Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Moderate vs Value for Solo Trip

Hello Ya'll!

I am looking at booking a 9 day trip in May, and am starting to rethink my resort choice. I have stayed at the Values (Pop and ASMu) and really enjoyed them. But those trips have been short 4 day trips of drop and run. I did not spend any time at the resorts other than a few visits to the food courts.

This trip, I plan on spending some time at the pool and just relaxing, not being on the go all the time. I know the Values have secondary/smaller pools that are more quiet than the main/big pools. Are the Moderate pool areas worth the price of the upgrade? I won't spend much time in my room. So I am really looking at the other amenities of the Moderates may offer, such as spa services, TS restaurants, etc.

I have been purchasing Disney Gift Cards to pay for my trip, and have enough for the upgrade. That being said, should I use them or save the $$ and use what extra I have for gifts and/or a future inevitable trip?

Also, I live in the French Quarter of New Orleans, so am shying away from POR/FQ and looking at CS and CB. Does anyone have any preference between these two? (Also hoping for a % discount to be announced soon!)

Thanks for any advice! I love this board as it has helped me a great deal!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: