastic time and as Sandi posted, PLEASE share of picture or two of your Mom's exciitement.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #708
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes. They are mini-fridges that do not have a freezer compartment. Check the first page of this thread as I believe Janet B posted photos of the fridge. It is adequate for basic refrigerated items.
Thanks Sandi!! The pictures are located in post 2.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #709
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Just got back from another quick trip to Pop Century. For the third time in a row we got placed in building 3. This time the room was facing the 60's. It was a quick walk to the Hippy Dippy pool, though the outside temps were too cool for us to swim. Wasn't too cool for many other guests. DS had a great time at the 3pm Dance party.

We were in room 3139. I was disappointed in this room. Not the location, but the physical appearance inside this room. There were several places where the wall paper and the drywall buckled pretty badly. Housekeeping was good. The beds were comfy. The same cm who checked me in last time, also did our check in this time. It's always nice to see a familiar face!

We only got to two parks, Epcot and MK. The Christmas decorations are awesome!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #710
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allieran3 View Post
I think I saw grilled cheese on the menus last night. I will double check today for u
Thank you!!! I would be so pleased if they did
Old 11-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #711
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't remember grilled cheese sandwiches being on the Pop menu, but I know you can ask for a veggie burger. They'll grill it fresh.

Also, the food court at AOA has more veggie and fish options. It is worth a walk over there to dine at the food court (IMHO).
The AOA is on our list for breakfast the next day since we get in so late tomorrow. Looking forward to checking that one out as well!
Old 11-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #712
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I'm here! My room was ready, so I am unpacked too. Got all of my requests met (Lakeview, 4th floor and 50/60s building.) I'm in building 5, the Jungle book building

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #713
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm here! My room was ready, so I am unpacked too. Got all of my requests met (Lakeview, 4th floor and 50/60s building.) I'm in building 5, the Jungle book building
Yay for arriving safe and sound!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #714
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Wow, checking in before noon and getting all your requests. That's awesome. I love the lakeview. Enjoy your trip and report in so the rest of us can live vicariously through you!

Old 11-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #715
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEPE THE PRAWN View Post
Do rooms have ceiling fans? I need a little noise to sleep ...Thanks in advance..
Do the rooms have am/fm alarm clocks? If so, a trick I use for white noise it to set it in between stations for static and turn the volume up. Hoping this is an option for our January trip!
Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #716
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

I asked a few months ago and was told that all the rooms at Pop now have sound machine alarm clocks. Is this not true?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #717
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Bldg 5 is one of my favorite locations - especially 4th fl, lake view!! Very happy for you - have fun!!!

Old 11-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #718
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsbgoofy View Post
I asked a few months ago and was told that all the rooms at Pop now have sound machine alarm clocks. Is this not true?
My recollection from our April and August trips is that the alarm clock is a basic AM-FM radio. When we stayed at BWV, the clocks were also Ipod docking stations; not so at Pop.

Maybe someone who is there now can confirm. Phoenix?

Old 11-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #719
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

My recollection from our April and August trips is that the alarm clock is a basic AM-FM radio. When we stayed at BWV, the clocks were also Ipod docking stations; not so at Pop.

Maybe someone who is there now can confirm. Phoenix?
I will check on this tonight when I go back to room, after MVMCP. I didn't even look at the clock earlier, just put my stuff in and left!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 11-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #720
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Hello- my "10 day out" date for online check in if I choose to is coming right up. I made my preferences known when I made my reservations through my TA, which have been noted on my reservation. My question is, if I take advantage of online check in, will those requests remain known or will no one ever see them? Our reservations include 3 linked ressies. Two rooms requested as connected with the third as adjoining. We will be arriving at approx. 10 am. I didn't want our original requests to be ignored in favor of being assigned room(s) that may be available at our check-in just because they are available. I've read some other posts stating that some resorts top priority is to fill the 1st available rooms and possibly not honor your original requests. I'm willing to wait until arrival if it will prevent a problem. I'm assuming that maybe 10am on a Monday morning might not be quite as hectic for regular check-in and more of a chance of getting our requests. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: