Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

We're back!! Stuffed and exhausted! I spent all day unpacking and doing laundry yesterday, so I hope to get some photos uploaded to photo bucket today and get the review started by tonight or tomorrow.

This time...Port Orleans French Quarter

Ressies at Liberty Tree, Narcoossees, Tusker House Breakfast, Yak&Yeti, 50's Prime Time, HOB Gospel Brunch, Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace Breakfast, California Grill, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Dine w/ Imagineer Brown Derby, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe,TT Dessert Party
sweeteypie1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #17
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! I hope you had some wonderful food I can't wait for your reviews!
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

Trails End Buffet

My son and I landed in Orlando and 6:30 PM and boarded the ME as soon as we made it over there. We checked in at the Wilderness Lodge which was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The lobby was truly amazing. We dropped off our bags in our room and caught the boat over to Fort Wilderness for our reservation at Trails End

We didn't want to stuff ourselves too much since we wanted to get to sleep at a decent hour so we could be up early for AK the next morning, so we skipped the salad, chili and baked potato bar.

Fried Chicken, Smoked Pork Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Mac and Cheese, Corn Bread, Pasta w/ cheesy bacon sauce

Super Close Up!

Everything was delicious, especially the fried chicken and ribs.

Roast and gravy, Green Beans, Glazed Carrots, Buttery Corn, and MORE Mashed Potatoes and Corn Bread

Thought it was time to add some veggies to the plate ;-) Again, everything very tasty.

A Happy Boy and His Food

Red Velvet Cake, Bread Pudding, Pecan Pie Square

The red velvet cake was pretty good. I thought the bread pudding was a bit too sweet. I don't remember what it was called. Raisin bread pudding? Surprisingly, I liked the pecan pie square the best. I dont usually like pecan pie because it is usually too sweet. This was buttery and yummy!! My son stuck with ice cream for dessert.

I would definitely eat here again. The staff was very friendly. The food fresh and hot. Everything is replenished frequently because it is put out in rather small bowls/trays compared to most buffets.

The electric water parade was just starting when we reached the dock, so we sat on lounge chairs on the beach and watched it and Holiday Wishes (it was a MVMCP night) A very good start to our trip.

Ressies at Liberty Tree, Narcoossees, Tusker House Breakfast, Yak&Yeti, 50's Prime Time, HOB Gospel Brunch, Rose & Crown, Crystal Palace Breakfast, California Grill, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Dine w/ Imagineer Brown Derby, Via Napoli, Kona Cafe,TT Dessert Party
Old 11-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #20
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Wow, that food looks fantastic!
Everything was very good. I highly recommend it. Good food, and fun atmosphere at Fort Wilderness.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

Roaring Forks Breakfast

Ok, I admit that in all the times I have been to Disney, I had never had a Mickey Waffle. Obviously, I had to do something about this PRONTO! My son and I got up early and headed down to Roaring Forks to pick up some breakfast to eat out on our balcony that overlooked the pool. It was an awesome view!

Breakfast Platter

I didn't try this, but it looked good and my son certainly enjoyed it!

Mickey Waffles with Strawberries and Whipped Cream

These were yummy!! The strawberries and whipped cream really made it special!

Last edited by sweeteypie1118; 11-27-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #22
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

The plan for the day was to spend the morning in Animal Kingdom, have a snack at Captain Cooks, then go to Be Our Guest for a late lunch when my husband arrived from the airport. Well, it didn't quite go as planned.

My son and I did spend a really nice morning in Animal Kingdom, then headed over to Captain Cooks at the Polynesian. We split.....

Adult Grilled Cheese w/Chips

I LOVE this sandwich. I had it last year and had to have it again. It is so flavorful and the chips are delicious too. There is only half a sandwich in the pics. My son already had the other half!

Pumpkin Cupcake with Candied Pecans

Very moist and flavorful. The frosting was very good. Not too sweet, not too heavy.

So, my husband arrives on time and meets us at Magic Kingdom shortly after we finish at Captain Cooks. It is probably around 2 PM and we head over to Be Our Guest and they are not letting anyone in or on the bridge. They said they will start letting people in "shortly" They did let us go on the bridge to take some pics. We waited about 20 minutes before I aked if they were still serving lunch anymore that day and were told they were not

Our dinner reservations weren't until 8 and DH wasn't going to make it that long, so we headed over to Sleepy Hollow since the waffle sandwiches were on my must try list anyway.

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich

This was a lot spicier than I thought it would be! It was moist, crispy and flavorful. I just wish the waffle had retained some crispness.

Ham, Prosciutto, and Swiss Waffle Sandwich

I actually liked this more than the chicken waffle. I didnt expect much from it, but was pleasantly surprised by how tasty it was.

Funnel Cake

Well, of course I had to have a funnel cake! The pic is a little blurry. Must be the powdered sugar all over my hands

Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #23
Rumpletinker
Mouseketeer

In the words of Timon, "It starts."

Wow! Everything looks delicious! The mac-n-cheese, the grilled cheese sandwich, the ham , prosciutto, and Swiss waffle sandwich! (I love cheese. )

Keep it coming!
2010- Caribbean Beach (w/cousinbb)
2011- All Star Sports (w/cousinbb)
2011- Pop Century
2013- Port Orleans Riverside
Hey you! I'm into JESUS!

Last edited by Rumpletinker; 11-27-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Rumpletinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #24
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
In the words of Timon, "It starts."

Wow! Everything looks delicious! The mac-n-cheese, the grilled cheese sandwich, the ham , prosciutto, and Swiss waffle sandwich! (I love cheese. )

Keep it coming!
Glad to hear you love cheese. I ordered a lot of cheese plates! I consider cheese a food group of its own

Old 11-28-2012, 04:29 AM   #25
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great start

I am such a fan of Wilderness Lodge and those Mickey Waffles from Roaring Fork are delicious

Did you try any of the other toppings at RF? The bananas foster ones are amazing!

I also love the adult grilled cheese at Captain Cooks, and we've had the pleasure of the nutella waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow

Trails End is on the list for our next trip so happy to see you enjoyed it. I know that DH would love the food there
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #26
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

The food at Trails End looks really good! Some day I will get over there!

And Capt Cook's has been on my list for a while now.

Great start ...looking forward to more!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #27
angelsmith52
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to your pics! We hare headed there in just a few days!

------------------------------------------------------
1977- first trip to Disney off property. Don't remember much except the sky buckets and NOT being able to ride Dumbo!!, 1985- All Star Music- went with a friend and her son, 2008- All Star Music-First Family trip, 2012- Art of Animation- SURPRISE Christmas Trip
angelsmith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #28
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great start

I am such a fan of Wilderness Lodge and those Mickey Waffles from Roaring Fork are delicious

Did you try any of the other toppings at RF? The bananas foster ones are amazing!

I also love the adult grilled cheese at Captain Cooks, and we've had the pleasure of the nutella waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow

Trails End is on the list for our next trip so happy to see you enjoyed it. I know that DH would love the food there

No darnit, I did not try any other toppings. I had plans to try more, but I was never hungry again in the morning. I went to bed feeling stuffed every night and woke up feeling that way! I completely forgot about getting the nutella waffle before the end of our trip. I really wanted to try that. I was always feeling stuffed. We had snacks all over our room that we would take a bite out of here and there becaue we could never finish anything. I got to try a lot of great restaurants, but dont think I would do the deluxe plan again.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #30
sweeteypie1118
DIS Veteran

Narcoossees

Our first signature restaurant of our trip, or actually, ever! I was really looking forward to this. We leave MK to go back to WL to change into something nicer. It takes a little longer to get back than anticipated, but we rush and change and get out of our room by 7PM. Our reservation was for 7:50. What happened after that is kind of a blur! We took the boat to MK to catch the monorail or boat to Narcoossees. I asked a CM at MK what was the quickest way and he tells me the boat. So, I see no boat appraoching and think it will be quicker to take the monorail...WRONG!! I did not know that the boat would leave you right by Narcoossees. We take the monorail which travels around to the other resorts before getting us to the GF. We are already late at this point. I did not know that Narcoossees was not in the main building of the GF and we ar walking all over looking for it. We asked for directions at the desk, and in our confused, hungry state, I guesss we did not pay close enough attention because we still couldnt find it! We asked again and they pulled out another map, which we then told them were useless to us and our inferior map reading skills and to just point and give us things to look for! We tell the woman at the desk we are already 40 minutes late for our ADR. She said he would call them and let them know we would be there shortly. We FINALLY find it and all is right with the world again after we get seatled promply and catch our breath.

We had a window table and saw the castle all lit up in icicle lights. Our server was very peppy and attentive. We were seated right next to a door to the dock which apparently they dont want you to go out of to view Wishes, so she told us where we would have to go around to go see it. However, the very nice young man that they had stationed there guarding the door who was chatting with us, told us he would let us use that door.

I'm not positive what this drink is that DH ordered. The blue glow-tini?

Bread with Hawaiian Red Sea Salt Butter

This was my favorite bread and butter of the trip. The butter was delicious!! I believe the bread was sourdough. I had to really control myself to not get stuffed on the bread. I found the Hawaiian Red Sea Salt in DTD later in the week and picked up a few packages. Wish I asked if it was a brand of butter I could buy. Did I mention it was delicious?

Creamy Florida Blue Crab Chowder
Peekytoe Crab, Roasted Sweet Zellwood Corn, Yukon Gold Potatoes, and Smoked Chili Oil

My son ordered this and loved it. I of course in the interest in being able to give a full and proper report had to give it and try and agree it was indeed delicious.

Artisanal Cheeses

Five tasting portions from around the world with accompaniments

I ordered the cheese plate. It was delicious and again, my favorite of the trip. A nice assortment of cheeses. This began my sons love affair with stealing the little bread crisps off my cheese plates in every restaurant.

Now, normally I would never post such a disgrace of a picture, but I want everyone to see DH's photography skills and know he does not realize the importance of taking pics of one's food! I tried to keep him away from the camera after this I did not know until we were back at WL what his pic looked like or I would have taken another myself!

Prince Edward Island Mussels
Tomato, White Wine, and Saffron Broth with Chorizo, Shaved Fennel,

Red Onion, and Toasted Baguette

Pitiful picture, but he said it was fantastic. I am not a mussel eater, so I did not taste it, but he was a member of the clean plate club

It was now time for Holiday Wishes to start. Our server asked if we wanted them to hold on before sending out our entrees to which I replied yes. DH glared at me As promised, we were let out of the door right next to our table. My son and I walked all the way out and away several feet and watched the lovely show. DH hung closer to the door in case they brought the food out while we were outside. He looked like he was stalking prey!

Roasted Herb-marinated All-Natural Ashley Farms Chicken Breast
Creamy Cheddar-Peppadew White Polenta, Petite Autumn Vegetables,

Chicken Cracklins, and Sherry-Chicken Jus

This is what my son ordered. Not the greatest picture either, but he took his photo taking job more seriously after seeing his dads pitiful pic. He usually took several shots until he was happy with it at the other restaurants. He was in love with his meal, and again, good reporting made me taste it. Holy cow, I wanted a vat of this polenta! I went back to steal several more forkfuls. Payback for stealing my bread toasts I didnt think you could get so much flavor in polenta. The chicken was delicious also, but oh my, that polenta!

Butter-poached Maine Lobster Tail with Black Angus New York Strip

This is what DH ordered. At least it is better than his mussel pic. He loved it and ate every bite. He said his steak was cooked perfectly and so was the lobster. I think I saw a tear escape his eye

Butter-poached Maine Lobster Tail with Filet Mignon

Ok, I admit my pic wasnt the greatest either. My camera actually has a food setting! Which I used, but its not the greatest in low light. The steak was like butter. No, wait, the lobster was like butter. The butter was like...oh, umm...nevermind. Seriously, the steak was delicious. Cooked perfectly and very tender. The lobster was fantastic! Again, perfectly cooked and so tender, buttery, and delicious. The potatoes were good, not the best ever, but the rest of the meal made up for it.

Baked Chocolate Mousse w/ Bourbon Caramel Sauce and Whipped Cream

This is what DH ordered. He liked it very much. I'm not really a fan of the warm chocolate cake or molten cake thing usually, but tried it anyway and thought it was pretty tasty.

Almond Crusted Cheesecake

My only defense for the lousy pic is my excitement to finally try this! It was creamy and delicious. It had a really nice almond flavor. I could not finish it, as I was also eating my sons dessert who was nodding off. I of course took it back to the room with me. Tragically, it ended up getting tossed before I could eat it. I will explain in my review of the Yachtsman.

Coconut and Chocolate Crème Brûlée
Layered Coconut and Chocolate with Whipped Chantilly Cream and Toasted Coconut

This was sooo good! My son was nodding off, so I ate several spoons of this. It was so creamy and delicious. The coconut and chocolate together was amazing.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience once we finally got there! I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone or go back myself.

Last edited by sweeteypie1118; 11-28-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: